Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
When Disney+ was announced Disney stock was $130/share. Fast-forward to now and it's at $81/share. COVID-19 levels.

Maybe they should do something about this strike.... :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In this scenario, would Apple keep the parks or nah?

This is why I'd say it's likelier that Disney downsizes because none of these tech companies have a clue on what to do with the parks. Apple is interested in ESPN for sports programming and integration purposes with their hardware and they'd obviously be interested in all the Disney IP but I don't think it has to get to that point. Disney will likely sell ESPN or form a partnership with a tech company to bring in some cash. They owe Universal for Hulu still too.

Warner Bros./Discovery is looking for a merger, I don't think there's any question on that. Eliminate more debt and hope to merge with Universal/Comcast being the likely partner.

The tech companies have the most cash though to get all of this done.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is why I'd say it's likelier that Disney downsizes because none of these tech companies have a clue on what to do with the parks. Apple is interested in ESPN for sports programming and integration purposes with their hardware and they'd obviously be interested in all the Disney IP but I don't think it has to get to that point. Disney will likely sell ESPN or form a partnership with a tech company to bring in some cash. They owe Universal for Hulu still too.

Warner Bros./Discovery is looking for a merger, I don't think there's any question on that. Eliminate more debt and hope to merge with Universal/Comcast being the likely partner.

The tech companies have the most cash though to get all of this done.
Apple and Amazon seem to be the companies that make the most sense. Like you said Apple wants to bolster their sports offerings. They already have MLS and MLB, but DISNEY/ESPN gets them in on the NBA.

Those parks don't really fit for either company tho, but the IP would really have Apple's streaming service loaded.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Those parks don't really fit for either company tho, but the IP would really have Apple's streaming service loaded.
fukk it, give me Amazon Land

or Amazon's California Adventure

they can change the Monsters Inc Ride to an Amazon Inc ride and you drive through making deliveries

instead of Avengers campus make it the Boys (:dame:) Campus

TDT

All Star
Daps
Drew better be ready in case somebody start wilding out:picard:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I want Zslav out out at Time Warner, and his scheme about short sells and loan calls, and all this to fail. Get someone back in there. Kilar or somebody.

Zslav has no vision, he's just a short seller/corporate raider guy, which is fine, but, those kind of strengths probably hurt you in a creative field.

This isn't health care or T Bonds.

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Is she pulling a Conan? Will she be paying the writers and doing some bullshyt during the show? From what I've read she's not breaking SAG-AFTRA rules. Talk shows are contracts were negotiated last year. So, I'll wait to hear more before I smear:jbhmm:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

It’s weird that she stepped down from hosting the MTV awards because of the strikes to only pull this particular move. i know her show has been struggling as they had to split into two half hour episodes, but she better hope this doesn’t come back to haunt her and do the show in altogether.

TDT

All Star
Daps
Is she pulling a Conan? Will she be paying the writers and doing some bullshyt during the show? From what I've read she's not breaking SAG-AFTRA rules. Talk shows are contracts were negotiated last year. So, I'll wait to hear more before I smear:jbhmm:
What writers...theyll all be out on the picket lines. Drew going to have to be improvising like crazy :lolbron: