Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I talk about it all the time here, ive been in the movie industry in NYC since 2008. This shyt right here is affecting so many ppl on so many levels we are all out of work, hundreds of thousands of people in the tri state area. Not just every deparment in a shooting crew but Everyone from studio/sound stage janitors/cleaning crews, local delis who catered for giant crews on a daily basis, security teams, shyt im sure even the car/sprinter rental places that every crew used. I heard of a dude who was leasing more than 10+ soundstages that are now empty and hes stuck with outrageous rent until this is over. So many people are trying to figure out what to do

Thankfully for me, I had just financed the new 23 honda pilot elite a few months ago and im now doing uber XL/comfort in it :snoop: Im putting a shytload of miles in it but i gotta do what i gotta do to make this paper. I came home with $1600 last week driving all over jersey so its not too bad. My only work experience the past 15 years is in film/tv so i dont have much of a choice, i just hate having to drive 7-10 hours a day and putting so many damn miles on my shyt but its the only car i have right now

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I talk about it all the time here, ive been in the movie industry in NYC since 2008. This shyt right here is affecting so many ppl on so many levels we are all out of work, hundreds of thousands of people in the tri state area. Not just every deparment in a shooting crew but Everyone from studio/sound stage janitors/cleaning crews, local delis who catered for giant crews on a daily basis, security teams, shyt im sure even the car/sprinter rental places that every crew used. I heard of a dude who was leasing more than 10+ soundstages that are now empty and hes stuck with outrageous rent until this is over. So many people are trying to figure out what to do

Thankfully for me, I had just financed the new 23 honda pilot elite a few months ago and im now doing uber XL/comfort in it :snoop: Im putting a shytload of miles in it but i gotta do what i gotta do to make this paper. I came home with $1600 last week driving all over jersey so its not too bad. My only work experience the past 15 years is in film/tv so i dont have much of a choice, i just hate having to drive 7-10 hours a day and putting so many damn miles on my shyt but its the only car i have right now

Word is the studios are gonna bleed the unions until Oct. since they estimate many crew members and even actors don't have enough funds to survive months without pay.

And many are unable to apply for unemployment as they are indie contractors...

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
havent been paying attention, wtf do they want?

I rly hope this hurts everybody and they can destroy and rebuild.

90% of movies are trash and dont have one original idea.
Same old woke repetitive bullshyt .
Sequels, prequels, reboots, spin offs. The audience needs to go on strike not these fukkers.
I haven't paid to see a movie in years.
:mjpls:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Whatever... im just tired of gay shyt being in every show i watch.

Most actors are straight, most of them dont want to do sex scenes with other men. They cant say no, especially if they are up and coming actors and need these parts

How old are you? The dip in quality of movies from today compared to the 90s and the 00s is just mind numbing.
They just keep recycling the same shyt

:mjpls:
There are many movies and shows were that is not the case

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Most actors are straight, most of them dont want to do sex scenes with other men. They cant say no, especially if they are up and coming actors and need these parts

How old are you? The dip in quality of movies from today compared to the 90s and the 00s is just mind numbing.
You say gay but when people say "woke" they mean black people

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Word is the studios are gonna bleed the unions until Oct. since they estimate many crew members and even actors don't have enough funds to survive months without pay.

And many are unable to apply for unemployment as they are indie contractors...

Yep, i was hearing october before it was reported. Word was spreading from l.a to ny shyt is wicked

Most of us in the industry that work on tv/film can collect umployment. All we have to put is "lack of work" when we file and the production always backs us up. Thats how we survive in between jobs if we have a bit of downtime before jumping to another project. But 2k a month is not enough in the tri state area. But yea if youre a 1-2 day gig freelancer you wont be able to collect

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

You can thank streaming for that. Streaming has essentially killed the theaters outside of blockbusters and horror. Comedies are dead, dramas are dead, minority specific movies are dead, etc....... People arent willing to pay 15-25 dollars a ticket to see a non-blockbuster movie when they are already paying that money for a streaming service that will carry that content in a few months.

Hate to say it but im part of the problem. Im going to see Mission Impossible today in a premium format simply because i wont be able to replicate seeing that type of movie at home. I want to see Oppenheimer but i can watch that at home.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
You can thank streaming for that. Streaming has essentially killed the theaters outside of blockbusters and horror. Comedies are dead, dramas are dead, minority specific movies are dead, etc....... People arent willing to pay 15-25 dollars a ticket to see a non-blockbuster movie when they are already paying that money for a streaming service that will carry that content in a few months.

Hate to say it but im part of the problem.
Im going to see Mission Impossible today in a premium format simply because i wont be able to replicate seeing that type of movie at home. I want to see Oppenheimer but i can watch that at home.
Nah... if the movie is good ppl wont wait a few months to see it tho. Sure, streaming is part of the problem but the biggest problem has to be the terrible movies they keep making over and over and over
You,me /the audience is not the problem lol... the audience doesnt owe these ppl anything. Its their job to make great movies and to make me want to spend that money on a movie ticket.