Wow! Is Marvel officially done??? ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA’ is looking to have the worst second-weekend decline ever for a superhero movie

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's no spin. it's a horrible drop here and it's dying overseas too. But for anyone that says "it's just Ant-man" that's not true.. First.. they spent a ton of $ on this and the reason they did is because the villain is supposed to lead up to the next Avengers movie

That's a big deal and a bad blunder

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
And they can’t figure out how to get one right for The Hulk :snoop:
If you mean by the story/movie itself, Hulk is difficult. The niqqa gets stronger with no apparent limit, giving him a challenge is a challenge itself.
True, but a $15 movie ticket ain't gonna break people budgets like that.
Yeah but not many people going themselves. Take your spouse and 3 kids and feed them you might be closer to $150 then $15.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
There's no spin. it's a horrible drop here and it's dying overseas too. But for anyone that says "it's just Ant-man" that's not true.. First.. they spent a ton of $ on this and the reason they did is because the villain is supposed to lead up to the next Avengers movie

That's a big deal and a bad blunder

There was a disconnect

They should have made it a Kang movie featuring Ant Man rather than billing it as an Ant-Man movie. Even if they didnt change anything else that would have made a difference

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
X men had a contract with fox that they couldn’t recast none of the x men until like 2026 or some. So they just waiting it out

It’s 2025 and they can recast but they have to buy out the actors attached to the dark phoenix sequel that never happened. That’s not a big deal.

The hang up is any X-men movie will have to include the old fox producers (Bryan Singer and that other dude) because they are under contract. Disney does not fukk with them so they rather wait it out. BUT that’s just for an X-men title movie….they can add mutants in any other movie like they are doing with Deadpool and Wolverine or Prof X in Dr Strange

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
They should have blipped the MCU for 5 years after the end of End Game.

Series
  • Wandavision - Covid bump off of good will, CGI fest at the end. And they think that Agatha Show is gonna happen? FOH.
  • Falcon - trash. Nobody really likes Anthony Mackie. He was trash in Altered Carbon, got that series cancelled.
  • Loki - boring. And this is the one people like. I really think it's a certain set of folks that took one off handed line way too far...
  • Hawkeye - trash - fun, but trash. Best parts were Girl Hawkeye and new Widow. But Kingpin? Trash.
  • Ms. Marvel - trash - fun at first, then trash.
  • Moon Knight - Trash. How they botched MCU's schizophrenic Batman is beyond me. Episode 5 was good.
  • What If - not bad, but animation. Messed up in trying to fit all the episodes together, and parallel what happened in the MCU. Should have kept with the OG comic theme - way more flexibility and freedom.
  • She Hulk - worse than Thor. They didn't want to stick to comedy, but then got too meta.
Movies
  • Black Widow - woulda been dope, 5 years earlier. And why did the one Russian speaker not speak. (Olga Kurylenko)
  • Shang Chi - not bad movie, great villain, but ended in CGI monster bs.
  • Eternals - Trash. Paperboi? SMH. Wasted Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie, plus both them Game of Thrones boys.
  • Black Panther 2 - Great Funeral. I saw the first one 3x, in the theater. I saw this once, and I can't even let the bootleg play in the background.
  • Dr. Strange 2 - Meh.
  • Thor - steaming pile of trash. This is easily worst than Eternals.
  • Antman - Meh. I sort of didn't hate this movie. Had few quibbles, but Ant Man got 2 movies before Black Widow got 1. I really thought it woudl be much worse, but it was decent - except for the girl and MODOK.
  • Spiderman was dope to me. But I recognize how much they were milking the nostalgia. I hope Tom Holland doesn't get typecast though. It would be nice to see him in other roles.

I wonder how many of these movies/series are already finished? And the ones that are on schedule, if they're moving them back - they might lose actors.

Serious question and no judgment...if their output has been this much trash, why keep watching everything they put out? I don't understand this level of brand loyalty. I'm not really a superhero movie fan though so maybe that's it.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
explain Guardian of the Galaxy success?
I dont think yall being fair with comparing gotg to other “off brand” mcu movies.

The casting for gotg can rival any movie. Literally the entire guardians headline other movies :dead: chris pratt, vin diesel, zoe, Batista

That movie wouldnt even need to be connected to mcu and the cast alone would of made it a success(probably not as successful as it is, no need to argue that)

So thats not a fair example to keep comparing to the others. Its an exception, not the rule.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It’s 2025 and they can recast but they have to buy out the actors attached to the dark phoenix sequel that never happened. That’s not a big deal.

The hang up is any X-men movie will have to include the old fox producers (Bryan Singer and that other dude) because they are under contract. Disney does not fukk with them so they rather wait it out. BUT that’s just for an X-men title movie….they can add mutants in any other movie like they are doing with Deadpool and Wolverine or Prof X in Dr Strange
That's not an excuse either as they could easily buy those contracts out if they wanted to do so.

Money talks and everyone has a price.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's not an excuse either as they could easily buy those contracts out if they wanted to do so.

Money talks and everyone has a price.
I don’t think they want anything to do with Bryan Singer though. Even if that means paying him a ton of money to buy him out.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Serious question and no judgment...if their output has been this much trash, why keep watching everything they put out? I don't understand this level of brand loyalty. I'm not really a superhero movie fan though so maybe that's it.

That's a fair question, one I often ask myself. The answer is simple,

I am dope fiend and I need drugs
I just bought em from Chico.

Who's that?

The neighborhood thug

You're telling me to stop but I say "Go"
I am a dope fiend and oh
I need mo', I need mo'