Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
OIP.o5aqFugwrKziLN0zOIBH_gHaLH

:mjcry:

The last time broadcast TV was any good.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
I’m speaking on creativity from an artistic point of view. Not everyone can write a book, a script, song, paint a picture, or perform theatrically. I associate creativity with art and not everyday situations.

I'm acknowledging he entire spectrum of creativity

Everyone can do any one of those things you mentioned. I used to be like you with "some people can just draw:manny: but then I learned and trained how to draw. Once I learned that drawing is an art of seeing I realized that's mostly all creativity is

Creativity is just seeing and forming ideas and actions based on observations. Again the most creative people in history were just people that never stop asking questions and put the answers they observed to deliberate action

That's all any song, show, movie etc is
everybody is creative. Creativity is heavily influenced by your exposure to information and comfortability being yourself. If you read/watch/etc enough media and are comfortable enough to express your true thoughts, you'll make something interesting.

I think you guys are more discussing the skills needed to express that creativity. Creativity gives you a good idea for a painting or a book. Skill allows you to execute it.

In America, creativity isn't appreciated unless it has a proven track record of making money. There's why one explosive idea comes out every now and then, and then for years everyone tries to copy it. Into the Spider-Verse was extremely creative in its art style, and they had a skilled team that executed it well...and now other animation studios are copying them.

Because art for profit's sake isn't meant to be creative.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everybody is creative. Creativity is heavily influenced by your exposure to information and comfortability being yourself. If you read/watch/etc enough media and are comfortable enough to express your true thoughts, you'll make something interesting.

I think you guys are more discussing the skills needed to express that creativity. Creativity gives you a good idea for a painting or a book. Skill allows you to execute it.

In America, creativity isn't appreciated unless it has a proven track record of making money. There's why one explosive idea comes out every now and then, and then for years everyone tries to copy it. Into the Spider-Verse was extremely creative in its art style, and they had a skilled team that executed it well...and now other animation studios are copying them.

Because art for profit's sake isn't meant to be creative.
I don't disagree with any of this

Again my only point of contention is "You either have it or you don't" type thinking. That type of thinking directly kills creativity

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I don't disagree with any of this

Again my only point of contention is "You either have it or you don't" type thinking. That type of thinking directly kills creativity
No it doesn’t. One persons opinion shouldn’t stunt another person’s creativity. :heh:

Again, I’m speaking from an artist’s POV. Not everyone can create art. If everyone was creative the world would be overrun with artists; society would be way more advanced. My whole argument revolves around creating art and not everyday situations. :shaq2:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it doesn’t. One persons opinion shouldn’t stunt another person’s creativity. :heh:

Again, I’m speaking from an artist’s POV. Not everyone can create art. If everyone was creative the world would be overrun with artists. My whole argument revolves around creating art and not everyday situations. :shaq2:
I'm also speaking from an artists POV, which isn't as relevant as you're making it out to be

Everyone can create art, but you keep conflating capability with desire and motivation because it lets you move the goalposts and make the inconsistent points you've been making:manny:

i write because I enjoy it. I learned to draw because I enjoy the results, but not so much that I'd want to be an animator or illustrator. On the far end of that I'm absolutely sure I could learn how to paint with applied creativity, but I will NEVER learn how to paint because I have no desire to

There are a myriad of reasons why some people pursue creative arts, and that myriad of reasons can't just be reduced to "you either have it or you don't". Creativity is not not a magic lottery ticket. Kanye West ain't Kanye West just because, he's the result of a lifetime of curation and deliberate practice

Again people thought perfect pitch was magic at one point then the Chinese broke that shyt down to the point where they produced it regularly. That's all creativity is and it can be taught in any way you think it can't

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm also speaking from an artists POV, which isn't as relevant as you're making it out to be

Everyone can create art, but you keep conflating capability with desire and motivation because it lets you move the goalposts and make the inconsistent points you've been making:manny:

i write because I enjoy it. I learned to draw because I enjoy the results, but not so much that I'd want to be an animator or illustrator. On the far end of that I'm absolutely sure I could learn how to paint with applied creativity, but I will NEVER learn how to paint because I have no desire to

There are a myriad of reasons why some people pursue creative arts, and that myriad of reasons can't just be reduced to "you either have it or you don't". Creativity is not not a magic lottery ticket. Kanye West ain't Kanye West just because, he's the result of a lifetime of curation and deliberate practice

Again people thought perfect pitch was magic at one point then the Chinese broke that shyt down to the point where they produced it regularly. That's all creativity is and it can be taught in any way you think it can't
Moving goalposts? There’s only one post you can try to say I did that. I’m not the only one in here who thinks you have it or don’t. And that’s a vague comment because I already had someone in here thinking I was talking about something unrelated. And Just because someone can draw stick figures doesn’t make them creative. :heh:

The first step in creativity is being open minded. Not everyone is open minded.