Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
:usure: People don't change over the course of many, many years?

People don't change, more often than not. People just choose to ignore character flaws/difference.

Once refused to get into a relationship with a chick because her LSAT scores were too low. Most guys would still stay with her, but in my mind, she was a bum, had no drive, and was ok with settling for things. Not to mention the schools she could get into would never (more than likely) place her where I wanted to be financially.

First, a prenup protects you from more than just a "trifiling" person. Even a good hearted person may believe that they're entitled to more than you think they're entitled to. A prenup clears that air.

Secondly, there's nothing idiotic/contradictory about admitting you're not omniscient and the future holds uncertainties that are out of your control and hedging yourself accordingly. That's just the prudent thing to do.

Marriage is a contract. In every other contract we all seem to think it's prudent to define what happens if the stipulations aren't met, why is this any different?
You're whole first paragraph alludes to you not aligning with your partner but still choosing to be with them anyway. Lol.

Here's the problem with your second and third paragraph,: not to sound corny, but your whole shtick here is completely devoid of the concept of love or even like. You can make a business deal with someone you don't like. I doubt you would do that with marriage.

If you want to make a business deal fine, if you want to get married you might want to think differently. Don't fight hard for something you're prob not built for.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
so all you niqqas that are cheerleading this move, I have a question: Are ya'll gunna hold this niqqa down and keep him warm at night when this relationship falls apart, and nobody is there to pick up the pieces once he realizes he made a stupid mistake?

You gonna cuddle with him when she leaves his ass in a year and half his money is gone and his business is in the bushes?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
maybe you should worry more about what you write, and less about jackie chan smileys...this is what you said:

So in order for this premise to work, the woman would have to enter into the relationship with little to speak of, and earn next to nothing during the relationship, which is typical of trophy wives and not normal relationships where both contribute. Thats how women "take half". Thats the tmz world.

So again, I will REPEAT...if you enter into relationship with a trifiling woman with little to speak of, and little to offer financially --- whether in present tense or in the future, then how can one be surprised by the results, which are things that you should consider before you enter into a marriage.

Do u think every man knows that the woman is trifling?

Do u think that women can become trifling during a marriage?

Stop bringin up TMZ man? What does TMZ have to do with anything?

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
People don't change, more often than not. People just choose to ignore character flaws/difference.

Once refused to get into a relationship with a chick because her LSAT scores were too low. Most guys would still stay with her, but in my mind, she was a bum, had no drive, and was ok with settling for things. Not to mention the schools she could get into would never (more than likely) place her where I wanted to be financially.

:mjpls: Okay, you go on believing that. Also, I love the stories that you have to share on the internet. :jawalrus:

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Without hesitation.

I don't care if u make 100,000 or 30,000 a year.. u protect ur damn self.

I'm tired of seeing these men walking around paying alimony payment for b!tch he's no longer with and she spending your money on some other dude..

and what if the other dude was a n!gga u know.. u paying this n!gga while he sleeping in your bed, eating your food and spraying juice in your ex face..

SMARTENUPN!GGAS

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again, a friend of mine, so I do know (to an extent) what was going on in their lives. I do know (to an extent) what went on in the courtroom, my friend's father, upon hearing that he would have to pay alimony, got pissed, started yelling at the judge, refused to pay, said he would just quit his job, almost was found in contempt. My dad had to take him out and talk him down.

And your assertion of "how can you say that when you don't know." negro do you have personal experiences with all the situations you're digging up here? Have you experienced the 85% of divorce proceedings that haven't resulted in alimony, or are you reading stats off a website? You need to get your mind right. I'm sitting here relaying real-life examples, you're quoting talking points from some website. Get real.
It's funny how statistics are valid when talking about the 50% divorce rate, but not when talking about other things.

If I combated the 50% divorce rate by saying "I know a bunch of people who didn't get divorced" would you accept that as a disproval of the statistic?

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny how statistics are valid when talking about the 50% divorce rate, but not when talking about other things.

If I combated the 50% divorce rate by saying "I know a bunch of people who didn't get divorced" would you accept that as a disproval of the statistic?

No, I would utilize common sense and the fact that I also know a bunch of people who didn't get divorced.

I tend to put my personal experience over statistics because stats often don't take demographics into account, but that's just me.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
:mjpls: Okay, you go on believing that. Also, I love the stories that you have to share on the internet. :jawalrus:

Basicallt, "I don't have anything to combat what you've typed so let me just type irrelevant, side banter". Just keep quiet and move on dude. :laugh:

:laugh: That's cold-blooded breh. Reminds me of a post where a dude said he couldn't fukk with a chick cause her cell phone plan was ass.

shyt, that's real though. She got other things she should be focusing on instead of a relationship. :yeshrug: Priorities fukked up.

Daps
You're whole first paragraph alludes to you not aligning with your partner but still choosing to be with them anyway. Lol.

Nah, it's not about aligning with your partner, its about admitting that life happens and unless you talk about it, you'll never really know how they'll act in that situation.

Here's the problem with your second and third paragraph,: not to sound corny, but your whole shtick here is completely devoid of the concept of love or even like. You can make a business deal with someone you don't like. I doubt you would do that with marriage.

If you want to make a business deal fine, if you want to get married you might want to think differently. Don't fight hard for something you're prob not built for.

It's not about making it a business deal, but it is a contract. Ignoring that fact would be foolish.

As far as people changing: we all change, as we're all growing. A basic tenant of marriage is the desire to grow together. As a team.