Wow! Is Marvel officially done??? ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA’ is looking to have the worst second-weekend decline ever for a superhero movie

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
They should have blipped the MCU for 5 years after the end of End Game.

Series
  • Wandavision - Covid bump off of good will, CGI fest at the end. And they think that Agatha Show is gonna happen? FOH.
  • Falcon - trash. Nobody really likes Anthony Mackie. He was trash in Altered Carbon, got that series cancelled.
  • Loki - boring. And this is the one people like. I really think it's a certain set of folks that took one off handed line way too far...
  • Hawkeye - trash - fun, but trash. Best parts were Girl Hawkeye and new Widow. But Kingpin? Trash.
  • Ms. Marvel - trash - fun at first, then trash.
  • Moon Knight - Trash. How they botched MCU's schizophrenic Batman is beyond me. Episode 5 was good.
  • What If - not bad, but animation. Messed up in trying to fit all the episodes together, and parallel what happened in the MCU. Should have kept with the OG comic theme - way more flexibility and freedom.
  • She Hulk - worse than Thor. They didn't want to stick to comedy, but then got too meta.
Movies
  • Black Widow - woulda been dope, 5 years earlier. And why did the one Russian speaker not speak. (Olga Kurylenko)
  • Shang Chi - not bad movie, great villain, but ended in CGI monster bs.
  • Eternals - Trash. Paperboi? SMH. Wasted Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie, plus both them Game of Thrones boys.
  • Black Panther 2 - Great Funeral. I saw the first one 3x, in the theater. I saw this once, and I can't even let the bootleg play in the background.
  • Dr. Strange 2 - Meh.
  • Thor - steaming pile of trash. This is easily worst than Eternals.
  • Antman - Meh. I sort of didn't hate this movie. Had few quibbles, but Ant Man got 2 movies before Black Widow got 1. I really thought it woudl be much worse, but it was decent - except for the girl and MODOK.
  • Spiderman was dope to me. But I recognize how much they were milking the nostalgia. I hope Tom Holland doesn't get typecast though. It would be nice to see him in other roles.

I wonder how many of these movies/series are already finished? And the ones that are on schedule, if they're moving them back - they might lose actors.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That didn't stop the first "Black Panther" from being a massive success in Feb 2018. Had black people and non black people watch that film multiple times in the same time of year.

Black Panther and Ant-Man are not the same. There was previous fan demand for a Black Panther film and massive backlash when Marvel studios pulled that bullshyt “People Of Color can’t lead blockbusters” stereotype (people forget this but look up the beef between Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter)

Black Panther also had a lot of buzz because

1). He debuted in a huge film, Captain America: Civil War. Which established him as a badass no-nonsense hero and royalty, which hadn’t been seen so far in the MCU

2). Ryan Coogler, Lupita Nyong’o, Chadwick Boseman, Daniel Kaluya and Michael B Jordan were all peaking at JUST the right moment the film was being released. That plus casting established vets like Angela Bassett, Sterling K Brown, Forest Whitaker, John Kani and Andy Serkis added an air of prestige to the film.

Ant-Man in contrast really doesn’t hold much interest beyond “I can shrink!” And “I can grow!” Nobody cares about his kid. Nobody cares about his personal life. He’s not cool. He’s not badass. He’s not especially funny. He’s only as charming as Paul Rudd can make him. He doesn’t have a compelling backstory. In the comics his main claim to relevance is that he beats his wife.

Ant-Man is decidedly D-list. That Marvel even made ONE decent movie mining his character is a minor cinematic miracle

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
Black Panther and Ant-Man are not the same. There was previous fan demand for a Black Panther film and massive backlash when Marvel studios pulled that bullshyt “People Of Color can’t lead blockbusters” stereotype (people forget this but look up the beef between Kevin Feige and Ike Perlmutter)

Black Panther also had a lot of buzz because

1). He debuted in a huge film, Captain America: Civil War. Which established him as a badass no-nonsense hero and royalty, which hadn’t been seen so far in the MCU

2). Ryan Coogler, Lupita Nyong’o, Chadwick Boseman, Daniel Kaluya and Michael B Jordan were all peaking at JUST the right moment the film was being released. That plus casting established vets like Angela Bassett, Sterling K Brown, Forest Whitaker, John Kani and Andy Serkis added an air of prestige to the film.

Ant-Man in contrast really doesn’t hold much interest beyond “I can shrink!” And “I can grow!” Nobody cares about his kid. Nobody cares about his personal life. He’s not cool. He’s not badass. He’s not especially funny. He’s only as charming as Paul Rudd can make him. He doesn’t have a compelling backstory. In the comics his main claim to relevance is that he beats his wife.

Ant-Man is decidedly D-list. That Marvel even made ONE decent movie mining his character is a minor cinematic miracle
Whoa Whoa. PYM is the woman beater.

Scott is the fukkup

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
MODOK leak killed it for me.

They're regressing and believing they can just do whatever the fukk they want with the IPs again, like the good ol days.

Everything should've been on the level of Captain America Winter Soldier once that movie dropped.

There is ZERO resason to regress.

At this rate, when the Fantastic Four actually drops, we're gonna get another Cloud Galactus.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Ant man has always been mehh....idk why Marvel keep pushing this character. He good for avengers and having 5 minutes worth of screentime, but a whole damn movie? Nahh im good :camby:
Yeah Ant-Man works better as a side character

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
They should have blipped the MCU for 5 years after the end of End Game.

Series
  • Wandavision - Covid bump off of good will, CGI fest at the end. And they think that Agatha Show is gonna happen? FOH.
  • Falcon - trash. Nobody really likes Anthony Mackie. He was trash in Altered Carbon, got that series cancelled.
  • Loki - boring. And this is the one people like. I really think it's a certain set of folks that took one off handed line way too far...
  • Hawkeye - trash - fun, but trash. Best parts were Girl Hawkeye and new Widow. But Kingpin? Trash.
  • Ms. Marvel - trash - fun at first, then trash.
  • Moon Knight - Trash. How they botched MCU's schizophrenic Batman is beyond me. Episode 5 was good.
  • What If - not bad, but animation. Messed up in trying to fit all the episodes together, and parallel what happened in the MCU. Should have kept with the OG comic theme - way more flexibility and freedom.
  • She Hulk - worse than Thor. They didn't want to stick to comedy, but then got too meta.
Movies
  • Black Widow - woulda been dope, 5 years earlier. And why did the one Russian speaker not speak. (Olga Kurylenko)
  • Shang Chi - not bad movie, great villain, but ended in CGI monster bs.
  • Eternals - Trash. Paperboi? SMH. Wasted Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie, plus both them Game of Thrones boys.
  • Black Panther 2 - Great Funeral. I saw the first one 3x, in the theater. I saw this once, and I can't even let the bootleg play in the background.
  • Dr. Strange 2 - Meh.
  • Thor - steaming pile of trash. This is easily worst than Eternals.
  • Antman - Meh. I sort of didn't hate this movie. Had few quibbles, but Ant Man got 2 movies before Black Widow got 1. I really thought it woudl be much worse, but it was decent - except for the girl and MODOK.
  • Spiderman was dope to me. But I recognize how much they were milking the nostalgia. I hope Tom Holland doesn't get typecast though. It would be nice to see him in other roles.

I wonder how many of these movies/series are already finished? And the ones that are on schedule, if they're moving them back - they might lose actors.
Say what you want but all of this is easily better than what DC gave us the last five years minus Joker film and some of their work like End Games may be better than that.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
They need to get back to focusing on good story telling. There is too much agenda in the movie's and it drags them down. Most just want a good story. Marvel actually has a lot of good female characters that can shine without it being forced. Hell Scarlett Witch and Jean Gray are two of the most powerful characters in marvel. Look at the first Iron Man. TS was a player, he was smart, rich and had style. You didn't see any agenda put on it. People loved it. BP was great because it was always a black story. Nothing was shoehorned into it. We could relate to it. We could feel its power. It had a great story with well developed characters along with great acting. Marvel did a great job in casting the original avengers, you could see them as the characters they played. They matched. But as the marvel movies met with more success, a small but vocual group of people screamed for inclusion over content. They started to bend to inclusion they started to hire actors more for their backgrounds instead of how their fit. People can't relate to them. They hired writers that focused on inclusion instead of storytelling. I doubt the writers were familier with the source material. I understand that when you have a product you want it to appeal to a wide variety of audiences. But when it comes to action movies the largest demographic is 13-30 strait men. You have to make sure you satify your target audience as that is who is going to spend a bulk of the money.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Antman 1 was fire...

2 was mid and 3 was trash. His grown up daughter is annoying as shyt in the new one.

Disney gotta stop pushing trash female characters on us
His daughter made most the movie unwatchable. Terrible character. Bad actress. Same thing with The Whale. The daughter is so mediocre, same forced angst ten aged she was in Stranger Things but somehow even worse. Almost ruined a that otherwise amazing performance of Brendan Frasier.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The next GOTG is gonna break records:unimpressed:

and Miles Morales is in the tuck somewhere
Guardians is the only one i wanna see. it looks good. But let's not forget it was supposed to come out 3 years ago originally. so if it is good it will be an anomaly to the phase 4 trash and phase 5 starting just as flabby.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
MODOK leak killed it for me.

They're regressing and believing they can just do whatever the fukk they want with the IPs again, like the good ol days.

Everything should've been on the level of Captain America Winter Soldier once that movie dropped.

There is ZERO resason to regress.

At this rate, when the Fantastic Four actually drops, we're gonna get another Cloud Galactus.
This continues to be my issue.

The Winter Soldier should be the standard for Marvel when it comes to making movies. Quality storytelling in that film, great pacing, it’s mind boggling that’s really the only good film other than Iron Man 1 for them.

They would benefit from taking their time to make movies instead of rushing to release set-up films that have a bunch of scenes that ruin pacing, throw in too many jokes that undermine characters & don’t have creative enough plots. Their films feel so cookie cutter & conveyor belt-ish.