Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Do u think every man knows that the woman is trifling?

Do u think that women can become trifling during a marriage?

Stop bringin up TMZ man? What does TMZ have to do with anything?

but feel me tho...you cant prenup your way outta her being the mother of your child...you cant prenup your way outta marrying into a family, and all the emotions that come with it. These should be bigger considerations than whether she might get a few of your stock options, and your used Kia.

Everybody always wanna put the lil bit of money first and foremost above everything.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but feel me tho...you cant prenup your way outta her being the mother of your child...you cant prenup your way outta marrying into a family, and all the emotions that come with it. These should be bigger considerations than whether she might get a few of your stock options, and your used Kia.

Everybody always wanna put the lil bit of money first and foremost above everything.

Good points.

TurboNégro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once again with this insurance line. Accidents are by nature unavoidable. Marriage and divorce are conscious decisions. Please stop comparing the two.

No, you can control your conduct but not the other persons. If you know a fullproof way to guarantee the other person will fulfill their obligations and not switch up on you then stop holding back and tell us.

TurboNégro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if you enter into relationship with a trifiling woman with little to speak of, and little to offer financially --- whether in present tense or in the future, then how can one be surprised by the results, which are things that you should consider before you enter into a marriage.

He is considering them, hence the prenup, just in case of future trifleness.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Nah, it's not about aligning with your partner, its about admitting that life happens and unless you talk about it, you'll never really know how they'll act in that situation.

It's not about making it a business deal, but it is a contract. Ignoring that fact would be foolish.

As far as people changing: we all change, as we're all growing. A basic tenant of marriage is the desire to grow together. As a team.
To your first paragraph: So you'll believe someone's word, but you won't trust them with your money/finances when their word involves your finances? Again, contradictory.

No ones ignoring the contract but to treat it like its wholistically that is stupid. What's the point of marrying the bytch if you gotta treat her like a stranger you're making a financial deal with?

And for the second time: people don't change. You're just not a good judge of character. There are always warning signs.

Anyway These threads are hilarious. You always got a whole bunch of people trying to act hard on something like marriage but if any of you believed the shyt you're typing you wouldn't want to get married anyway. You'd keep a girlfriend/boyfriend and keep it moving. Y'all wanna devalue the concept of love in the matter but if you we're about what you're typing, you wouldn't even be having the discussion.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
TurboNégro;3929942 said:
No, you can control your conduct but not the other persons. If you know a fullproof way to guarantee the other person will fulfill their obligations and not switch up on you then stop holding back and tell us.

There is no full proof way. But saying "I do" is supposed to be forever flaws and all. And in no way does a prenup compare to "insurance"

TurboNégro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've never once felt inclined to enter into a business deal on an hope that someone isn't a shady character.

Good for you, and I also doubt you've ever entered into a real business deal without a contract. Marriage is the ultimate "business deal" and binds you contractually according to the terms set by your relative government. What is the problem with adding to that contract?

TurboNégro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There is no full proof way. But saying "I do" is supposed to be forever flaws and all. And in no way does a prenup compare to "insurance"

Good you agree there is no foolproof way, and since there is no foolproof way it is wise to insure yourself. It is insurance, it is meant to ensure your assets and in turn the stability and quality of your life and future plans in case the union does not make it. If not insurance then what is it?

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
That's what "I do" means. FOREVER. If you don't like that idea then don't get married.

:snoop: This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read here in a while. People get divorced and need to protect themselves. If you really think that marriage always means forever, you need to have your head examined.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Basicallt, "I don't have anything to combat what you've typed so let me just type irrelevant, side banter". Just keep quiet and move on dude. :laugh:

It's not my fault that you don't have anything to respond to. If you really think that people don't change or that your projection about simping doesn't make you completely laughable or the fact that you've been called out multiple times over bullshyt on this forum hasn't hurt your credibility, there isn't much else to really say to you.

:manny:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
No, I would utilize common sense and the fact that I also know a bunch of people who didn't get divorced.

I tend to put my personal experience over statistics because stats often don't take demographics into account, but that's just me.

What do you mean by the bolded?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only thing i disagree with dude is that if you're gonna propose to a chick, i feel like you should already have shared with her how you feel about prenups and you should make sure she feels the same way before asking her to marry you.

other than that, dude is right in not compromising on this if he really feels like this.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
TurboNégro;3930199 said:
Good you agree there is no foolproof way, and since there is no foolproof way it is wise to insure yourself. It is insurance, it is meant to ensure your assets and in turn the stability and quality of your life and future plans in case the union does not make it. If not insurance then what is it?

Again divorce is a choice. You buy insurance for things you have no control over. You have control over the decision to get married, you have control over the decision to fix a marriage, and you have control over the decision to get a divorce. Prenup is not insurance it's an escape hatch. A prenup can be compared to signing a clause that would let you out of your car loan if times got tough.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you mean by the bolded?

Example, if I said 50% of marriages end in divorce, you don't know how that would impact your life because it doesn't say...

50% of marriages end in divorce after 30 years...
or
50% of marriages end in divorce in interracial marriages.

The number doesn't really mean much w/o context.

Like if you had pancreatic cancer, which even with early detection has a 14% survival rate after 5 years, your doctor could tell you that you have a 40% chance of re-occurence after 5 years. Technically, that'd be true, because 40% re-occurence is an accurate stat for ALL cancers over 5 years.

Same concept. 50% of marriages end in divorce doesn't really tell me much about my potential situation.

I feel like I didn't make any sense.