Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a question.

If protecting your assets is so important. Then why even get married?

Because marriage is the best way to build generational wealth, breh.

Again, you guys are approaching this from the mindset that prenup = assumption of future failure and apathy towards that failure. It's a silly way of thinking.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because marriage is the best way to build generational wealth, breh.

Again, you guys are approaching this from the mindset that prenup = assumption of future failure and apathy towards that failure. It's a silly way of thinking.

Generational wealth should be split up equally between both parties. So why do to need a prenup again?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Generational wealth should be split up equally between both parties. So why do to need a prenup again?

In the case of divorce, I agree, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about assets that pre-date the marriage. Go back and read the thread breh.

Will2x

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got a question.

Because you want to start a family. Why should you have to choose between protecting what you had before marriage and having a family with full benefits?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In the case of divorce, I agree, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about assets that pre-date the marriage. Go back and read the thread breh.

:snoop:

You said marriages are needed to build generational wealth. So if you already have generational wealth why get married?

And one more time since you keep ignoring it. Assets gained before the marriage have nothing to do with divorce settlements. Unless you are a rich dude marrying a trophy wife. And in that case it lead back to my question of why get married in the first place

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I feel like our convo is being unfocused now. Now you are making it seem like you're simply talking stability, and potential financial ruin coming from marriage, when thats an extreme example if both parties are contributing to the marriage. Divorce settlements are percentages, not punishments.

At any rate, the financial minutia isnt terribly interesting to me. I keep trying to bottom line my thoughts so people can understand where Im coming from. Things are replaceable --- love isnt. There is only so much pleasure I can derive out of looking lovingly at my stock options, financial instruments, and toys --- and no, its not because Im "broke", because I guarantee you that there are far more miserable people in this world with financial security and no love, than the other way around.

A prenup is a violation of marriage from where I sit, because you cant pre-plan a divorce, and enter into a lifelong commitment. The two ideas are incompatible, and again if you feel you need that as a defense, then you are thinking of marriage in the wrong way, and you're better off either waiting or staying single because you are not taking marriage seriously.

We just have a different value system. Thats all.

You seem to have a very naive disposition. All that love talk is cool, BUT in the grand scheme of things, divorces and custody battles can get very nasty. How many couple have been "madly in love." Have been high school sweethearts, college sweethearts or just in love to the highest order. And all of a sudden people fall out of love, and the female gets half. I don't see why any man of means wouldn't want to protect himself or his assets.

Quesion: why do u have automobile insurance?
-why do u have renters insurance/home insurance?
-why do u wear a seatbelt?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

You said marriages are needed to build generational wealth. So if you already have generational wealth why get married?

And one more time since you keep ignoring it. Assets gained before the marriage have nothing to do with divorce settlements. Unless you are a rich dude marrying a trophy wife. And in that case it lead back to my question of why get married in the first place

I never said it was needed, I said marriage was the best way.

And if I named half a dozen examples, real life examples... people I know who weren't wealthy, where pre-marital assets were factored into the divorce, would you call me a liar, or would you take it into consideration? Would you expect me to ignore my own experience, breh?

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I think the difference between ppl setting up a will or life insurance is because death is inevitable, divorce is not. Also, you don't choose to die, but you can choose to get married. If you worried about me coming for yours, then maybe you shouldn't be marrying me? Nobody is forcing you to get married.

The pre-nup is not personal, it's practical. If a man or woman doesn't want to be with you in the first place, they would never even bother popping the question. If people knew that they would get divorced, they would never ask someone to marry them.

Things happen, people change and circumstances can leave you regretting not protecting yourself

Too many bi-polar people walking around to be 100% sure about anything

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
well for starters the brides fam typically pays for the wedding...and I love how you assume that major financial purchases will be made solely by him, but then again you somebody that seems like you got everything figured out in your own mind.

I bet money that when you start a successful business or get a nice investment portfolio going you're going to think twice about a pre-nup. You probably don't have shyt( no offense) so it's easy to talk that love shyt, but wait until you get a little money.

Even the female posters shytting on this nikka...

mj-laughing.gif

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
If any of this is on your mind before you get married, then you shouldn't be getting married

That's the thing; it's not a trust issue, it's all out of practicality and being rationale.

There is no way in hell I would even date someone I didn't trust. Again tho, you never know how vindictive a person can get if they get a certain way

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
I got a question.

That's a great question. Why do you think that love is something that you can and should write into a contract? Ever really think about what marriage is?

"Aw, baby, we're going pretty hot and heavy right now, we need to get the government in on this shyt with paperwork, lawyers, and judges. That's the romantic way to have this relationship progress. I've had it with the lack of paperwork. Let's make this happen!"

"Great! I can't wait until we're completely financially and emotionally vulnerable to each other's changes and such over the years, even though there's no real reason to be!"