Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
What type of shyt is Penn on :picard:

She got removed from a book hosting for scabbing :picard:

its nasty but he is right. You could probably find a deep fake of Sean Penn getting his vagina ran through. Yes, I said vagina, and that’s his point.

He is a fukking lunatic, but his point is right because these studios are literally trying to pull stunts like that.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Drew better be ready in case somebody start wilding out:picard:

does her show even need writers? that shyt ain't even scripted.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
What writers...theyll all be out on the picket lines. Drew going to have to be improvising like crazy :lolbron:
Shoot I thought I replied. I meant pay the crew since they're left out of the current strikes. They've been out of work for months too. I can't even slander her when other talk shows are also coming back as well.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This whole working class needs to fukking strike.
highkey these strikes are taking away leverage from the IATSE negotiations that are supposed to happen (next year iirc)

they can't even threaten with another strike because this current one is fukking over non acting/writing film crew as well and they're just gonna wanna get back to working, producers are gonna know this

guarantee if iatse DID go on strike all these same actors and writers would be more open minded to having non-union crew :mjpls: that solidarity doesn't work both ways

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Call me anti union. I’ve been called way worse, but people supposedly living paycheck to paycheck being out of work for 5 months is not a solution to getting paid by multi billion dollar corporations. This is irresponsible leadership at this point.

How do you tell your children you’ve all got to go stay with aunt Gloria because you wanted more money and the best way you had to do it is make no money? This stuff works when it can quickly disable an entire industry and bring it to an immediate stand still. When UPS goes on strike it HURTS. If fast food workers all went on strike it would HURT. When these guys go on strike people just watch something else.

And all history shows is that they’ll come back and have to do this again next time. It’s cute for a minute, “oh I support fair wage, ect”. Man if you got a sit this long you really do need to find a different job. I’m sorry, this ain’t the great crusade right here.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Studios are losing money but they are multibillion dollar corporations. They can survive longer. The writers and actors had no plan. I feel there are various ways to apply pressure and they've done none of it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Apple and Amazon seem to be the companies that make the most sense. Like you said Apple wants to bolster their sports offerings. They already have MLS and MLB, but DISNEY/ESPN gets them in on the NBA.

Those parks don't really fit for either company tho, but the IP would really have Apple's streaming service loaded.

Apple could leverage the parks for their product ecosystem in theory almost like showcasing the power of their stuff mixed with the IP, but who knows I`m just free styling
:mjlol:

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
Call me anti union. I’ve been called way worse, but people supposedly living paycheck to paycheck being out of work for 5 months is not a solution to getting paid by multi billion dollar corporations. This is irresponsible leadership at this point.

How do you tell your children you’ve all got to go stay with aunt Gloria because you wanted more money and the best way you had to do it is make no money? This stuff works when it can quickly disable an entire industry and bring it to an immediate stand still. When UPS goes on strike it HURTS. If fast food workers all went on strike it would HURT. When these guys go on strike people just watch something else.

And all history shows is that they’ll come back and have to do this again next time. It’s cute for a minute, “oh I support fair wage, ect”. Man if you got a sit this long you really do need to find a different job. I’m sorry, this ain’t the great crusade right here.
Good thing your weak ass aint a part of it:camby: