X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It was an alright trailer. DOFP is underrated af. One of the best Superhero movies ever made.

It would be nice if Fox gave Marvel back the rights but they've done a decent job with the series so far

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Ever since watching the cartoons i have been a wolverine fan. But an X-men movie without wolverine is straight BS! Atleast do what you did with xavier and recast him as a younger xmen.

As posted above that what i thought too they better not replace mystique as the leader instead wolverine makes no sense

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Maybe it's just me but the whole premise seems very uninteresting with this cast. I feel like apocalypse would be a much better villain once this current X-men universe is more established. It still feels like the Xmen are still in its baby phase. Compared to all the other X-men movies it feels like the X-men B or even C team vs Apocalypse. I would have been more interested with a slightly smaller scale villain/villains that could show the young X-men and the school grow into what we invision them to be, but instead Apocalypse, one of the biggest baddest dude in the Xmen gallery gets thrown at them before they've even finished high school.

Apocalypse is literally a villain that Fox could have utilized at any time. But I think "these" X-Men are not the ones you want fighting against a villain like Apoc, atleast not this early in their development. None of them at least from the trailer seem like trained, battle harden X-Men that you would want to see go up against Apoc.
Post filled to the brim with truth. Looking past the look, voice, Jlaw leading the team, etc the meat and bones of the movie is some pups going against Cujo. @En Sabah Nur is too much for them at this stage of their development so how they defeat him has a high likelihood of being corny. Which therefore means the climax will be corny and the movie will likely be mediocre at best.

But I'm willing to wait and see since I thought both FC and DOFP were good.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it me or has fox turned mystique into a damn hero. She's a fukking villain :mindblown:

Even Magneto is more of an anti hero than a real villain.
At this point in the comics she's a completey horrible villain who doesn't at least have magnetos reasoning for why he did fukked up stuff ( trying to save mutant kind )

Daps
Reppin
NYC
look we could argue opinions until we are blue in the face. some people liked DOFP, some didn't. who gives a fukk. it's not a marvel vs fox thing, we all like we what we like and it doesn't matter which studio puts their stamp on it.

however here are some facts, not opinions, about the apocalypse trailer.

- our superheroes appear in regular clothes more than they do in costume.

- jennifer lawrence is the leader of the x-men.

- everyone looks like they're teenagers.

- the effects look third rate.

- the dialogue is... uninspired.

- offers not a single thing new to the CBM genre. feels like we've seen this movie before.

just some insight into why some of us weren't so pleased with it.