Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This dude mr beast is not an actor nor is he signed under any contract i believe...:beli: so he's not bound under the same rules as everyone else.

I was NOT referring to mr beast.

hell, the cast of the barbie movie have been promoting and doing red carpets and that movie dropped when they are ALL supposed to be striking, thus NOT allowed to do promo.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I was NOT referring to mr beast.

hell, the cast of the barbie movie have been promoting and doing red carpets and that movie dropped when they are ALL supposed to be striking, thus NOT allowed to do promo.
The Barbie premiere was before the Actors strike. Oppenheimer premiere was the beginning of the strike. The Barbie promo afterwards is mostly the director Greta and obviously directors aren't on strike. Although she did cowrite but i guess she's exempt in some way.

Another thing to add is, they've obviously filmed content for different companies that is being gradually put out throughout the summer. Thats not really going to infringe on their union.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The Barbie premiere was before the Actors strike. Oppenheimer premiere was the beginning of the strike. The Barbie promo afterwards is mostly the director Greta and obviously directors aren't on strike. Although she did cowrite but i guess she's exempt in some way.

Another thing to add is, they've obviously filmed content for different companies that is being gradually put out throughout the summer. Thats not really going to infringe on their union.
Nolan also promoted Oppenheimer as the strike started, and he’s a writer too. I wonder what kind of loophole they have. I bet it was a bytch for all of the casts to cram all of that promotion together right before the strike began.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Nolan also promoted Oppenheimer as the strike started, and he’s a writer too. I wonder what kind of loophole they have. I bet it was a bytch for all of the casts to cram all of that promotion together right before the strike began.
A lot of these actors/directors that actually make good money are not gonna give a fukk.