Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop: This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read here in a while. People get divorced and need to protect themselves. If you really think that marriage always means forever, you need to have your head examined.

:dwillhuh:The preacher says "till death do you part" and you say "I do"

If you don't like that idea then don't get married.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Preacher? Really? The preacher? We're gonna go with what a preacher says as the end-all source for truth? :aicmon:

It's not the end all source. But if you don't agree with the religous or spiritual reasons of getting married. And you don't agree with the legal ramifications of getting married, then why do you want to get married?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Example, if I said 50% of marriages end in divorce, you don't know how that would impact your life because it doesn't say...

50% of marriages end in divorce after 30 years...
or
50% of marriages end in divorce in interracial marriages.

The number doesn't really mean much w/o context.

Like if you had pancreatic cancer, which even with early detection has a 14% survival rate after 5 years, your doctor could tell you that you have a 40% chance of re-occurence after 5 years. Technically, that'd be true, because 40% re-occurence is an accurate stat for ALL cancers over 5 years.

Same concept. 50% of marriages end in divorce doesn't really tell me much about my potential situation.

I feel like I didn't make any sense.

I get what you are saying. I was just wondering. People shouldn't let stats dictate their life. They are just a broad picture that may or may not speak to you. As far as marriages, there are specific stats for every different type of couple (ages, races/interracial, and etc) but they are still just generalizations that actually can be useful when you know what type of marriage fails the most (really young, financially unstable, and etc.).

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
It's not the end all source. But if you don't agree with the religous or spiritual reasons of getting married. And you don't agree with the legal ramifications of getting married, then why do you want to get married?

I want to get married? When did I say that?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
There is no full proof way. But saying "I do" is supposed to be forever flaws and all. And in no way does a prenup compare to "insurance"

You are totally missing the point :snoop: You have this naive "fairytale" "white picket fence" "knight and shining armor" rescuing his beautiful bride away on his white horse perfect marriage disposition. You need to be aware of the ugly side of a marriage and there is nothing wrong with protecting your assets.

Question: Do you think that Deion Sanders and Ruben Studdard made good decisions by makin their wives sign pre-nups or do u think it was a bad decision?

(Note: Both Deion and Ruben are divorced)

TurboNégro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A prenup can be compared to signing a clause that would let you out of your car loan if times got tough.

The omitted is false and this is also. A prenup can be compared to GAAP insurance that would give you money towards a down payment for a new car in case you crash your car.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
:snoop: This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read here in a while. People get divorced and need to protect themselves. If you really think that marriage always means forever, you need to have your head examined.

A marriage does mean forever...now whether other couples have chosen to fulfill that commitment is another thing all together.

You see a lot of responses in this thread, and its easy to see why. People comparing a prenup to insurance...well, you dont have sex and say I love you to your insurance premium. You dont have kids with your business partners. Again, in this corporatized society we have turned love into an arraignment, and people into objects.

Seems like in this case in the OP, a dude is willing to throw a great girl and relationship in the bushes, in order to not come across as a "simp" to his boys, and because of all the bullsht he reads on the internet. I have a feeling its going to be an action hes gunna regret deeply later on in life.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are totally missing the point :snoop: You have this naive "fairytale" "white picket fence" "knight and shining armor" rescuing his beautiful bride away on his white horse perfect marriage disposition. You need to be aware of the ugly side of a marriage and there is nothing wrong with protecting your assets.

Question: Do you think that Deion Sanders and Ruben Studdard made good decisions by makin their wives sign pre-nups or do u think it was a bad decision?

(Note: Both Deion and Ruben are divorced)

:snoop:

"Don't talk about TMZ" then proceeds to ask me about marriages you only know about due to TMZ.

Has nothing to do with fairy tales or white pocket fences. If you responsibly pick a mate and fulfill your part of the agreement. Divorce is not much of a worry. Divorce happens to people who get married for the wrong reasons or who don't hold up their end of the bargain.

You have this TMZ view of marriage where women are taking men for a bunch of money and dudes need prenups to protect themselves cause they marrying broke ass nothing bytches cause they look good.

Real life isn't like that. Alimony is a very rare occurrence and prenups aren't needed

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
TurboNégro;3930493 said:
The omitted is false and this is also. A prenup can be compared to GAAP insurance that would give you money towards a down payment for a new car in case you crash your car.

Nah. One more time. Marriage or divorce are not accidents and they aren't inevitable. Insurance is for inevitable accidents.

TurboNégro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. One more time. Marriage or divorce are not accidents and they aren't inevitable. Insurance is for inevitable accidents.

Everybody who drives is going to have an car accident? Everybody who has renters insurance is going to be robbed? Everybody who gets a prenup is going to divorce?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:snoop:

"Don't talk about TMZ" then proceeds to ask me about marriages you only know about due to TMZ.

Has nothing to do with fairy tales or white pocket fences. If you responsibly pick a mate and fulfill your part of the agreement. Divorce is not much of a worry. Divorce happens to people who get married for the wrong reasons or who don't hold up their end of the bargain.

You have this TMZ view of marriage where women are taking men for a bunch of money and dudes need prenups to protect themselves cause they marrying broke ass nothing bytches cause they look good.

Real life isn't like that. Alimony is a very rare occurrence and prenups aren't needed

Good job dancin around my point. I knew u would start moonwalkin. Could give u example of normal people that I kno that have been afected finacialy abt divore, but u and Nobammerweed will find away to defend not gettin a prenup :snoop: