Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

WakandanPride

Realest Negus Alive
Daps
Reppin
ATL
So breh, I don't know nothing about this stuff. What do they expect yall to do in the meantime? Get another job?

What do they expect you to do once they open back up for business? Leave your new job and come back? :dahell:
Gonna have to get a new job or do some Doordash or something to hold me over. Got some savings, but I'm not trying to touch em.

And yeah, once the strike is over, I'm gonna come back and finish my project.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Sheeeeit. I better not see no “lol this movie had no promo and bombed” from anybody posting in Film Room. The stars can’t even promote it.

So with TIFF and film festival season right around the corner, will it just be international movies being showcased since no North American made productions are on strike?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
harry-potter-net-profits.jpg

It's straight up fraud. Looking at that, it becomes clear that studios aren't making a mistake when they pull successful films from the theater and throw them into streaming hell. Creed III prob could have made 10-20mil more if it wasn't pulled. Same with Asteroid City, which got pulled the minute it grossed it's budget total. They're being pulled so studios can profit off the backend by doling out streaming rights. And then when it's time to pay people they say "oh well the film barely made any money" or lost money. Creed III had a 75mil budget, grossed 275mil. Even if you double the budget to account for promo, which takes it to a 150mil total budget, it still grossed over 100mil more than the budget/promo. BTW how obvious is it that certain people didn't want that film to hit 300mil, which it almost certainly would have if given a bit more time...

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Sheeeeit. I better not see no “lol this movie had no promo and bombed” from anybody posting in Film Room. The stars can’t even promote it.

So with TIFF and film festival season right around the corner, will it just be international movies being showcased since no North American made productions are on strike?
Sounds like a grand opportunity for those unsung, independent films to stand out more during their showcases.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

They already doing this with Oppenheimer :lolbron: