Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Wait. Is your point that physical discs don’t exist, or that the sales are greatly reduced? And are you talking about studio backend revenue, or the actors’?

The ScarJo shyt had nothing to do with backend disc revenue and everything to do with simultaneous streaming eating into the box office
Both. In the past studios and actors made money off of dvd sales. Streaming wiped that out. You can still get DVD’s, but sales are non existent. As far has Johansson is concerned, the way her contract was written, her money was tied to the box office. Marvel could’ve waited, but the movie had already been pushed back multiple times. Under the old model, she would’ve gotten a bump from dvd sales, but those days were/are over. So it literally affects how studios and actors view box office numbers. And it’s gotten to the point where the first two weeks are the most critical. Because it will let them know how fast they are projected to brake even so everyone can start getting paid.

Another factor is real estate in terms of what theaters pay for rent or leases. The equipment used to shoot movies in 4k. Everything costs more. People complain about poor CGI, not realizing the amount of money it costs in terms of man hours just to make it. Avatar comes out great. But when you take years to create it, that’s what you get. Other movies with heavy cgi have shorter turn around times.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
The whole damn thing needs to be reset. Everyone has something they need to have changed in order to satisfy the wants of someone else but they are negotiating on different time tables.

They have to do something about the streaming services not releasing the viewership numbers. How can you get paid residuals on something when the entity that needs to pay won’t tell you how much your product is being watched. And on the other side how can you pay residuals if you are still pricing the service well below cost in order to pump up market share. Then how do you raise prices to actual value when the competition is free?
This is just like Joe Buddens take on the value of a stream. The music artists don't really know how much their stream is worth and big corps can manipulate the numbers to make it look like yah shyt poppin, or yah shyt flopping. Video streaming is a 1 for 1 comparison.

Folks hate this nicca, but he's not dumb

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
my problem is, these nikkas know good and cotdamn well scripts have been trash for ages and they really just tuning in for the spectacle of action and the actors, even when a plot has an interesting twist, the dialouge is usually still cringe af 9 times outta 10

but the writers going on strike and suddenly everyone acting like they be giving us piff for decades :shaq2: we can admit they should be getting a reasonable percentage of streaming money and also be honest about
REALEST take in here

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Honestly kind of disappointed in Igor with this one. This situation literally happened during the early MCU years :hhh:
Unless he was going to give up part if his salary, nothing he can do, he probably figure they will be without content for half a year and then let's see them complain about Marvel fatigue then

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
With the Actors Striking, and Writers Striking... I bet this is emboldening UPS Workers to do their thing later when they go on Strike.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore

Man why did the beat drop right as my man was talking about “finding out where the fukk he lives” :mjlol:
With the Actors Striking, and Writers Striking... I bet this is emboldening UPS Workers to do their thing later when they go on Strike.

Literally just saw a story about the proposed UPS strike on the news. They trying to get them non-union workers ready just in case

Workers at the biggest Starbucks in the world (on North Michigan Ave here in Chicago) trying to get on that unionized shyt now as well

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
my problem is, these nikkas know good and cotdamn well scripts have been trash for ages and they really just tuning in for the spectacle of action and the actors, even when a plot has an interesting twist, the dialouge is usually still cringe af 9 times outta 10

but the writers going on strike and suddenly everyone acting like they be giving us piff for decades :shaq2: we can admit they should be getting a reasonable percentage of streaming money and also be honest about
All of this. We've been complaining about Hollywood recycling the same shyt over and over, so how much work are these writers actually doing? Have we ever been in an era of so many big budget flop films before?:skip:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Man why did the beat drop right as my man was talking about “finding out where the fukk he lives” :mjlol:

Literally just saw a story about the proposed UPS strike on the news. They trying to get them non-union workers ready just in case

Workers at the biggest Starbucks in the world (on North Michigan Ave here in Chicago) trying to get on that unionized shyt now as well

So we gonna have the writers strike, Actors strike and the UPS strike all at the same time...:mjgrin: great so when i go back to amazon just more work for me...:dead: