Wow! Is Marvel officially done??? ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA’ is looking to have the worst second-weekend decline ever for a superhero movie

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serious question and no judgment...if their output has been this much trash, why keep watching everything they put out? I don't understand this level of brand loyalty. I'm not really a superhero movie fan though so maybe that's it.
Cause we loved it in the beginning and we're hoping it'll get back to where it was.

I watched everything pre Endgame. Not after. I didn't watch Eternals or Ant-Man due to bad word of mouth. Finally just saw BP2 on Disney+ (even tho I saw BP1 3 times in theaters). Liked Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight but couldn't be bothered to finish them...

The only thing I went to the movies for was Spider-Man and I had a great time. Whenever a Marvel trailer came on TV my girl used to sarcastically say "when are you dragging me to this one." I shrugged so many times recently she just stopped asking. Maybe I just aged out

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
DC doing their thing right now. Winning awards, getting critical acclaims, etc.

X-Men will set the ship right once again for Marvel. Not the Fantastic Four. Not Dr. Doom. They can come later.

They need to make sure they hit the X-Men out the park though and do that franchise right.
The roster needs to come correct, I'm talking X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue:
xh1cpqcr66551.jpg

I say just start at the beginning. Original 5. Wolverine shouldn't even show up before part 3. AT LEAST save him for the second movie.

O5, new members. Blue and Gold. Branch off into X Factor and X Force. Start some time travel shenanigans with Cable and all that. Build up to a big event.

Damn shame they botched Dark Phoenix twice already. Maybe if they do the full storyline from the comics it could work a third time?

I'm thinking they just need to go a different route like.. Avengers Vs X-Men. A way to loop back around to the Avengers but make them the opps.

Avengers need a long nap tho. Just leave the Avengers where it is and start completely over kinda like the first Iron Man. Start small and spread out slowly.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last I heard they still have contracts with the Fox actors that will be in effect until 2025.
They should have gone straight into Fantastic Four straight after Endgame IMO. Keep the streets fed until they can bring X-men into the fold.
Bless us with a REAL Galactus and a REAL Doom. Stick to the Lee/Kirby and the John Byrne runs.

66e5f084fdf218d12e3a463e22e76b06--super-comics-marvel-dc.jpg
rco001_1468825785.jpg
front.jpg

As far as the X-men go, they should either begin with the original 5 or with Giant Sized X-men #1.
For GSXM#1, they could switch out Thunderbird and Sunfire for more popular characters like Psylocke and Gambit.
Either way, they need some real OG fans at the helm who know the comicbooks inside and out (Especially the Claremont run with Dave Cockrum, John Byrne, Paul Smith, and John Romita Jr.).
The 90s cartoon is cool, but their knowledge of the lore has to run deeper than just our surface-level nostalgia for the animated series.
So long as they stick to the Jim Shooter-era Marvel comics and runs, they'll be good.
clean.jpg
clean.jpg

And put some respect on Scott Summers as the LEADER of the X-men.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I say just start at the beginning. Original 5. Wolverine shouldn't even show up before part 3. AT LEAST save him for the second movie.

O5, new members. Blue and Gold. Branch off into X Factor and X Force. Start some time travel shenanigans with Cable and all that. Build up to a big event.

Damn shame they botched Dark Phoenix twice already. Maybe if they do the full storyline from the comics it could work a third time?

I'm thinking they just need to go a different route like.. Avengers Vs X-Men. A way to loop back around to the Avengers but make them the opps.

Avengers need a long nap tho. Just leave the Avengers where it is and start completely over kinda like the first Iron Man. Start small and spread out slowly.
For Phoenix, I think they should only quickly touch on the Dark Phoenix storyline and should moreso explore the WPOTC storyline. What WPOTC basically did to the Beyonders and her new power level in the current comics is :wow:

That said, they should still keep the focus on the team itself rather than any single character. I mentioned Gold and Blue teams and I do think it's a good idea not to go that route until the X-Men have been solidified - then the Gold and Blue teams can be split into separate movies.

X-Force, X-Factor, etc. definitely agree should make an entrance on some:

The thing MCU must be aware of at this point: if they make them 2nd rate to the Avengers they're going to tank everything. X-Men need to get even more attention than the Avengers did because this is not as novel and expectations are going to be incredibly high. My honest opinion: X-Men are the most adored team of the entire IP.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless they do a movie strictly based on the Original 5, Nightcrawler needs to be a part of the team when the X-men come to the MCU.

b3e1ceb5e2cc13777791087e0abb428fcb1ccfb6.gifv

Nightcrawler should have been a part of the Blue and Gold teams IMO.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I dont think yall being fair with comparing gotg to other “off brand” mcu movies.

The casting for gotg can rival any movie. Literally the entire guardians headline other movies :dead: chris pratt, vin diesel, zoe, Batista

That movie wouldnt even need to be connected to mcu and the cast alone would of made it a success(probably not as successful as it is, no need to argue that)

So thats not a fair example to keep comparing to the others. Its an exception, not the rule.

what were the actors listed biggest movies outside the mcu?

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
I dont think yall being fair with comparing gotg to other “off brand” mcu movies.

The casting for gotg can rival any movie. Literally the entire guardians headline other movies :dead: chris pratt, vin diesel, zoe, Batista

That movie wouldnt even need to be connected to mcu and the cast alone would of made it a success(probably not as successful as it is, no need to argue that)

So thats not a fair example to keep comparing to the others. Its an exception, not the rule.

Michael douglas, Michelle Pfiffer, Paul Rudd , Jonathan Majors is a stronger cast than chris pratt, vin diesel, zoe, Batista cmon

:comeon:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
You guys are saying "it's ant man"

That bullshyt though because before the MCU, Thor and especially Gaurdians of the Galaxy weren't that popular among casuals.

The real issue superhero fatigue, the fact that avengers endgame felt like a jumping off point, and the fact that the recent phase 4 movies haven't been that great.