Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

bnew

Veteran
Daps
kZXx3go.png

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This is where liberal movements fukk up every single time. Lack of focus

Y'all can't get these movie studios to negotiate terms yet and now you're trying to go after the gaming industry?
what in the fukk are you talking about? :russ:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They are still going about this all wrong. The studios DO NOT CARE about how they look and public perception. Most of the public doesn't care either because most of the public isn't going to feel bad for actors or writers, I said before they are trying to win a PR battle and it's not going to make a difference.

Studios only care about what their pockets are looking like. Put the pressure on their wallets.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nah

Its literally because they want to be more profitable and eventually cut out actors and writers.
That's with any business though. My point is that a lot of those shows on those streaming services people don't watch enough to help justify the cost of keeping them on there. It's no different than the cable model as there's only so much content that people can consume.

It's why I say that something is going to have to give with this streaming model and consumers are going to start balking if it starts getting too expensive.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's with any business though. My point is that a lot of those shows on those streaming services people don't watch enough to help justify the cost of keeping them on there. It's no different than the cable model as there's only so much content that people can consume.

I say all of that as someone who still thinks the eventual long end game is the cable format all over again, which benefits those studios more than the actual actors and writers themselves.
That’s fine

And the writers and actors want a piece of that which the streaming studios don’t want. That’s why they are striking.

They jumped into streaming without completely understanding it and now want the creatives to pay for it. fukk that.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That’s fine

And the writers and actors want a piece of that which the streaming studios don’t want. That’s why they are striking.

They jumped into streaming without completely understanding it and now want the creatives to pay for it. fukk that.
And the eventual endgame of that, which we're already seeing now is that those streaming studios are going to start pulling content from the service altogether just to avoid paying it.

Consumers for these streaming services hands as they didn't do it all on their own because they were already eating good financially under the cable format. It's a broken format for all parties involved with no true solution, which is why they're at the stalemate that they are now.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
And the eventual endgame of that, which we're already seeing now is that those streaming studios are going to start pulling content from the service altogether just to avoid paying it.
Which is what this strike is about. Putting more rules and parameters on those type of things. People still getting compensated for their work, etc.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why aren't actors making more deals right now with A24 and other independent studios to produce some lower/modest budget movies?

That would actually apply real pressure. There's going to be a number of months where the movie theaters are barren.

Produce some projects. Apply some pressure. You think studios would want to see top level actors and actresses appearing on all the evening shows promoting independent projects while they are postponing these huge tentpoles?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Which is what this strike is about. Putting more rules and parameters on those type of things. People still getting compensated for their work, etc.
My question to that is how to you determine those rules and parameters if a lot shows and movies just aren't bringing in the viewership to justify keeping it on the service. I'm not even referring to shows like The Office and Friends that the answer is easy, but more smaller ones.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
My question to that is how to you determine those rules and parameters if a lot shows and movies just aren't bringing in the viewership to justify keeping it on the service. I'm not even referring to shows like The Office and Friends that the answer is easy, but more smaller ones.
Let them negotiate that.