Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Listen this shyt could go on a while. Writers are getting completely fukked as always and now a good majority of the actors are also getting fukked.

Now someone said "producers will have to come to the table"

But do they? Producers are rich as fukk. I don't think a lot of people understand just how rich the studio heads and producers are. They can wait this out. They can show bullshyt reality TV and bullshyt variety shows and live off that and sports content for a while.

And movies? Well, if people still went to the theaters it would be a problem but everything is flopping this Summer. Everything. I don't think they'll mind on shelving some $200M projects. They can probably get some of that shyt written off.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps

That’s why Scarlett Johansson sued Marvel for putting Black Widow on Disney + around the same time it was released in theaters. Most of her money was based on box office. There was no dvd backend. Especially if it’s on Disney +. And the money you get from streaming is minuscule

Subbed

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is the streaming business model and cheap ass consumers. Disney is charging $10.00 for their content. So their profitability is predicated upon subscriptions. They have 157 million subscribers, but if they had 400 million, they could afford to pay everyone. Netflix has the most, Amazon is second, but they have to pay a fee for most of their catalog. I think eventually, studios are going to start creating their own streaming service (it’s really already started).

Or they could simply add commercials. But at the end of the day, the explosion of streaming has given consumers too many options. There is but so much time in a day, week, year. In the past you had network TV and cable tv. That’s it. Now the number of options have grown 10 fold. Basically, studios could also stop putting out so much content.
This is not the fault of the consumer. If you offer nikkas an infinite buffet for $7 of course they're gonna take it

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Dude mad cause nobody wanna watch horrible ass stories like She-Hulk or sit around as a family to watch Agatha :mjlol:
I’m not mad. People complaining about the quality of content, but studios are willing to make it because of the financial risk involved.

Disney can afford to make she hulk and take L. They have 150+ million subscribers.

They also took an L with Willow as well and took it off the platform.

The quality of movies across the board has gone down and some genres are non existent altogether.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Well either way it's been over a decade of shyt :mjlol:. As much as the highbrow try to shyt on the genre, but it's the superhero films that have kept Hollywood going for the last decade. Look at all the flops featuring all star casting such as Babylon & Amsterdam(Margot needs Barbie to hit btw), people clearly want new stories with good casting.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Dude mad cause nobody wanna watch horrible ass stories like She-Hulk or sit around as a family to watch Agatha :mjlol:
I'm going to keep it real here, for me personally the best time going to the movies was the mid 90s-00s when black movies were all over the place and the action films felt big time.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm going to keep it real here, for me personally the best time going to the movies was the mid 90s-00s when black movies were all over the place and the action films felt big time.
:jbhmm: i thought the 00s were when black movies stop being place in movie theaters:patrice:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well either way it's been over a decade of shyt :mjlol:. As much as the highbrow try to shyt on the genre, but it's the superhero films that have kept Hollywood going for the last decade. Look at all the flops featuring all star casting such as Babylon & Amsterdam(Margot needs Barbie to hit btw), people clearly want new stories with good casting.
This

Hollywood was near collapse in the early 2010s before the MCU got going and kept shyt afloat

It was only delaying the inevitable

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
REALEST take in here
he overlooked the fact that directors can/will change a script on the fly or they just do a shytty job at directing. it takes some studio exec's approval to get your shyt on a network, or in theaters, with a proper budget. If the folks who run shyt don't like your script it'll never see the light of day, or worse it will be dumbed down. you can go pitch somewhere else, but they might not have the budget or you might not have the name. Studios want proven moneymakers (hence 11 sequels to F&F, or low budget M. night shamalyanahan films with shytty twists that do big numbrrs) and they're afraid to take risks.

there are so many variables when it comes down to it.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem is the streaming business model and cheap ass consumers. Disney is charging $10.00 for their content. So their profitability is predicated upon subscriptions. They have 157 million subscribers, but if they had 400 million, they could afford to pay everyone. Netflix has the most, Amazon is second, but they have to pay a fee for most of their catalog. I think eventually, studios are going to start creating their own streaming service (it’s really already started).

Or they could simply add commercials. But at the end of the day, the explosion of streaming has given consumers too many options. There is but so much time in a day, week, year. In the past you had network TV and cable tv. That’s it. Now the number of options have grown 10 fold. Basically, studios could also stop putting out so much content.

This right here. It’s an insane business model and in the end, it hurts the artists just like music. The streaming services are going to get theirs regardless. It’s insane that I have instant access to all this content for less than $30 a month across several streaming services. To be honest, all this content is a bit overwhelming as a consumer.