Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
You have control over yourself. Saying "I do" means you will make it work FOREVER. Why even get married if you want an easy out?

If you told me there is a 50% chance of getting shot today I cant help but shop for body armor.

There are 50% divorces in the USA today. So i want protection, end of story, nothing anyone can tell me would make me change my mind.

Even if i get shot and I don't die, I'd rather prepare for a scenario in which i got shot..and DID die from bleedin out.

Likewise If i get divorced and wifey doesn't touch my assets, I'd rather prepare for the worst case scenario in which she cheats and comes for half my bread.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I'd throw her in the bushes just off the fact of her taking on medical school debt, taking tough classes, long nights of studying.........just to be a nurse :skip:

But nah, the broad in question is in it for cardiology

Yeah but her earning potential in the future might be greater than what he brings home from his trucking company. His company could fail or business could decline. IMO she has more to lose long term then he will. I'd sign it and specify we leave with what we came in with. She will leave with her good ass income and high student loans and he leaves with his business :jawalrus:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Financially speaking, if you're a halfway decent couple the money you had before marriage is not going to be shyt compared to the money you two will make together.

This is greater than orange soda. The typical black person with any type of wealth, worked their asses off to get there. They weren't left money in a trust fund or set up by their parents. They had to hustle and sacrifice. The idea of someone taking half your hustle, half your sacrfice is scary as fukk especially when you KNOW it won't be easy to make that money back.

You make a will to tell people how you want your assets divided after death, that doens't mean you try to die faster. You take on life insurance in the event that you die, again doesn't mean you want to die tomorrow. Preparing for the worse is not a horrible idea. If both people have assets to protect a pre-nup will be nothing for them to sign.

Assets from before the marriage aren't figured into the divorce. Assets earned during the marriage should belong to both parties.

You get car and life insurance because death and accidents are inevetable.

Marriage is supposed to be forever. Divorce is a decision not an accident.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lol.

Her: Baby lets get married. 'ok'

Her: Get me a ring! 'ok'

Her: Lets get a big wedding hall with 5K worth of flower arrangements 'ok'

Her: Take on my debt through this marraige. 'ok'

Her: Get us a nice house ' ok'

Him: Do one thing for me and sign this doc
:bryan: nikka hell no

What happened to marriage being a compromise?
:comeon: in this situation the prenup should be the least of your worries.

This is exactly the problem here. Dudes that sign up for a chick like this and get walked all over and divorced hit the Internet to spew the dangers of marriage. And people immediate believe his story about her just changing all of a sudden. Other people relationships shouldn't have any influence on how you handle your own.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
It's not about orienting myself with things because I'm super cheap and buy what I need but being financially stable is different than buying "things" because you can afford them. Financial stability is important to me and I wouldn't want that in jeopardy because of a failed marriage.

I feel like our convo is being unfocused now. Now you are making it seem like you're simply talking stability, and potential financial ruin coming from marriage, when thats an extreme example if both parties are contributing to the marriage. Divorce settlements are percentages, not punishments.

At any rate, the financial minutia isnt terribly interesting to me. I keep trying to bottom line my thoughts so people can understand where Im coming from. Things are replaceable --- love isnt. There is only so much pleasure I can derive out of looking lovingly at my stock options, financial instruments, and toys --- and no, its not because Im "broke", because I guarantee you that there are far more miserable people in this world with financial security and no love, than the other way around.

A prenup is a violation of marriage from where I sit, because you cant pre-plan a divorce, and enter into a lifelong commitment. The two ideas are incompatible, and again if you feel you need that as a defense, then you are thinking of marriage in the wrong way, and you're better off either waiting or staying single because you are not taking marriage seriously.

We just have a different value system. Thats all.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Yeah but her earning potential in the future might be greater than what he brings home from his trucking company. His company could fail or business could decline. IMO she has more to lose long term then he will. I'd sign it and specify we leave with what we came in with. She will leave with her good ass income and high student loans and he leaves with his business :jawalrus:

:bryan:

He spends most of his time doing freelance work as electrical engineer like I said before, so he'll be fine either way. The one thing he complains about is taxes and regulations that they have on the trucking industry.

My father is an owner-operator and owns his own truck and equipment as well. He only worked for 7 -8 months last year doing regional runs. He made $180,000 before taxes, but they make truckers pay an a$$ of taxes in every state they drive in

Either way, dude is sitting pretty with his business @ only 34. He doesn't drive anymore, all he has to do is go to the office every now and again to make sure they numbers are looking right

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
:bryan:

He spends most of his time doing freelance work as electrical engineer like I said before, so he'll be fine either way. The one thing he complains about is taxes and regulations that they have on the trucking industry.

My father is an owner-operator and owns his own truck and equipment as well. He only worked for 7 -8 months last year doing regional runs. He made $180,000 before taxes, but they make truckers pay an a$$ of taxes in every state they drive in

Either way, dude is sitting pretty.

Eh, okay.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the difference between ppl setting up a will or life insurance is because death is inevitable, divorce is not. Also, you don't choose to die, but you can choose to get married. If you worried about me coming for yours, then maybe you shouldn't be marrying me? Nobody is forcing you to get married.

That being said, though I hate prenups, if my bf asked me to sign one, I could be convinced into signing one. He does have parental assets to protect, and so will I. I just need to know that he's really in it for the long haul.

I also think that the way something is brought up is important too. All that stuff about threatening to embarrass her by cutting off the engagement, firing the wedding planner does not seem kosher to me. If I was her friend I would tell her to run for the hills. That reads as manipulative and controlling to me, and it will only get worse.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you told me there is a 50% chance of getting shot today I cant help but shop for body armor.

There are 50% divorces in the USA today. So i want protection, end of story, nothing anyone can tell me would make me change my mind.

Even if i get shot and I don't die, I'd rather prepare for a scenario in which i got shot..and DID die from bleedin out.

Likewise If i get divorced and wifey doesn't touch my assets, I'd rather prepare for the worst case scenario in which she cheats and comes for half my bread.

Those 50% divorce numbers are very misleading. First off the number is comparing marriages to divorces in any given year. So it's taking divorces from marriages that go back 30, 40, 50, years and comparing them to the marriages of one year. Add that to the fact that marriage rates are way down and you get the misleading 50% number. Also second third or fourth weddings areincluded in that number and they are like 10 times more likely to end in divorce.

So what you have here is all the risky fukked up marriages pulling down the responsible well thought out ones.

It's not as simple as saying 50% of people get shot. You'd have to add the caveat that 99% of those that got shot were engaged in risky behovior. So either you can go the responsible route and not engage in risky behavior or you can engage in the risky behavior and bring a vest with you. This is why people take offense to prenups because its admitting that you think your relationship is risky behavior before it even starts.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
The reason this analogy doesn't work is because one can't anticipate or prevent accidents. Which is why you buy the insurance.

But you have full control over your relationship and the descision to divorce.

No, you have full control over what YOU do in a relationship. Many things can change and alter the way you feel about your marriage or the person you're with.

You can try, but if worst comes to worse, you gotta look out for what's in your best interest in a potential fall out

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, you have full control over what YOU do in a relationship. Many things can change and alter the way you feel about your marriage or the person you're with.

You can try, but if worst comes to worse, you gotta look out for what's in your best interest in a potential fall out

If any of this is on your mind before you get married, then you shouldn't be getting married

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
if a female doesnt sign it then she was always after your money to begin with.
any woman secure in her own finances and truly loves you will sign.
if not throw that bytch in the bushes, and shoot her. :yeshrug:

If I was a woman, I would sign :yeshrug:

I would try to do everything to show I was a down ass bytch (no homo.....no homo again) and down for the relationship. So when girl's be on that :whoa: shyt, I already know their intentions.