X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It seems to me they were conflicted. Ultron seemed menacing, but that shyt felt hollow.

And indeed, he should've been waaaaaayyyy more menacing than how he was portrayed on film. The whole film itself had a lot of issues.

Yup. And Whedon is the first to talk about them but as someone pointed out, he's quick to point out the faults of his projects and blame them on someone else and not his writing or his own shortcomings.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It seems to me they were conflicted. Ultron seemed menacing, but that shyt felt hollow.

And indeed, he should've been waaaaaayyyy more menacing than how he was portrayed on film. The whole film itself had a lot of issues.
Yeah, Ultron talked a big game but with no fukkin' backup. He kicked no one's ass the entire movie, they even had him going toe to toe with Cap. :camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couldn't agree more. I used to be one of those Marvel stans who wanted them to get all their rights back so we could get the piff comic book storylines but truth be told they've been making cookie cutter, child friendly, villain lobotomised movies for a minute. From Ronan the accuser, Loki, and worst of all Ultron their villains ain't shyt. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them shyts but they are tame when it gets to the deep end.

The nimrods wrecking the mutants in DOFP and Shaw killing Darwin :mjpls: would never happen under Marvel on the big screen.

When you really think about it, even the Fantastic Four has a more piff rogues gallery than the Avengers. (Doom, Galactus, the Skrulls >>>>>>) :mjpls:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Probably my biggest complaint with the MCU by far I said the same thing in another thread these MCU films going forward really let these villains get more shine especially once they start using Thanos. I'd hate it if the MCU undervitalized any Spidey villain after finally getting his rights back he easily has a top five rogue gallery.
But yet the street villains on their Netflix shows are straight evil and ruthless

They neuture the villains to get that PG-13 rating but they actually need to release an uncut version at least on Bluray

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Couldn't agree more. I used to be one of those Marvel stans who wanted them to get all their rights back so we could get the piff comic book storylines but truth be told they've been making cookie cutter, child friendly, villain lobotomised movies for a minute. From Ronan the accuser, Loki, and worst of all Ultron their villains ain't shyt. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy them shyts but they are tame when it gets to the deep end.

The nimrods wrecking the mutants in DOFP and Shaw killing Darwin :mjpls: would never happen under Marvel on the big screen.
Yeah no shyt. Because Darwin can't fukking die and the people at Marvel aren't that quick to completely shyt on a characters entire characterization the say singers culo blasting ass is

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Only thing I wanna say is I despise Singer for butchering the characterization of the movies, but I can't act like DOFP wasn't the best superhero movie probably since TDK. And when Scott showed up at the end...

Brehs....

It was too much for a breh emotionally.

I just wish Singer even pretended to give a damn about the characters

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Olivia Munn in it so you know its gona end
tumblr_inline_mph8wkuG631qz4rgp.gif
giphy.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah no shyt. Because Darwin can't fukking die and the people at Marvel aren't that quick to completely shyt on a characters entire characterization the say singers culo blasting ass is
Yeah. Except you know. When they did that to mandarin in iron man 3.

:camby:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I'm watching First class and DOFP for the first time...

EDIT: are there german subtitles missing?:patrice:

Last edited: