Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
The MCU can't get much worse
Man if people read the script of their favorite movie they'd :mjlol:

I always tell people, you can have a shytty script and the movie still sells because everything else the crew did is top tier, it's gonna make it to theaters and may even win awards for cinematography.

Have a good script and the production quality is slacking :francis: nikka you going straight in the bargain bin in Walmart or on Tubi

The standards have never been the same, writers have been making bank being mid for ages and never called out for it. shyt you go to the animation world and they barely even have to write depending on where they at :yeshrug: Disney/Pixar/etc. have strict guidelines to keep their shyt on brand, shyt is like bowling with the rails on

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Streaming services as well fukked everything up.

There’s another sub-issue with the internationalization of streaming, which is that many of the series shown in the U.S. are written and created outside of the U.S. Hits like Squid Game (South Korea), Fauda (Israel) and The Crown (UK) are all non-US productions and the amount of overseas programming on streaming services in the U.S. is expanding rapidly. In addition to reducing the number of jobs for American writers, they’re also being written in countries where six to 10 episode seasons have always been the norm and writers have no other expectations.

This really pulls back the curtain on how most, if not all actors are struggling like everyone else. Hopefully we stop putting them on pedestals.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went down a bit of a rabbit hole yesterday about Disney intentionally sabotaging the release of Treasure Planet because the animators wanted to unionize and Disney needed an excuse to cut their 2D animation division.

That led me down a rabbit hole about how Disney intentionally sabotaged Strange World so they could have an excuse not to make movies with LGBTQ leads.

And I don't doubt that Disney is intentionally sabotaging Haunted Mansion by putting it out in fukking July during Barbenheimer, probably so they don't have to make any non-MCU or non-Star Wars properties featuring black leads.

I say all this to say it would not surprise me if, the longer these strikes go on, the more these studios intentionally sabotage shows and movies to get out of paying their writers and actors. They already have a built in excuse of so many blockbusters this year underperforming, if not outright bombing.

I expect studios to start throwing movies out there on crowded release dates with little to no promotion (with the excuse that the strikes make it too hard to promote them properly), then when the movies bomb, the studios use them as a tax write off, don't release them on blu-ray or streaming, and claim they're too broke to pay the creators while they pocket all the tax money.

TDT

All Star
Daps
And now there's a whole bunch of Twitter threads showcasing the possibilities of AI..showing fake movie and tv show trailers and everything :deadrose: