Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The evolution of generative AI is going to be crazy, fascinating and terrifying all at once. This is the worst this tech will ever be. If you've seen how fast MidJourney evolved... And that hasn't even been out for a year and half. Definitely less than 2 years. Then you can imagine the way video will also be impacted will be mind-blowing

In the future, there will be movies and shows that are user generated. Netflix will develope a tool that enables subscribers to do this by entering prompts into the app, and it'll spit out entire projects within minutes.

Then they're be a social media component to this, because if you make something fire, of course you're going to want to share it. I can see it now within their UI. A section for user generated content. The people will fix the last few seasons of Game of Thrones...

:blessed:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Some people gotta be eatin crow right about now thinking this wasn’t gonna be a big deal. That fall tv schedule line up looking desolate

There's a lot of fat asses in this country. Maybe everyone will use the weak Fall to get to the gym. Actually, this is gonna be huge for tik tok and YouTube. Sports ratings are going to be through the roof too.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Film and tv in general might fall off
Yeah, these studios are missing a key component with this A.I. shyt: how we, the viewing public, connect to the movies and shows we watch and how we connect to the actors in them.

They're about to usher in the "fake tv/movie" era. I don't think it will last long.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
The evolution of generative AI is going to be crazy, fascinating and terrifying all at once. This is the worst this tech is. If you've seen how fast MidJourney evolved... And that hasn't even been out for a year and half. Definitely less than 2 years. Then you can imagine the way video will also be impacted will be mind-blowing

In the future, there will be movies and shows that are user generated. Netflix will develope a tool that enables subscribers to do this by entering prompts into the app, and it'll spit out entire projects within minutes.

Then they're be a social media component to this, because if you make something fire, of course you're going to want to share it. I can see it now within their UI. A section for user generated content. The people will fix the last few seasons of Game of Thrones...

The lawsuits are going to be :wow:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Some people gotta be eatin crow right about now thinking this wasn’t gonna be a big deal. That fall tv schedule line up looking desolate
was just talking shop to some coworkers i have based out of LA, word is this shyt might end up lasting for the rest of the year and beyond

i don't wanna say which one specifically, but a homie who JUST finished a major comic movie is working at a damn ice cream shop right now :wow:he wasn't living paycheck to paycheck at all, it's just this shyt is looking like it won't be resolved anytime soon

like i was saying earlier, the tension is gonna be ridiculous, production might just say fukk writers entirely and just go ahead with A.I. scripts, the actors will fold and lower whatever they're initial negotiations were in order to get back on set. All that solidarity shyt for writers goes out the fukking window when you gotta take a bullshyt retail job, especially knowing the writers wouldn't do the same for you if the roles were reversed

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
was just talking shop to some coworkers i have based out of LA, word is this shyt might end up lasting for the rest of the year and beyond

i don't wanna say which one specifically, but a homie who JUST finished a major comic movie is working at a damn ice cream shop right now :wow:he wasn't living paycheck to paycheck at all, it's just this shyt is looking like it won't be resolved anytime soon

like i was saying earlier, the tension is gonna be ridiculous, production might just say fukk writers entirely and just go ahead with A.I. scripts, the actors will fold and lower whatever they're initial negotiations were in order to get back on set. All that solidarity shyt for writers goes out the fukking window when you gotta take a bullshyt retail job, especially knowing the writers wouldn't do the same for you if the roles were reversed
He's smart, I would work some bullshyt part time or 2 if I was striking, make a little bread and try to have fun with it.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
He's smart, I would work some bullshyt part time or 2 if I was striking, make a little bread and try to have fun with it.
yea but no, we come from a field where the problem solving skills are in the top percentile, going to a retail place, he feels like he's in quicksand tryna organize basic shyt with the staff there, hard to ask someone to turn their brain off when they've been using it at 110% for the last 10 years :francis: imagine a retail spot tryna tell you you don't meet the qualifications when you've been running 50 million dollar projects for years :russ: i can already see him now powerbombing someone through a table

im tellin yall it's gonna build up a ton of resentment for people because they're not gonna be getting any slice of that pie the writers/actors are fighting for, if everyone doesn't get a pay bump you gonna see a ton of actors and writers geting cussed out on set cuz no ones gonna wanna deal with anything but pure professionalism outta them from here on out :hubie:

his particular film job nets him around like 4k+ a week, so he'll be aight, but you can count on one hand the positions that make that per set,

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

How long into 2024 did they think it would last? Can't see it lasting until next summer.

• Dap
Reactions: TDT

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
might have to apply for one of these AI director jobs..... disney getting desperate, they'll prob take anyone :manny:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
How long into 2024 did they think it would last? Can't see it lasting until next summer.
It could tbh just because it's as simple as switching the dates by a year :manny: environments of locations matter a lot, pain in the ass tryna film stuff out of season. A show I worked on just extended their lease on camera equipment and stuff tho so maybe everyone's still being hopeful for this year

No way in hell they aren't replaced by a.i. if they tryna hold shyt longer than that tho imo :hubie: if streaming services aren't budging that means they just getting they shyt organized to move on without you

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The lawsuits are going to be :wow:
Think about it tho... If the studios own the IP and they can do whatever they want with their content. They could in theory, train an LLM on their productions, their scripts, their characters, their images, their audio and sfx. You see where I'm going?

The streamers have so much IP that the amount of user generated content from it would create an endless stream of shyt. Curation would actually need to be prioritized in order to sift and filter quality stuff.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Normally I'd assume there's no way the general public would buy into films & tv generated and "performed" by AI but when you look at a lot of the most popular entertainment of the last 10 years Marvel, DC, video game animations, Star Wars etc, most of this shyt might as well be made by AI.

There is a cultural rot that has set in and as the saying goes "nobody ever lost money underestimating the taste of the American public", so I wanna say human beings would not accept art being made by non-humans but I just don't have faith in people anymore. The canary in the coalmine was when we started calling movies and tv "content".

The ideal scenario is that these strikes cause the industry to completely collapse and something better can be created from its ruins. All these corporations have got to go. They're sucking life from these art forms.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
The evolution of generative AI is going to be crazy, fascinating and terrifying all at once. This is the worst this tech is. If you've seen how fast MidJourney evolved... And that hasn't even been out for a year and half. Definitely less than 2 years. Then you can imagine the way video will also be impacted will be mind-blowing

This is dope :troll: not for creators but as a concept lol