Wow. California black ADOS residents might be getting $223,200 per person in reparations.

Peachstate

Lady
Daps
Reppin
The four-hundred thousand
So what’s the cutoff…what qualifiers would you put on this? One drop rule becomes a blessing as long as their 5x great grandma was black? This shyt will get litigated to high heavens just like they did student loan forgiveness which isn’t a racial program.
How I would do it is having to have identified as black on the last two censuses, having at least one black parent, and having American residency you can trace back to before the civil rights act. I haven't read any of California's docs yet to see how they're doing it but it's really not difficult at all.

Peachstate

Lady
Daps
Reppin
Thanks much!

Gotta love how everybody becomes an accountant, stock brocker, economist, Risk and Asset manager, wealth manager, etc etc of black people when the reparations discussions take place 🙄:stopitslime:
You see it.

We hand out money every damn day...Israel, Ukraine, etc and don't nobody say shyt. So transparent.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
How I would do it is having to have identified as black on the last two censuses, having at least one black parent, and having American residency you can trace back to before the civil rights act. I haven't read any of California's docs yet to see how they're doing it but it's really not difficult at all.
It is, and it’s why it won’t happen, especially in California with so many mixed race blacks. The census is a really bad measure as a lot of people have never filled them out, it would also exclude kids who weren’t alive for a census. Programs like this are set up for performative measures as they’re able to be sued out of existence. The 1/4 black crew isn’t going to just say, “yea, that’s fair”

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
A good chunk of nikkaz would do this sadly. :snoop:

Buying a car and some bullshyt would have that money all going right back into cac's pockets indeed.

But there would be a ton of smart cats too that would do something useful. I'd :salute: those folks.
I’d cop a new car, travel and a bunch of designer clothes :wow:

Peachstate

Lady
Daps
Reppin
It is, and it’s why it won’t happen, especially in California with so many mixed race blacks. The census is a really bad measure as a lot of people have never filled them out, it would also exclude kids who weren’t alive for a census. Programs like this are set up for performative measures as they’re able to be sued out of existence. The 1/4 black crew isn’t going to just say, “yea, that’s fair”
If you didn't fill out the census, then you'd have to find an alternative method, which also wouldn't be difficult. And I don't care if a few thousand blackish folks sneak in. It's worth it for my people to get what's owed.

The biggest obstacle as I see it are the unending questions that distract from implementation. Nobody does this with any other group. Are you ADOS?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you didn't fill out the census, then you'd have to find an alternative method, which also wouldn't be difficult. And I don't care if a few thousand blackish folks sneak in. It's worth it for my people to get what's owed.

The biggest obstacle as I see it are the unending questions that distract from implementation. Nobody does this with any other group. Are you ADOS?
Yes, and born and raised in California. Wanting the program to happen and seeing the realities of why it can’t/won’t aren’t mutually exclusive. It’s naive to look at all the legal ways in which a program like this can be blocked or end up scaling so far that it’s impossible to implement/pay for.

Peachstate

Lady
Daps
Reppin
Yes, and born and raised in California. Wanting the program to happen and seeing the realities of why it can’t/won’t aren’t mutually exclusive. It’s naive to look at all the legal ways in which a program like this can be blocked or end up scaling so far that it’s impossible to implement/pay for.
But that's the thing, you're seeing realities based on your limited understanding. Some of us have studied this. I know someone on one of the task forces. I've done work with the freedman's bureau and I've been in those records. It's completely possible, logistically, legally, and economically. Of course there will be pushback, but that's a separate issue.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But that's the thing, you're seeing realities based on your limited understanding. Some of us have studied this. I know someone on one of the task forces. I've done work with the freedman's bureau and I've been in those records. It's completely possible, logistically, legally, and economically. Of course there will be pushback, but that's a separate issue.
when i say it's not possible, i mean getting money in hand. yes, this is something that can be approved, and it will be blocked. lol @ limited understanding, there are several legal issues with a reparation program that would open it up to suits that escalate to the circuit and supreme courts, you think this supreme court is ruling for a reparations program?

anyway, this aint worth continuing to debate as nothing has been decided and only the outcome - money in or not in hands, will prove if this was successful. yall continue with that blind optimism tho...i hope im proven wrong :ehh:

Last edited: