Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
This is the way.

kuiil-have-spoken.gif

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
This is my opinion. Dont get offended. And lemme say i dont agree with everything thats happening. The digital scanning shyt crazy for example…

My dad was in a construction union in nyc. Picketed, fought on the line and everything. These pampered fukks are crying cause they took away their shade and sidewalks. They aint about nothing.

i dont feel bad for THESE people even a little.

one writer crying he made 40k for one ep of tv one year and 10k the next. A whole ep of tv huh. Extras making 300 a day to stand around huh. You know how hard u gotta work to make 300 a day in REAL life and not hollywoodland?

Meanwhile theres people literally breaking their bodies to do work they are way more underpaid for, but because they just construction/specialized workers they gotta work 10x as hard for 10x less the money; because theyll just bring in some immigrants or scabs.

Sorry i dont feel bad. Its the entertainment industry. Their prolly aint a cushier one. The essencenof the industry is gambling. So gamble. Theirs no guarantees. Its opinion based. Can you guarantee your show or movie gon make money? No. But a real union worker can guarantee their work. The building will stand. The car will work.

I believe in unions for backbreaking/mindbending work, not writing and acting. Sorry if this offends anyone but its how i feel. Actors always been on some commie me me me shyt while being spoiled by their industry making a shyt ton of money.

With the advent of online personalities, and scriptless content and AI, i would not get my hopes up. Its reality check time.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

They coming after the game industry :lupe:

Edit: Added context from Era
Super interesting this is happening. For context, Genshin Impact made by MiHoYo has been using non-union actors for the game, and they also don't pay their talent in timely manner. I hope this will be the time for SAG and the WGA to take a more direct interest in video game production. For instance, Rockstar Games doesn't really believe in residuals for actors, and Michael Hollic -- the actor behind Niko from GTA IV --- called them out about it and was subsequently blackballed by Rockstar and other game makers. Capcom also really likes to use non-union actors for their games as well. RE2 Remake is their best selling RE game ever, and the acting talent in that game got paid fairly small for their efforts.