X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not excited for this but I'll still be in attendance like everyone else. The thing with all the X movies is the action is weak. We'll never get a accurate story telling but thats Hollywood, at least get the action properly choreographed. Blade, Watchmen, and the Avengers had ill fight scenes. Besides that I hope its dope

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Not excited for this but I'll still be in attendance like everyone else. The thing with all the X movies is the action is weak. We'll never get a accurate story telling but thats Hollywood, at least get the action properly choreographed. Blade, Watchmen, and the Avengers had ill fight scenes. Besides that I hope its dope

If the Russo Bros were involved...this would not be a problem

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The first viewing of this trailer had me excited. Subsequent viewings don't hold up though. All of the smoke and mirrors with the fancy dramatic music and fast editing becomes very apparent. But it is just a trailer so :yeshrug:. I know I'll wind up seeing it based off of the strength of the last movie. Not expecting much though because I'm still not feeling Jen Lawrence as Mystique. Why can't they bring back Rebecca Romijn? :wtb:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The first viewing of this trailer had me excited. Subsequent viewings don't hold up though. All of the smoke and mirrors with the fancy dramatic music and fast editing becomes very apparent. But it is just a trailer so :yeshrug:. I know I'll wind up seeing it based off of the strength of the last movie. Not expecting much though because I'm still not feeling Jen Lawrence as Mystique. Why can't they bring back Rebecca Romijn? :wtb:

The og cast was pretty much done after Last Stand and Days of Future past sadly

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Trailer looks hurt. Not feelin good about this. They shoulda done apoc cgi. Also not a fan of jennifer lawrence.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This is why the movie will fail, they let JLaw do whatever the fukk she wants

Jennifer Lawrence Confirms She's Blue For A Little Bit In X-Men: Apocalypse
With the release of X-Men: Apocalypse's first trailer this week, many X-fans are asking, "Why isn't Mystique blue?" It's because the make-up is a lot of work and very uncomfortable for the actress charged with bringing Raven to life on screen, Jennifer Lawrence.

However, Lawrence recently revealed she will, in fact, show-off Mystique's famous blue skin in Apocalypse. "I am blue in it, a little bit," Larence told CinemaBlend. "I put my foot down as much as I could. [But they were very, very nice to me."

Lawrence wasn't open to spilling any more details about her role in the film just yet but at least we know we'll see the Mystique we've known for years despite not seeing the blue make-up in the Apocalypse trailer. Apocalypse marks Lawrence's last go as Mystique, so hopefully whoever takes over finds the make-up a bit more comfortable.

:beli: already know the bytch is gonna be phoning it in

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it, X-men would probably be better off as a live-action series. If Marvel ends up getting it back, that's something they should look into. (even though probably won't happen until we're all :flabbynsick: or :rip: )They could cover a lot of stories and characters you wouldn't normally have time to focus on in a two hour movie

Regardless of who owns the rights, I just want to see this piff done justice in live action :mjcry:
b993f41d3a62d3e10d843c1f256c87ed.jpg

787564-byrne_x_men_vs_magneto_volca.jpg

711355-x_men_vs_alpha_flight.jpg

x_men_vs_imperial_guard_by_byrne_by_namorsubmariner-d5477l9.jpg

X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Comic-Book-570x418.jpg

Byrne-X-men-Montage-Small.jpg

:mjcry: :mjcry: :mjcry:

(to be fair, Days of Future Past is still solid and arguably the best of the movies. Even if the comic is still better IMO)

Uno

Superstar
Daps

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
The more I think about it, X-men would probably be better off as a live-action series. If Marvel ends up getting it back, that's something they should look into. (even though probably won't happen until we're all :flabbynsick: or :rip: )They could cover a lot of stories and characters you wouldn't normally have time to focus on in a two hour movie

Regardless of who owns the rights, I just want to see this piff done justice in live action :mjcry:

(to be fair, Days of Future Past is still solid and arguably the best of the movies. Even if the comic is still better IMO)

:noah:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This is why the movie will fail, they let JLaw do whatever the fukk she wants

Jennifer Lawrence Confirms She's Blue For A Little Bit In X-Men: Apocalypse

:beli: already know the bytch is gonna be phoning it in

They guy who played Nightcrawler in X2 didn't come back because he hated the make-up. They winged the make-up for Marv in Sin City 2 because Mickey Rourke hated sitting through make-up and working with all that shyt on his face. So no surprises here really, I bet if you low-key asked Ron Perlman about it he'd probably admit working in make-up is fukking shyt as well, and his whole career has been based on it. :russ:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

One thing i've noticed with how Fox does there stuff compared to Marvel and what little we've seen of DC so far is that Fox doesn't really use their big budget for wide spread dbz-like slug fests and big team battles like the MCU & DCU do.

Not to say it's worse or better, as its more a stylistic choice... Fox seems to lean more on standalone "character feats", i.e. Magneto with the coin thing/lifting the stadium/stopping the falling x-jet; nightcrawler at the white house; the whole quicksilver sequence; prof x at the end of that last wolverine film, etc. This has the desired effect as i remember the audience in my theaters always cheered or applauded during those moments...

...but for me personally, after the past few years of seeing superman vs the krptonians, hulk vs iron man/thor/everybody, and the opening sequence of AoU where we see nothing but superhero fukkery (plus the final fights in both Avenger films)... it did make this x-men trailer seem a bit bland to me.

Anyone who knows the comics knows that Colossus, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, even Rogue, etc can get down like Hulk and Doomsday, but obviously it's not that type of movie. On the plus side, there were great moments of big team battle/tag teams in DoFP with Blink as the architect... so they may have built on that here for a later reveal.