X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Except they have explored racism and bigotry every single X-Men movie they made? What the fukk are people watching?
I mean but have they really? I mean yea they touched on it and get called out by the government from time to time and they even showed a few fukked up pics of them dead (DOFP) but none of these movies make you really see them suffering b/c of them being mutants. You always hear about what they went through after the fact (and never shown) when Xavier, Wolverine, or Mags finds them and wants them to join up to fight for their cause. I mean I get why Mags is so pissed b/c in First Class you saw him in the concentration camps and his mother killed in front of his eyes which is what really made him and that movie so damn good IMO. Thats the type of shyt that's missing with these movies. It seems like they just rush through that part and show the "cool new mutant". Apocalypse deserves better than this. Chayton would have been perfect as Apocalypse.

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I mean but have they really? I mean yea they touched on it and get called out by the government from time to time and they even showed a few fukked up pics of them dead (DOFP) but none of these movies make you really see them suffering b/c of them being mutants. You always hear about what they went through after the fact (and never shown) when Xavier, Wolverine, or Mags finds them and wants them to join up to fight for their cause. I mean I get why Mags is so pissed b/c in First Class you saw him in the concentration camps and his mother killed in front of his eyes which is what really made him and that movie so damn good IMO. Thats the type of shyt that's missing with these movies. It seems like they just rush through that part and show the "cool new mutant". Apocalypse deserves better than this. Chayton would have been perfect as Apocalypse.

the entire premise of DOFP is that the government created a weapon that targets only mutants and they were hunted out of existence..Almost every X-Men movie has explored racism and bigotry..

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
the entire premise of DOFP is that the government created a weapon that targets only mutants and they were hunted out of existence..Almost every X-Men movie has explored racism and bigotry..
Yes I know but again we saw no real suffering by any mutants in these movies. Just pics of them dead or the end result. In DOFP sentinels were about to start kicking ass and fukking up mutants but again that never happens (except for in the future when they're getting sniped by mutants but again it never really happens and those fight scenes were weak as fukk and damn near cartoony).

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Seen the trailer several of times and :martin: at Mystique looking like she is going to be the leader in this shyt. :snoop:

Giving me Hunger Game vibes and what not :smh:

Outside of that and Sansa Stark's putrid opening sequence...shyt was dope imo. :manny:

Apocalypse could be better but Oscar Issac seems to be doing a formidable job based off of the trailer.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why people keep dismissing that Vaughn had his marching orders from Singer??? Yes, props to Vaughn's director, but it's based on what SINGER wanted. Singer as the producer and co-writer was the one telling Vaughn what he wanted on-screen and Vaughn was the one directing the cast and cinematographer Singer's vision.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I like FC and DOFP. However, I dont understand why they disrespect cyclops. He is leader of the xmen and the wartime leader of all mutants. IMO xmen just doesnt make sense in its own universe, the hierarchy of power is too established.

They should have done Onslaught instead of @En Sabah Nur . There is no way whatever way they have Mystique defeat him will make any sense.
yeah thats the biggest problem to me. the other stuff can be argued to be nit picking and probably wouldnt really impact how good the movie will be. but there is no reason for this cast of characters as built up by the universe in FC and DOFP to be able to defeat Apoc. but they will since its very doubtful they'll have the xmen lose so i want to see how the writers pull a W out for them

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah thats the biggest problem to me. the other stuff can be argued to be nit picking and probably wouldnt really impact how good the movie will be. but there is no reason for this cast of characters as built up by the universe in FC and DOFP to be able to defeat Apoc. but they will since its very doubtful they'll have the xmen lose so i want to see how the writers pull a W out for them
Mystique probably sacrifices herself in a way that causes the division between X and Magneto to grow even wider

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Apocalypse looks like a weakling incased in a suit #Truth . En Saba Nur has had a fukked life. Which drives and manifests itself in his presence. From his articulation to his posture, Em Saba Nur is omnipotent in his own beliefs (blind arrogance). Where's no Dark horseman, I can already see that now. There won't be a elite caliber Night crawler or X-men beating heads. No sentinels again... No Cable and not because the plot but there's no Sinister mention before. These things seem so unimportant and trivial to the less knowledgeable. But story Holes leads to Action Holes. And that's the main reason if any these X-men movies do numbers and that's FACT!! Mystique is the proverbial leader from what we see...and that's a rewrite of fukkery. This X-men Apocalypse movie has become just another old vilian against a very untrained X-men team. Oh I wonder what could possibly happen?!?! Xavier and Magneto are always the epicenter of Marvel in some way or another. Seeing Charles manipulated and rendered useless is old and disrespectful. Not a bias ...I want a great movie with action and a plot that comes from pieces of the other movies. I known some of you don't care, which makes me wonder why even consider watching this based of the mid used name?? But it will have maybe a familiar enough feel for it to be worthy.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Watched some trailer reactions and one breh had me rolling because at the end of the trailer when they show bald professor x, dude did the:leostare: then just laughed.:russ:

As far as x-men films go, I prefer First Class over DOFP. shyt felt like a real X-men movie with everybody coming together and getting a chance to show off their abilities. With DOFP, it kind of fell off after the Quicksilver scene.

No disrespect to Hugh Jackman since he's the GOAT but the focus on wolverine does get a little tiresome. Thats why I'm kind of glad that wolverine supposedly won't have a huge role in the movie.

I'll be there day one regardless:yeshrug:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Watched some trailer reactions and one breh had me rolling because at the end of the trailer when they show bald professor x, dude did the:leostare: then just laughed.:russ:

As far as x-men films go, I prefer First Class over DOFP. shyt felt like a real X-men movie with everybody coming together and getting a chance to show off their abilities. With DOFP, it kind of fell off after the Quicksilver scene.

No disrespect to Hugh Jackman since he's the GOAT but the focus on wolverine does get a little tiresome. Thats why I'm kind of glad that wolverine supposedly won't have a huge role in the movie.

I'll be there day one regardless:yeshrug:

The problem with the entire X Men franchise is they NEVER write stories where every character is developed and fleshed out. The entire series has be all about Logan. Every other character has be generically told. First Class was the first time they actually took time to develop a real storyline with a foundation. DOFP was written specifically to wipe out the first 3 X-Men movies but honestly they could've gone in another direction. They could've continued and picked up directly from First Class but chose not too. The Sententials could've been saved with another movie because the story about how they were created didn't match up with the timeline of the first 3 movies anyway. But Fox figured since they were going to erase what happened anyway it wouldn't matter :mjpls: Those Sentinels in the future would've been dope and since Jennifer Lawrence was leaving anyway they could've killed her off or found an older actress to take her place.

Now they go straight to Apocalypse. :mindblown: For what? All of these early movies could've been about mutants and humans struggling to co-exist. Apocalyse should've been saved to a movie way down the road. You expect me to believe that mutants who are still trying to use their powers are going to be able to put up a legit fight with Apocalypse :mjpls:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

couldn't have put it better. they simply don't know how to write good stories. Marvel at least tries to have a coherent narrative. Ultron could've been done more justice but at least he lasted for most of the movie and at least we know the main plot that connects all of these movies are the infinity gems. Not to mention they follow up with agents of shield and shows like Jessica Jones where they show how people with super powers are integrated within society. X-Men has the best characters and could be doing so much more. They are selling themselves short on so many levels.