Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Goddammit every time this thread gets upped, I get a little excited thinking there’s a big update that’s hopefully steering toward a conclusion to these strikes but nope. **sighs** :beli:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I say all this to say it would not surprise me if, the longer these strikes go on, the more these studios intentionally sabotage shows and movies to get out of paying their writers and actors. They already have a built in excuse of so many blockbusters this year underperforming, if not outright bombing.
Oh they will definitely use strikes as an excuse for all the bad deals they made. This allows them to wash their hands of all the shytty projects they signed off on. And it will probably be used as an excuse for the failure of streaming services and their eventual consolidation. While UPS had pressure on them to make a deal with the union because they had contracts obligations with other companies, Hollywood execs can prolong this until the state government gets involved because of the affect on the economy (and that's going to take a long time).

This will be like all the actors/directors/producers using September 11 as an excuse for why their show got cancelled :russ:

I remember hearing way too many interviews with actors and comedians that went like this "So my show got picked up, we had an amazing crew, great ideas and then the towers went down and we got cancelled. People were not in the mood for laughter at that time
juelz.png
"

TDT

All Star
Daps
Goddammit every time this thread gets upped, I get a little excited thinking there’s a big update that’s hopefully steering toward a conclusion to these strikes but nope. **sighs** :beli:

:jbhmm: I dont think there going to be one intil 2024

This will be resolved by end of October at the latest.
Supposedly there's going to be a meeting this Friday..i bet if the subject of AI is even mentioned the actors and writers will be like:camby::martin::dahell:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens