Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Daps
They haven't even started filming yet. :francis: Mid February Ralph Macchio said the writing room was active and then production would start within this month, it could be they got the script done but it's looking like a casualty, breh.

Somebody tell me why wouldn't shows just pause production until the writers come back. Heroes would have been a top 10 show if they didn't hire Breh Writers Guild to write after s1. :snoop:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Unbelievable. These writers better have the grit for a long strike until the new year. The longer it goes the better chance they have to get what they want. They better swallow their pride and take work at McDs if they have to.
Some of them already do...and make more there. Those type of jobs allow flexibility they need.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Some of them already do...and make more there. Those type of jobs allow flexibility they need.
Got damn. I hope when I finally get my time in (praying that I do) that my talent is enough for me to not have to go back to working shytty jobs. I’m fukkin tired of this shyt, son. :francis:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You either have it or you don't, man. It's not like learning how to operate a machine or driving a car. You need an imagination, smarts, and wittiness to be creative.
This not true. "You either have it or you don't" thinking is the cause of so much stifled growth and potential. Every personal is capable of creativity. Deifying it like it's not a basic function of human beings is doing a disservice to whoever you've been telling that shyt to

Creativity is simply the manifestation of disparate elements of life experiences and perspectives into a curated form, be it a poem, book, movie, an easier way to do your job etc. Anybody you're considering creative didn't just wake up with that shyt, it was likely something "cultivated" from a very young age

The elements you named as creative factors can absolutely be taught and trained. "Smarts" and wit can be trained. Asian countries prove this all the time by deconstructing and refining things that were once thought to be "born with", like perfect pitch.

Imagination can absolutely be taught and trained. Reading fiction is literally imagination training. You're forcing your brain to constantly create images on the fly . People who consistently read fiction tend to have extremely vivid imaginations

We wouldn't have shyt like gravity if everyone was stuck on "you either have it or you don't". Often times the creative people are just the ones that kept asking questions while everyone else was stuck on "things fall to the ground because they just do:manny:"

Everyone of us is inherently creative. Some use theirs in trace amounts and others maximize the fukk out of it