Wu-Tang and white people

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Fam, I've been listening to Wu since 1994.

Some of the comments in this thread...not even gonna read them.

I wish I could smack the dogshyt out of some of you clowns hating on the wu.

They need Ghostface Killah and Rae to break their jaws. People got too gassed up on funny shyt that caters to hoes and goofy dudes.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I'm from small town tx and didn't rock with WU until later. We were all about the West Coast and South shyt back then. Not a soul was into wu tang around my way. I'm actually dissappointed in myself that I didn't know much about wu tang outside of rap city. And when I joined the USMC and met NYC dudes, it was a helluva cultural exchange. For as big as Geto Boys or Scarface was to us they ain't register like that with my east coast brehs. But I'm glad I got on to them, but after UGK , Geto Boys, Outkast, and NWA they one of my favorites
Hol' up, Breh! We've BEEN loving Geto Boys (even when they were the Ghetto Boys), 8-Ball & MJG, & Scarface since way back in the day! We put respeck on their names!
:ufdup:

Also, Hoorah, Devil Dog!
:salute:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Meth didn’t show up at my show. They had odb son rapping in place of his father. Show was meh, but what rap shows aren’t :yeshrug:

That's why I don't go to Rap shows. Rap shows are for the hoes. Only a couple of performers could really do a show.

If I were going to a rap show it would probably be an underground backpacker show. Even if they're not good they're not pretentious. The last rap concert I went to was the spitkickers show (jigga was on the tour but he didn't show up at my show)

shyt was funny though because Pharohe Monch was there and he had some dude singing the hook to Simon Says Dude sounded and even looked like Captain Caveman when he said Show me your titties!!!! That's literally the only part he said considering the future shea butter feminists in the crowd (mainly to see Jane Grey) shyt was hilarious.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
absolutely. I mean I remember when Rap City had Conscious Wednesday where they would play Pro Black rap songs. There used to be enough Problack rap songs to play them in a block on an entire show It really moved the culture people thought differently. There were c00ns but it wasn't cool to be a c00n as it is now. Now it seems like being a c00n is being smart, like it's impossible for Black people to make it.

shyts crazy.

These people in this thread are trying to erase history, on some white supremacist shyt.

Guess ita cool to be anything BUT pro black. I made a thread about this in The Booth.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
yeah white folks into hip hop love Wu tang, NWA (and anything G-Funk Dr Dre) and Public Enemy...on this fuk the world type of music...I remember when those groups were hot and you’d see white kids bangin these groups from their moms family van or dads beemer

Wu is the GOAT to me though...I been rocking with them since 93’ when hey first dropped..:I still have my Protect Ya Neck single on cassette and refuse to get rid of it

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
This is true. Wu are almost like Hip Hop's Avengers or X-Men. A bunch of dope rappers, each with their own style and unique personalities.

And ANYBODY that even utters that Wu music is music for cacs is dumb as fukk or trolling. Wu lyrics are mostly about street shyt and 5% ideology. Me and the homie was at the crib the other day watching a youtube clip of Arsenio Hall's last show and laughing at the end where ODB kept yelling into the crowd "THE BLACK MAN IS GOD! THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!" :russ:
Yo, can we take just a sec to pay homage to the way Arsenio told those cacs to kiss his azz in his last season.
They told him to go whiten up, and Arsenio went out and brought back the Honorable Minister!

:myman:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
cacs love gravitating toward rap artists/groups that appear not to have them in mind and that we’re deemed to be rebellious as fukk...case in point the 2 groups you mentioned...I saw it w/ public enemy as well
Public Enemy
Rastafarianism/reggae
Wu

Anything with pro-black leanings and an anti white message, particular cacs gravitate towards that.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
images

8fd0512252213796827fbec0c735a7df.jpg

20190830_Rxnz04rWBhONRSM.jpg

71968c8b28de1e4cf555075c15508890.jpg

ceee7e38b1b0d9c895b65a20ca9c5fd4.jpg

Nipsey%20Hussle%20tattoo%20by%20Cecil%20Porter%20.jpg

l.jpg

images

I got a lot of questions for this dude:skip:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I know they hit up hampton when I was there...this was on the cusp of them dropping the first album...they was passing out the PYN single w/ method man on the B-side...I’m tempted to say meth...deck and ODB was there...I 100% remember ODB cuz of the hair...I imagine they hit up a lot of other colleges in VA/NC
They came to VSU (The Best School in the CIAA) when I was there. Method Man was crowd surfing all through Daniels Gymnasium!
:jawalrus: