Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think you guys are more discussing the skills needed to express that creativity. Creativity gives you a good idea for a painting or a book. Skill allows you to execute it.

Creativity starts with an idea and blossoms as you go deeper into the idea. Skill is how you execute the idea. Talent is what makes your work stand out or not.

Creativity is mostly linked with art and not everyday life. You can’t just label everyone creative because they use a piece of it. There’s levels to this shyt. You can’t call everyday people that ball at the park basketball players. :heh:

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Creativity starts with an idea and blossoms as you go deeper into the idea. Skill is how you execute the idea. Talent is what makes your work stand out or not.

Creativity is mostly linked with art and not everyday life. You can’t just label everyone creative because they use a piece of it. There’s levels to this shyt. You can’t call everyday people that ball at the park basketball players. :heh:
they are basketball players. Everyone who hoops is a basketball player. Some are just more skilled and talented at it than others.

Just like you can be creative and not be a savant in your craft. The overwhelming majority of professional artists aren't even that talented, they'll be the first to tell you that. They just worked tirelessly at their craft to build up the polished skills to stand out.

Creativity is often linked to the arts for sure, but that doesn't mean that's where it ends. Any scientific innovation required a level of creativity to be made. There's a level of creativity in marketing, social media, etc. Little kids who swear the floor is lava and sticks are swords utilize creativity and imagination.

What often stunts creativity is insisting it looks a certain way or is specific to a certain area of life.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moving goalposts? There’s only one post you can try to say I did that. I’m not the only one in here who thinks you have it or don’t. And that’s a vague comment because I already had someone in here thinking I was talking about something unrelated. And Just because someone can draw stick figures doesn’t make them creative. :heh:

The first step in creativity is being open minded. Not everyone is open minded.
I see where the issue is now. You're just making shyt up as you go:mjlol: at least you acknowledged your blanket statement being vague but you refuse to see why it was such ineffective statement to make

I've explained in detail why any and everyone is capable of creating, and exercising creativity in art, but you're not comprehending:manny:

So be it:manny:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
they are basketball players. Everyone who hoops is a basketball player. Some are just more skilled and talented at it than others.

Just like you can be creative and not be a savant in your craft. The overwhelming majority of professional artists aren't even that talented, they'll be the first to tell you that. They just worked tirelessly at their craft to build up the polished skills to stand out.

Creativity is often linked to the arts for sure, but that doesn't mean that's where it ends. Any scientific innovation required a level of creativity to be made. There's a level of creativity in marketing, social media, etc. Little kids who swear the floor is lava and sticks are swords utilize creativity and imagination.

What often stunts creativity is insisting it looks a certain way or is specific to a certain area of life.
Man, stop. I used to ball at the park and never tried to call myself a basketball player. I’m not a doctor because I go on webmd and try to diagnose my symptoms, even if I may be right. :mjlol:

Edit: and for the record I know creativity extends beyond art. We wouldn’t have electricity if it wasn’t for creativity. We wouldn’t be living in houses or working in skyscrapers if not for creativity. We wouldn’t have plumbing if it wasn’t for creativity.

I see where the issue is now. You're just making shyt up as you go:mjlol: at least you acknowledged your blanket statement being vague but you refuse to see why it was such ineffective statement to make

I've explained in detail why any and everyone is capable of creating, and exercising creativity in art, but you're not comprehending:manny:

So be it

I acknowledged everyone uses a piece of creativity as the argument went on. I never denied it. But I’m not out here saying everyone is a creative person because they use some of it. That’s what I’ve been saying.

I don’t think it can be taught. Being taught means you learn from someone else. A person learning to explore and open their creativity doesn’t mean it was taught to them.

Last edited: