Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
No they not. They caved after Barrymore caved.

Which is why it's important stars as big as Barrymore get in line with the strike. Someone on Era was bytching because Barrymore was being "attacked" for working during the strike. They were whining about Barrymore getting more heat/criticism than Hudson. "let's see if Hudson gets the same amount of pushback as Drew"

Like do you not understand there are levels to this shyt and Barrymore is way more popular and has a higher status compared to Hudson? :dahell:
Theres 3 writers on the Barrymore versus over a hundred other workers, who havent had a check in months. I guess it's just fukk them even though their union isnt striking.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Theres 3 writers on the Barrymore versus over a hundred other workers, who havent had a check in months. I guess it's just fukk them even though their union isnt striking.
Basically. That was the logic behind the people trying to bring their shows back, there's way too many people who aren't gonna reap any benefits from this strike, writers and actors unions telling em to hold their own nuts essentially.

But you ask the average person and the only film jobs they know of are writer/director/actor/camera guy. It's like everyone else doesn't exist, even tho we've all seen hundred of names scrolling through credits....

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

"Hey everyone strike's done, we back in business!" :krs:

*Looks at schedule*

~Next 3 months of filming is on location in the dead of winter now instead of warm weather~ :upsetfavre::bryan:

But seriously tho I wonder how long it'll take for shows that had to pause midway to get back up n running, tons of people done went back to their hometowns, a lot just said fukk the industry so you gotta rehire positions, get permits from the city all over again, rent and ship equipment all over again, etc. etc.

You gonna be able to do all of that before the holiday season comes? :usure: Some of these locations are fukked now from the weather change. I could still see a lot of shows not actually resume filming until after new years

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't know how long of a turnaround there is once the strikes end to actually get shyt up and running but it doesn't matter much in the short term because the Fall and Winter is already fukked.

The one thing it'll speed up is get some of these movies that were already finished in the theaters by their new date. 'Dune Part II' for example is finished so they just need the actors and everyone to go on their promotional tour.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
IF it ends tomorrow (or if anything next week). Only shows I can see coming back are late night talk shows and SNL.

Especially during the holiday season..