Wow! Is Marvel officially done??? ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA’ is looking to have the worst second-weekend decline ever for a superhero movie

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Their last 4 movies make 850 million, 760 million, 950 million, and 1.9 billion. They doing ok.

If anyone, including Disney, expected every movie to hit 1.5 billion then they were fools.
True, but I’m sure they also didn’t expect BP2 to make $500 million dollars less than the first one or the Eternals to flop as bad as they did considering they were supposed to be their new GOTG. Don’t use COVID as an excuse either as Spiderman still made a shytload of money and wasn’t affected by it.

Top Gun 2 perfectly showed that people will support your movies if they are good. Disney is going to be able to get by with meh writing as they did previously as the attachment to the characters just isn’t there anymore.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
This was supposed to be Kang's big intro you really want your huge new villain tied into a movie that is only doing ok?

The worry for them is their movie slate this year is Antman, GoTG3 and the Marvels which I feel will only do OK. You know they bricking it over there.

The first Captain Marvel did over a billion helped in part by being the lead into Avengers: Endgame they don't have that luxury hence why they pushed it back to later in the year. I expect big reshoots on that. Two MCU movies in 1 year doing just OK will not be a pleasant sight.

Marvel's best things this year will be TV shows. Loki and hopefully, Secret Invasion. Though those shows are not the cape kind of superhero stuff most people will want to see unfortunately it seems the Disney+ shows are not the huge hits you think they would be.

But when you pump out mediocre show after mediocre show is it a surprise? Last good MCU show was Loki Season 1

Last edited: