Wow! Is Marvel officially done??? ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA’ is looking to have the worst second-weekend decline ever for a superhero movie

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
True, but I’m sure they also didn’t expect BP2 to make $500 million dollars less than the first one or the Eternals to flop as bad as they did. Don’t use COVID as an excuse either as Spiderman still made a shytload of money and wasn’t affected by it.

Top Gun 2 perfectly showed that people will support your movies if they are good. Disney is going to be able to get by with meh writing as they did previously as the attachment to the characters just isn’t there anymore.

Black Panther lost its lead character, had no China release, and doesnt have a tie in to Avengers like the first one. No way it was going to replicate its first run. I had no interest in seeing a Shuri Black Panther, NONE. My wife dragged me to see it and im sure plenty of other people felt the same way. Also I think people are really underestimating how crazy 700 million domestic is for a movie. Infinity War didnt pull 700 million, Avatar 2 didnt pull 700 million, Star Wars 8 and 9 didnt pull 700 million but Black Panther 1 did. That is wild.

Are you really comparing BP2 to a Spiderman movie that featured every live action Spiderman in it? :mjlol:

Yall really in here on some "If your movie doesnt draw top 5 numbers in the history of film, then you need to panic. :heh:

Marvel doesnt need to panic until an Avengers movie goes sub 1 billion and even then they have X-Men in the wings.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Kang got the coldest suit in the MCU, not up for debate :wow:

:myman:

kang-jonathan-majors-ant-man-and-the-wasp-1674029688.jpg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Black Panther lost its lead character, had no China release, and doesnt have a tie in to Avengers like the first one. No way it was going to replicate its first run. I had no interest in seeing a Shuri Black Panther, NONE. My wife dragged me to see it and im sure plenty of other people felt the same way. Also I think people are really underestimating how crazy 700 million domestic is for a movie. Infinity War didnt pull 700 million, Avatar 2 didnt pull 700 million, Star Wars 8 and 9 didnt pull 700 million but Black Panther 1 did. That is wild.

Are you really comparing BP2 to a Spiderman movie that featured every live action Spiderman in it? :mjlol:

Yall really in here on some "If your movie doesnt draw top 5 numbers in the history of film, then you need to panic. :heh:

Marvel doesnt need to panic until an Avengers movie goes sub 1 billion and even then they have X-Men in the wings.
You mean the same X-Men that’s years away from actually being a thing and not even apart of the current timeline?

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
best guess based off data is they'll probably come 2026 or 2027

Yeah, Feige said don't expect any X-Men stuff until well after Secret Wars which is out in 2026. So yeah 2027 at the latest

A huge mistake imo.

Other than Deadpool 3 which we know Wolverine is in not sure what other recognisable mutants we'll get to see before then. Also, Deadpool is rated R which also for the family market Disney has cultivated is not going to be appropriate for a lot of kids not sure how many mutants they would allow in that movie.

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
Yeah there are others I need to see as well. I don't really care about mcu movies that much so I mainly want to see Kang in Ant Man. Main reason I want to watch it.
I liked the other ones I saw but there's way too much stuff now! I don't know what to focus on anymore so I just watch the heroes I want to see now! I guess I'll watch this one since Kang is important! please bring back wanda marvel! 😹

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
:unimpressed:

Movie been out a week and already did half of what the last movie did in it's entire run.

71% is obviously bad but the MCU is so successful we're actually talking about the 2nd week drop off of the third Ant-Man movie.

I didn't even know who the fukk Ant-Man was back when I was reading comics. There was never supposed to be an Ant-Man movie to begin with.

Fred.
Marvel stan babble.