Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:jbhmm:

Can we ban this fool and his aliases from this thread now? :mjlol:

The first 3 xmen movies had no backstory. It was mostly centered around rouge. Professor X was regulated to :flabbynsick: status even though he's one of the most powerful mutants.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine was hot garbage. They disrespected Deadpool and Gambit was in there a whole 5 minutes. Every damn mutants powers in the first 3 movies were either handcuffed or flat out wrong (Juggernaut wasn't a mutant) You never saw much of the Sentinels in DOFP. The ONLY decent X-Men flick has been First Class.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel is handicapped in what that can do based on the comic books because a lot of their characters intertwine with characters they don't have rights to. They can't even use the term "mutant" They have to say enhanced and have now been forced to use Inhumans instead. They've made lemonade out of lemons.

Age of Ultron storyline was different and that had little to do with some mutant of a Fantastic Four.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
EVF is spouting the truth like when you already meet the xmen they are already established with all their shyt but there's not a lot of character development.

And all things considered the first xmen was OK. But the dialogue needed help. Singer cannot do action scenes that well and they focused too much on wolverine. :francis:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Age of Ultron storyline was different and that had little to do with some mutant of a Fantastic Four.

I think if they can re-do Ultron they would. I don't think that's the story they wanted to tell but had no choice. Ultron was created by Hank Pym created Ultron but in order to make that into a movie he would've had to have been in one of Marvels earlier movies and way before the first Avengers. Marvel hasn't been perfect but I give them props for what they've done so far with how they introduce new characters and have everything connected.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think if they can re-do Ultron they would. I don't think that's the story they wanted to tell but had no choice. Ultron was created by Hank Pym created Ultron but in order to make that into a movie he would've had to have been in one of Marvels earlier movies and way before the first Avengers. Marvel hasn't been perfect but I give them props for what they've done so far with how they introduce new characters and have everything connected.

Yet nobody is going to give props for Singer single-handidly rebooted and erased the previous canon of X-men films with DoFP? The issue was X-men was the 1ST TRUE Marvel movie (yes, Blade came two years before, but that wasn't even promoted as a Marvel movie at all.) and at that time, compromises were forced to be made for people to ACCEPT this new medium onto the big screen. So, it was understandable for changes back then. But now when you got a full generation that grew up on these comic book films, you have to give Singer props for re-upping the franchise that started it all WHILE maintaining movie canon. This is why I do not get the HATE. I can understand the hate for FOX trying to screw everything up during the period when Singer left, but even THEY realized in order to stay up against Marvel Studios they had to bring Singer back in some form, but this was HIS UNIVERSE. And all of the films that involved him were decent to great. They're not entirely true to the comics, but virtually everyone except for the 1st one were adaptations to what was in the comics, especially DoFP which is way more true to the comic (aside from Wolverine replacing Kitty Pryde) than Age of Ultron and this upcoming Civil War.

The fact is that none of these comic book films will EVER be just like the comic book themselves. And from what we learned from The Watchmen, sometimes being TOO accurate doesn't translate well to film.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a black man i'm getting really tired of seeing white people playing black persons, apocalypse is white (gods of egypt got ethered because of that BS :ufdup:) Stom is friggin LIGHT SKIN. When I read that singer casted her:beli: no talent but the ____ sucking skills were on point right :martin:.

ApocalypseMJPLS%20copy.png

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Yet nobody is going to give props for Singer single-handidly rebooted and erased the previous canon of X-men films with DoFP? The issue was X-men was the 1ST TRUE Marvel movie (yes, Blade came two years before, but that wasn't even promoted as a Marvel movie at all.) and at that time, compromises were forced to be made for people to ACCEPT this new medium onto the big screen. So, it was understandable for changes back then. But now when you got a full generation that grew up on these comic book films, you have to give Singer props for re-upping the franchise that started it all WHILE maintaining movie canon. This is why I do not get the HATE. I can understand the hate for FOX trying to screw everything up during the period when Singer left, but even THEY realized in order to stay up against Marvel Studios they had to bring Singer back in some form, but this was HIS UNIVERSE. And all of the films that involved him were decent to great. They're not entirely true to the comics, but virtually everyone except for the 1st one were adaptations to what was in the comics, especially DoFP which is way more true to the comic (aside from Wolverine replacing Kitty Pryde) than Age of Ultron and this upcoming Civil War.

The fact is that none of these comic book films will EVER be just like the comic book themselves. And from what we learned from The Watchmen, sometimes being TOO accurate doesn't translate well to film.

He was responsible for the first 2 (he wrote both) so I'm suppose to give him props for cleaning up his own mess? And yeah, he was one of the first ones doing comic book movies, BUT lets keep it 100. X-Men sells itself but I won't go there. Marvel revolutionized everything with the "cinematic universe". Everybody playing catch up.

I will give him props for First Class and since he's writing/directing/producing this one as well, I will go see it.. BUT my biggest gripe is how they are introducing characters, mainly Apocalypse.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
The problem with the entire X Men franchise is they NEVER write stories where every character is developed and fleshed out. The entire series has be all about Logan. Every other character has be generically told. First Class was the first time they actually took time to develop a real storyline with a foundation. DOFP was written specifically to wipe out the first 3 X-Men movies but honestly they could've gone in another direction. They could've continued and picked up directly from First Class but chose not too. The Sententials could've been saved with another movie because the story about how they were created didn't match up with the timeline of the first 3 movies anyway. But Fox figured since they were going to erase what happened anyway it wouldn't matter :mjpls: Those Sentinels in the future would've been dope and since Jennifer Lawrence was leaving anyway they could've killed her off or found an older actress to take her place.

Now they go straight to Apocalypse. :mindblown: For what? All of these early movies could've been about mutants and humans struggling to co-exist. Apocalyse should've been saved to a movie way down the road. You expect me to believe that mutants who are still trying to use their powers are going to be able to put up a legit fight with Apocalypse :mjpls:
What?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

Hell no!!! Time travel I don't have to explain shyt:camby:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
The first 3 xmen movies had no backstory. It was mostly centered around rouge. Professor X was regulated to :flabbynsick: status even though he's one of the most powerful mutants.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine was hot garbage. They disrespected Deadpool and Gambit was in there a whole 5 minutes. Every damn mutants powers in the first 3 movies were either handcuffed or flat out wrong (Juggernaut wasn't a mutant) You never saw much of the Sentinels in DOFP. The ONLY decent X-Men flick has been First Class.
Let's not go deep how its filled with plot holes and said fukk you to the new xmen characters just to go back to the old fox's forumla

Uno

Superstar
Daps

Don't try to play it off. Why do you have two accounts?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still gonna see the movie on day one. It's just that the trailer is just meh.

Did anyone catch who thr 4th horseman is?

the 4th horseman is psylocke, played by oliva munn...they show her face in the trailer, but not her powers...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thoughts:

- good teaser trailer...gave us enough to talk about the movie, but not too much...

- the look for apoc is a lot better in motion than the pics showed...not sold on the voice, but at least they got him changing size and being powerful as shyt...

- the 80s look is gonna be weird, but it does add color to the movie...most of the xmen movies so far have been lacking color, something comic books have..

- glad wolvie aint in the trailer....bout time they realized xmen has a great collection of mutants, and arent just a backup group for wolvie....

- archangel looks great...

- not feeling the fact it looks like jlaw gonna be running around not blue most the movie...i get she doesnt like the paint, but her being blue is part of the character...at least wear the suit...

Last edited: