Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This not true. "You either have it or you don't" thinking is the cause of so much stifled growth and potential. Every personal is capable of creativity. Deifying it like it's not a basic function of human beings is doing a disservice to whoever you've been telling that shyt to

Creativity is simply the manifestation of disparate elements of life experiences and perspectives into a curated form, be it a poem, book, movie, an easier way to do your job etc. Anybody you're considering creative didn't just wake up with that shyt, it was likely something "cultivated" from a very young age

The elements you named as creative factors can absolutely be taught and trained. "Smarts" and wit can be trained. Asian countries prove this all the time by deconstructing and refining things that were once thought to be "born with", like perfect pitch.

Imagination can absolutely be taught and trained. Reading fiction is literally imagination training. You're forcing your brain to constantly create images on the fly . People who consistently read fiction tend to have extremely vivid imaginations

We wouldn't have shyt like gravity if everyone was stuck on "you either have it or you don't". Often times the creative people are just the ones that kept asking questions while everyone else was stuck on "things fall to the ground because they just do:manny:"

Everyone of us is inherently creative. Some use theirs in trace amounts and others maximize the fukk out of it

Visualizing something in your mind, when things are given to you, doesn’t mean you’re imaginative. A pink elephant in a suit. Everyone can already see it in their mind. That doesn’t make them creative or imaginative. Tell someone to create something from scratch and see how their imagination works.

Sure, maybe everyone has a little creativity in them, but you can’t just label them as creative people. You’re not born with creativity. It’s built in from a young age, takes time to develop, and depends on how open the person is.

cre·a·tive
/krēˈādiv/

adjective
  1. relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas, especially in the production of an artistic work.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Visualizing something in your mind, when things are given to you, doesn’t mean you’re imaginative. A pink elephant in a suit. Everyone can already see it in their mind. That doesn’t make them creative or imaginative. Tell someone to create something from scratch and see how their imagination works.

Sure, maybe everyone has a little creativity in them, but you can’t just label them as creative people. You’re not born with creativity. It’s built in from a young age, takes time to develop, and depends on how open the person is.
I didn't say reading fiction makes you imaginative, i said it trains the imagination. Visualizing images that are given to you in narrative form, like books, strengthens your ability to create your own images. Again this is why people who read a decent amount of fiction tend to have exceptional imaginations

Your second paragraph is the only point I was making in my last post. Humans are born with creative capacity, it's what we do with it that determines the levels of creativity we encounter daily. My issue was with the "you either have it or you don't" rhetoric. That type of thinking is literal poison to creativity

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
This not true. "You either have it or you don't" thinking is the cause of so much stifled growth and potential. Every personal is capable of creativity. Deifying it like it's not a basic function of human beings is doing a disservice to whoever you've been telling that shyt to

Creativity is simply the manifestation of disparate elements of life experiences and perspectives into a curated form, be it a poem, book, movie, an easier way to do your job etc. Anybody you're considering creative didn't just wake up with that shyt, it was likely something "cultivated" from a very young age

The elements you named as creative factors can absolutely be taught and trained. "Smarts" and wit can be trained. Asian countries prove this all the time by deconstructing and refining things that were once thought to be "born with", like perfect pitch.

Imagination can absolutely be taught and trained. Reading fiction is literally imagination training. You're forcing your brain to constantly create images on the fly . People who consistently read fiction tend to have extremely vivid imaginations

We wouldn't have shyt like gravity if everyone was stuck on "you either have it or you don't". Often times the creative people are just the ones that kept asking questions while everyone else was stuck on "things fall to the ground because they just do:manny:"

Everyone of us is inherently creative. Some use theirs in trace amounts and others maximize the fukk out of it

i'd rep you if i could. :salute:

his line of thinking also leads to people not acknowledging the hard work that goes into being creative/creating things.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I didn't say reading fiction makes you imaginative, i said it trains the imagination. Visualizing images that are given to you in narrative form, like books, strengthens your ability to create your own images. Again this is why people who read a decent amount of fiction tend to have exceptional imaginations

Your second paragraph is the only point I was making in my last post. Humans are born with creative capacity, it's what we do with it that determines the levels of creativity we encounter daily. My issue was with the "you either have it or you don't" rhetoric. That type of thinking is literal poison to creativity

I’m speaking on creativity from an artistic point of view. Not everyone can write a book, a script, song, paint a picture, or perform theatrically. I associate creativity with art and not everyday situations.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m speaking on creativity from an artistic point of view. Not everyone can write a book, a script, song, paint a picture, or perform theatrically. I associate creativity with art and not everyday situations.
I'm acknowledging he entire spectrum of creativity

Everyone can do any one of those things you mentioned. I used to be like you with "some people can just draw:manny: but then I learned and trained how to draw. Once I learned that drawing is an art of seeing I realized that's mostly all creativity is

Creativity is just seeing and forming ideas and actions based on observations. Again the most creative people in history were just people that never stop asking questions and put the answers they observed to deliberate action

That's all any song, show, movie etc is

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm acknowledging he entire spectrum of creativity

Everyone can do any one of those things you mentioned. I used to be like you with "some people can just draw:manny: but then I learned and trained how to draw. Once I learned that drawing is an art of seeing I realized that's mostly all creativity is

Creativity is just seeing and forming ideas and actions based on observations. Again the most creative people in history were just people that never stop asking questions and put the answers they observed to deliberate action

That's all any song, show, movie etc is
It's like saying everyone is capable of killing someone. Doesn't mean everyone is gonna go kill someone.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's like saying everyone is capable of killing someone. Doesn't mean everyone is gonna go kill someone.
You're moving the goalposts . Again my entire point of contention was the "you either have it or you don't" rhetoric. Now you're making it about "just because someone can don't mean they will". That has nothing to do with anything:pachaha:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You're moving the goalposts . Again my entire point of contention was the "you either have it or you don't" rhetoric. Now you're making it about "just because someone can don't mean they will". That has nothing to do with anything:pachaha:

I still stand by what I said. Just because everyone has a little creativity in them doesn't mean you can label them as creative people. And again, it's from an artists POV that I say this. You try to write a 90-120 page script right now and tell me how it goes. shyt, write a song with 3 verses and tell me how you do. Creativity is mostly associated with art, not everyday living.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I still stand by what I said. Just because everyone has a little creativity in them doesn't mean you can label them as creative people. And again, it's from an artists POV that I say this. You try to write a 90-120 page script right now and tell me how it goes. shyt, write a song with 3 verses and tell me how you do. Creativity is mostly associated with art, not everyday living.
i work with artist, non of us "just got it" all of us worked hard AF and spent long days and nights honing the skills. the person that can just crank out a 90-120page script now, prolly took 10-15 years of dedicated study to get to the point where they can just do that.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
i work with artist, non of us "just got it" all of us worked hard AF and spent long days and nights honing the skills. the person that can just crank out a 90-120page script now, prolly took 10-15 years of dedicated study to get to the point where they can just do that.
I never said you’re born with it. You’re misinterpreting what I said.