Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
so when are these streaming services gonna give us a discount for the content they are about to NOT be producing in the coming months? we supposed to pay full price for a work stoppage?
Nope :ufdup: they gonna tell you that you ain't watched everything in the library.
Mr beast in “1 million dollar challenge” this fall on fox

The AMP hour starring Kai Cenat

Your world today w/Hasan

Gonna see some wild stuff.
TJ Lavin never gonna get to go home. MTV /Paramount gonna have him shooting The Challenge nonstop.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Pixar is dying because people are waiting for those movies to drop on D+. Everyone is admitting this now.

What breakout movies are there that aren’t big money blockbusters?

One thing I know about business is people will make what makes them money. People are not going to see comedies anymore, hence big studios don’t want to make them. They are firmly in the lane of streaming services now.
Good Boys was the last of a dying breed. Now that movie goes straight to Peacock.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Word is the studios are gonna bleed the unions until Oct. since they estimate many crew members and even actors don't have enough funds to survive months without pay.

And many are unable to apply for unemployment as they are indie contractors...

Game of chicken...

I don't think the studios should try... movies barely recovering from covid. I don't think the industry can afford for this to go on that long

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Game of chicken...

I don't think the studios should try... movies barely recovering from covid. I don't think the industry can afford for this to go on that long
Just don't see how studio will give in ... They have sooo much passive income that they could go on for the long haul.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
SAG-AFTRA actors cannot do Social Media and/or Podcasts or other forms of Media while on strike.
They can do podcasts and other forms of media while on strike............
If it's promoting a film or show........then you can't do it. But if you have your own pod, you can do it. If you a guest on a pod and not promoing a show, you can do it.
F09YQPXWYAEiOOP
F09YQP8WYAEUBG5

F09YQO-WcAE9qS6

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
They can do podcasts and other forms of media while on strike............
If it's promoting a film or show........then you can't do it. But if you have your own pod, you can do it. If you a guest on a pod and not promoing a show, you can do it.
F09YQPXWYAEiOOP
F09YQP8WYAEUBG5

F09YQO-WcAE9qS6

:salute:Got it, thanks!