Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
dawg, I just asked it to write me a new episode of house of the dragon, and this is what it gave me:

Sure, here's a new episode of House of the Dragon:
Title: "The Princess and the Rogue"
Synopsis: With tensions rising between the Targaryens and the rogue lords of the Blackfyre rebellion, Princess Rhaenyra must navigate the dangerous political landscape of King's Landing while also dealing with personal demons.
The episode opens with Rhaenyra (Emma D'Arcy) sitting in her chambers, staring at a letter from her estranged husband, Laenor Velaryon. She flashes back to a memory of their wedding day, where she was forced to marry him by her father, King Viserys I (Paddy Considine), despite her love for her cousin, Prince Daemon Targaryen (Matt Smith).
Meanwhile, tensions between the Targaryens and the Blackfyres continue to escalate. Lord Corlys Velaryon (Steve Toussaint) warns King Viserys that the Blackfyres are gaining support among the lords of Westeros, and that a war may be inevitable. Viserys dismisses his concerns, believing that his daughter Rhaenyra is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.
As Rhaenyra attends a meeting of the small council, she is confronted by Lord Lyonel Strong (Joel Fry), a Blackfyre sympathizer who openly challenges her claim to the throne. Rhaenyra responds with a fiery speech, declaring that she will not let the Blackfyres tear apart her family and her kingdom.
Later, Rhaenyra meets with her uncle, Prince Daemon, who reveals that he has been secretly working with the Blackfyres to undermine her father's rule. Rhaenyra is horrified and conflicted, torn between her love for Daemon and her loyalty to her father and her own claim to the throne.
In the final scene, Rhaenyra sits alone in her chambers, contemplating her next move. She reads the letter from Laenor again, and makes a decision that will change the course of her life and the fate of the Seven Kingdoms.
As the camera pans out, we see a raven flying over King's Landing, carrying a message that will set events in motion for the next episode.

Regenerate response

This is where people disrespect writers and don't have an understanding of what they actually do. Basically, the difference between a rough idea for an episode of TV, and an actual shooting script.

All that ChatGPT you posted did is tell me that it can do a really good job of replacing nyggas on the internet who spend Monday mornings saying how an episode should have gone and what they would have done if it was up to them.

But when it comes to writing an actual script - the things that will be directed by a director and the things that will be said by actors, how those things change what's to come and are informed by what came before it, AI can't do that.

Hollywood Reporter just wrote an article with a ChatGPT written script of a 30 Rock scene, and it didn't have a joke in it. Not a single joke. They gave them the characters to write, a scenario, and let it go.

A show like 30 Rock that has that much information out there for an AI to scrape and source, the AI was able to have characters say things that made logical sense, and have a situation that was coherent, but it didn't have a single joke.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
This is where people disrespect writers and don't have an understanding of what they actually do. Basically, the difference between a rough idea for an episode of TV, and an actual shooting script.

All that ChatGPT you posted did is tell me that it can do a really good job of replacing nyggas on the internet who spend Monday mornings saying how an episode should have gone and what they would have done if it was up to them.

But when it comes to writing an actual script - the things that will be directed by a director and the things that will be said by actors, how those things change what's to come and are informed by what came before it, AI can't do that.

Hollywood Reporter just wrote an article with a ChatGPT written script of a 30 Rock scene, and it didn't have a joke in it. Not a single joke. They gave them the characters to write, a scenario, and let it go.

A show like 30 Rock that has that much information out there for an AI to scrape and source, the AI was able to have characters say things that made logical sense, and have a situation that was coherent, but it didn't have a single joke.

Writers of today are trash really, poor command of the English langauge, no understanding of character development or arcs, and completely unoriginal ideas....

But that is just a product of the pitiful education system in America....

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Writers of today are trash really, poor command of the English langauge, no understanding of character development or arcs, and completely unoriginal ideas....

But that is just a product of the pitiful education system in America....
Name 3 TV shows that you enjoyed

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Can you make this make sense for me?

If a show (lets say Cobra Kai) just hires replacement writers to write the next season of the show, the WHOLE staff would now have to watch all the previous seasons, and then come up with the new ideas for the season to write, and then write that new season to make it make sense to fit with all of the previous stuff. How long would that take to happen? Then, who will do the acting, since Im sure alot of the actors will be on the side of the writers on these studio projects?

Now do this times ALL the different shows that are on strike. How many writers would be needed for all of this?

As many as it takes...:ufdup:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yea, on one hand the initial inclination is to choose support of the writers over the suits... on the other hand by and large ain't nothing impressive with how these writers depict/utilize brehs. On some cookie cutter automated AI shyt, there was a string of streaming shows a year or so ago where it felt every brotha by design was gay, trans, or had the most minuscule agency (if any) out of the "main" cast.

But to your point you gotta be careful with the criticism because it turns into a why you hate gays, or toxic masculinity if you harp on Anthony Mackie getting his ass kicked a bit too much as a protagonist, or that black samurai Netflix anime (Yusuke) in which the mc/title character had no love interest, got his ass kicked throughout, and a little Asian girl was the real hero.

Maybe it's because i watched wrestling as a kid and went from a "mark" to a "smark" before i stopped watching altogether but i swear a lot of the ring psychology and "booking" in WWE applies to Hollywood. They'll be that occasional great story line but everything else mostly feels amateurish and then the "booking" of specific characters... well... :mjpls:

Yeah..

I can see why any breh would be whatever about ai rocking these hollywood writers