Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of the dozen or so weddings I've been to in my adult life, only 1 did the brides family pay for the wedding, and that was my folks paying for my sister. Just my experience, ymmv. The traditional wedding doesn't exist anymore. Remember when brides used to come with virginity and a dowry?

If you have a broke ass bride, that probably means she has broke ass parents so aside from chipping in for the cake, you're getting nothing. A smart couple is going to save up a couple grand and get married. A dumb couple is going to charge a couple grade to get married.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
all jokes aside,

Legit question for you: Who do you think will take more financial risk in this marriage for the 1st 10 years? The Bride with her 200K of school debt, or the husband?

Excuse me if i think money is a little more valuable than the AVERAGE, i said AVERAGE, marriage.

who knows...businesses are shaky, a medical degree is projects more security (people will always be sick). Its far more likely that she will have the more stable and sustainable income as the marriage develops --- but thats just educated speculation.

My main point is this --- if you have reservations over your wife's character, then you have no business getting married in the first place. Why bring kids, other family members, etc into a relationship that you lack confidence over? Just stay single, or stay playing house --- myself, I take marriage and the commitment seriously. If Im worried about a prenup, then I shouldnt be married to this person.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because worrying about a prenup could make you miss out on a rewarding relationship.

I don't see how.

And having a prenup may make you less inclined to make that relationship work.

I can kinda see that, but really this is more about the type of person you are rather than a prenup itself.

It's not worth it to add that extra baggage and doubt to your relationship unless you really have something to loose. Telling a chick "sign this prenup, cause you can't have none of my orange soda" just makes you look like an insecure a$$hole.

Eh, ideally I'd marry a chick with some good financial sense who wouldn't take it personally. I mean I can see if I was like, "Hey I want you to sign this prenup with a clause that says if you get fat I get to dump you scott free." But that's not what we're talking about, it's just an agreement between two parties up front.

:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You buy insurance for your car, just incase but that doesn't mean go out looking for an accident.

I wear a seatbelt every time I drive, but I still avoid accidents as much as possible. Same concept.

The reason this analogy doesn't work is because one can't anticipate or prevent accidents. Which is why you buy the insurance.

But you have full control over your relationship and the descision to divorce.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
If you have a broke ass bride, that probably means she has broke ass parents so aside from chipping in for the cake, you're getting nothing. A smart couple is going to save up a couple grand and get married. A dumb couple is going to charge a couple grade to get married.

If they gon save up some bread, wedding, reception, honeymoon

Go down to the courthouse and get married, put that money to work and invest in something together, and do that other sh!t later

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
who knows...businesses are shaky, a medical degree is more secure. Its far more likely that she will have the more stable and sustainable income as the marriage develops --- but thats just educated speculation.

My main point is this --- if you have reservations over your wife's character, then you have no business getting married in the first place. Why bring kids, other family members, etc into a relationship that you lack confidence over? Just stay single, or stay playing house --- myself, I take marriage and the commitment seriously. If Im worried about a prenup, then I shouldnt be married to this person.

People change breh

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

EVERYONE thinks that their marriage is safe and special, the way every drunk driver has thought to themself that they had the focus to drive home safely. 50% of marriages in the USA are a divorce. 1 in 2. You wanna risk being a statistic? Power to you. You are a braver man than i.

Just dont mock others for bein cautious.

russian roulette. 1 in 2. Loser gets screwed over.

The reason this analogy doesn't work is because one can't anticipate or prevent accidents. Which is why you buy the insurance.

I dont have control over another human being. Sorry.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You have to figure in the assumptions. I think the assumption is always that if you don't have a pre-nup then your wife is entitled to half of everything. So if dude has a business that's successful, he doesn't want to lose it in the event of a divorce or be forced to run his business with his ex wife.

My understanding of pre-nups was that pre-marital assets had some sort of protection and only assets acquired during the marriage was up for "grabs". I personally would want anything I had before marriage to be available to me after marriage, on top of half of what we as a couple accumulated during the marriage. With all that said financial protection is better than a relationship, imo.

THIS.

Stop being so paranoid bruhs. 99.63% of yall nikkaz in here aint got shyt to begin with anyway. :laff:

(But definitely check the divorce laws in your state to make sure you aren't going to get fukked for premarital assets in case you do get divorced - providing that you have anything worth a damn to begin with. )

Be careful of wifing anyone who isn't bringing shyt to the table when you get married and you already have the table setup and filled with food! However, if yall BOTH bringing fukkin paper plates and napkins, then you need to stop being a clown.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
I bet money that when you start a successful business or get a nice investment portfolio going you're going to think twice about a pre-nup. You probably don't have shyt( no offense) so it's easy to talk that love shyt, but wait until you get a little money.

Actually thats whats inspiring my views in the first place. I grew up in poverty...as I aged I accumulated a fair amount of wealth, assets, and toys. I found myself no more happier with wealth, than I did when I grew up poor, and if anything I appreciated much more when my environment was financially limited. Again, we are different people --- you orient your whole world around things --- I've learned, through my experiences that people make me happy.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:comeon: Extreme example, but I don't think Kris Humphries had full control over his relationship and decision to divorce. Granted, he married an ain't shyt bytch to start with, but the point is that nobody can control their spouse. They can certainly influence the direction of the relationship, but control it? No way.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't see how.
Read the OP

I can kinda see that, but really this is more about the type of person you are rather than a prenup itself.
Expecting a prenup usually indicates you are that type of person. Unless you are very wealthy which is a completely different story

Eh, ideally I'd marry a chick with some good financial sense who wouldn't take it personally. I mean I can see if I was like, "Hey I want you to sign this prenup with a clause that says if you get fat I get to dump you scott free." But that's not what we're talking about, it's just an agreement between two parties up front.

:manny:
Most people will take it personaly. Marriage is supposed to be forever no matter what. Signing a prenup is undermining that idea before it even starts. And the only reason you think you need a prenup is from looking at other people's relationships and projecting their failures into yours. It shows a lack of confidence on your part. You ar placing your lady in the same box as the chicks you wouldn't want. Why shouldn't she take offense to that?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because worrying about a prenup could make you miss out on a rewarding relationship. And having a prenup may make you less inclined to make that relationship work.

It's not worth it to add that extra baggage and doubt to your relationship unless you really have something to loose. Telling a chick "sign this prenup, cause you can't have none of my orange soda" just makes you look like an insecure a$$hole.

Financially speaking, if you're a halfway decent couple the money you had before marriage is not going to be shyt compared to the money you two will make together.

This is greater than orange soda. The typical black person with any type of wealth, worked their asses off to get there. They weren't left money in a trust fund or set up by their parents. They had to hustle and sacrifice. The idea of someone taking half your hustle, half your sacrfice is scary as fukk especially when you KNOW it won't be easy to make that money back.

You make a will to tell people how you want your assets divided after death, that doens't mean you try to die faster. You take on life insurance in the event that you die, again doesn't mean you want to die tomorrow. Preparing for the worse is not a horrible idea. If both people have assets to protect a pre-nup will be nothing for them to sign.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Read the OP

Expecting a prenup usually indicates you are that type of person. Unless you are very wealthy which is a completely different story

Most people will take it personaly. Marriage is supposed to be forever no matter what. Signing a prenup is undermining that idea before it even starts. And the only reason you think you need a prenup is from looking at other people's relationships and projecting their failures into yours. It shows a lack of confidence on your part. You ar placing your lady in the same box as the chicks you wouldn't want. Why shouldn't she take offense to that?

:manny: Agree to disagree I guess. Even if my wife didn't have shyt, I'd expect her to want a prenup just out of common sense. I'd be offended if she wanted a prenup which defined specific behaviors, "If you cheat..." etc but otherwise it's just a good idea.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually thats whats inspiring my views in the first place. I grew up in poverty...as I aged I accumulated a fair amount of wealth, assets, and toys. I found myself no more happier with wealth, than I did when I grew up poor, and if anything I appreciated much more when my environment was financially limited. Again, we are different people --- you orient your whole world around things --- I've learned, through my experiences that people make me happy.

It's not about orienting myself with things because I'm super cheap and buy what I need but being financially stable is different than buying "things" because you can afford them. Financial stability is important to me and I wouldn't want that in jeopardy because of a failed marriage.