Wu-Tang and white people

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I usually come through and try to defend your viewpoints, because you said that you experienced some culture shock as a Somali iving in the UK, but you keep saying some out of pocket stuff. It's almost like you have NO grasp of western popular culture.
Groups like Wu-Tang, Public Enemy, and The Roots perform for largely white audiences when they tour. White people have been the top purchasers of rap music since the late 80's/early 90's, and they also are the largest concert ticket purchasing block. That doesn't mean that those groups make music for white people; far from it, actually.
Wu-Tang has 5% ideology, Supreme mathematics, and the Supreme alphabet in almost every one of their albums. That ain't for cacs, breh.
If you watch a Public Enemy concert online, you'll hear Chuck D rapping pro-Black & NOI inspired lyrics to a sea of white faces. You'll also see the S1W's performing FOI martial arts on stage. Again, not for cacs.

Speaking of that I remember a half cac German and Nigerian NOI member in the UK hearing Poppa Wu /Old Man Freedom breack down Actual Facts, and English C Lessons on the Into to Wu Tang Forever and he was flabbergasted. He couldn't believe that people knew this who weren't in the Nation. I had to explain to him what the Nation of Gods and Earths was.

I think I planted a seed, dude might've said to himself If I could do the knowledge without living in the strict code of the Nation......

The Nation of Islam has always been cool, to a point, They don't like people having the knowledge but not being a NOI member they low key see it as a corrupting influence.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
I know they hit up hampton when I was there...this was on the cusp of them dropping the first album...they was passing out the PYN single w/ method man on the B-side...I’m tempted to say meth...deck and ODB was there...I 100% remember ODB cuz of the hair...I imagine they hit up a lot of other colleges in VA/NC

They hit up NC A&T as well, because I remember my roommate and I drive from WSSU to watch on Wednesday afternoon..... skipped like two classes that day

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
White ppl love listening to music that shyts on em

They love PE more than black folk...I known so many cacs who fave album is Fear of Black Planet or Nation of millions

They love early Cube and Lench mob...albums that have multiple songs basically with they foot on YT folk nekk

Nowadays they like dudes like Jpegmafia who b calling em cracker in damn near every other song

White guilt is some weird shyt

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Wutang is almost like a religion mixed with super hero type characters.

Think of a hip hop Star Wars saga and you see why people of all races love Wu. There’s a clear story you can follow. With interesting characters. Plus the music was perfect for the era.

This is true. Wu are almost like Hip Hop's Avengers or X-Men. A bunch of dope rappers, each with their own style and unique personalities.

And ANYBODY that even utters that Wu music is music for cacs is dumb as fukk or trolling. Wu lyrics are mostly about street shyt and 5% ideology. Me and the homie was at the crib the other day watching a youtube clip of Arsenio Hall's last show and laughing at the end where ODB kept yelling into the crowd "THE BLACK MAN IS GOD! THE BLACK MAN IS GOD!" :russ:

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Like I said I'm a superfan but the only ones I'd chance at a show would be Meth and ODB (RIP) But they were smart to incorporate the Kung-Fu shyt because none of their associate acts did but had similar lyrics and they're not performing yet the Wu is. Only because they covered up what they said
Meth didn’t show up at my show. They had odb son rapping in place of his father. Show was meh, but what rap shows aren’t :yeshrug:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
All black people I've met had nothing positive to say about Wu Tang.

full