Would you throw your fiance in the bushes if she refused to sign dat nup?!?!

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
1. A pre-nup shouldn't be an ultimatum. A man shouldn't even ask a woman to marry him if they haven't discussed it in detail WELL before a ring is given.

2. If during the discussion one person is totally for pre-nups and the other is not, then they probably need to attend pre-marital counseling to settle that. Maybe they discover marriage is not best for them if it's something they can't agree on.

Certain conversations need to be had early on and not when you're about to make the ultimate committment to each other.

:lawd: This is how adults should handle the situation.

Daps
First off this is an Internet myth. People don't just decide they don't like each other anymore. There is usualy a glaring issue that has always been there, and it was ignored until it got too bad. Second if they just decide they don't love you and you haven't done anything to warrant that decision, then they won't be awarded alimony.

It's a myth cuz you say so? :rudy:

But I don't wanna get bogged down in that debate, say their kid gets killed tragically and that leads to the divorce, thaa's not a conscious decision by either party.

And prenup's do more than just cover potential alimony.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's true, nonetheless your assertion of...

...has been proven false in this case.

No it hasn't. How can you say that when you don't know about these people lives or what was talked about in the courtroom? You are combating written and enforced laws with personal expierinces that you didn't even expierince yourself.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
You shouldn't ignore divorce statistics, you should better understand them

:shaq2:Well break 'em down and tell me how what I'm missing. Numbers are there, and then there's numerous reasons for the numbers......still doesn't change anything.

Having AAA on deck will also make you more inclined to call them than to fix the problem yourself

I've had AAA since I've been driving, but I've never even called them. Hell I even forget I have it sometimes because I know my way around a vehicle, doesn't mean it'll never come in handy

And it's not like if you DON'T have a prenup or AAA, a divorce or a breakdown won't happen, you'll just be better prepared if it does

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Naw not calling you a liar. I'm saying you got bad intelligence. Kinda like G.W.

I think you're hearing things I'm not saying.

I never said that 100% of the people who I know got divorced ended up with the man getting fleeced, I just said I know of about a half dozen cases where premarital assets were taken into account during divorce proceedings. It's really not that hard to fathom, is it?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We've talked about this a million times before.

My stance on prenups: If we (as in my future fiancé and I) are going to get a prenup it will be negotiated by BOTH of our attorneys WAYYYY before the wedding. No one is going to spring one on me the day before the wedding and I have to scramble to get someone to read it. We will simply be calling off the wedding until we can get things settled (no one is going to screw me over under the guise that they are protecting themselves). I'm not coming to the table empty handed either so it's really whatever.

I am against prenups (or divorce settlement in general) that are meant to "stick it to" one person (the man or the woman).

:leon:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's a myth cuz you say so? :rudy:

But I don't wanna get bogged down in that debate, say their kid gets killed tragically and that leads to the divorce, thaa's not a conscious decision by either party.

And prenup's do more than just cover potential alimony.

The divorce is the decision. Not the accident.

And what else do prenups protect?

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Youre the only one talking in extremes.

Why cant a VP at a F500 firm or an Engineer...both who make lets say 130K base salary, with an amazing pension plan and stock option bonuses and such get with a social worker who only makes 40K a year? why should he discriminate if he happens to really like that girl?

After that...if they split...why must all the things that he mostly earned or contributed to be split in half? It's unfair. I bet a lot of you dudes would have no problem if a girl asked for a prenup because she was richer than her dude...but if a guy wants one hes planning for failure.

Come on.

Without even looking at actual numbers, I'd say 10-20% of single earners make over 100k by themselves, if that...yet you're the one talking about "extremes".

Your example is one where the man is making over three times that of his spouse --- we already established that things are situational, and that when financial considerations are measurable for one person over another, then protection is probably in order...but that is hardly the norm.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think you're hearing things I'm not saying.

I never said that 100% of the people who I know got divorced ended up with the man getting fleeced, I just said I know of about a half dozen cases where premarital assets were taken into account during divorce proceedings. It's really not that hard to fathom, is it?

Yes because alimony is awarded in very rare cases. And premarital assets being a part of that are even more rare. You and your expierinces are a statistical anomaly.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it hasn't. How can you say that when you don't know about these people lives or what was talked about in the courtroom? You are combating written and enforced laws with personal expierinces that you didn't even expierince yourself.

Again, a friend of mine, so I do know (to an extent) what was going on in their lives. I do know (to an extent) what went on in the courtroom, my friend's father, upon hearing that he would have to pay alimony, got pissed, started yelling at the judge, refused to pay, said he would just quit his job, almost was found in contempt. My dad had to take him out and talk him down.

And your assertion of "how can you say that when you don't know." negro do you have personal experiences with all the situations you're digging up here? Have you experienced the 85% of divorce proceedings that haven't resulted in alimony, or are you reading stats off a website? You need to get your mind right. I'm sitting here relaying real-life examples, you're quoting talking points from some website. Get real.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:usure: People don't change over the course of many, many years?

Hell yeah they do!

shyt, what if a dude becomes a dope fiend or makes some bad business investments and we end up in a shyt load of debt. So as a couple we're broke but as a divorced woman I can still have a life outside of this marriage.

Daps
The divorce is the decision. Not the accident.

And what else do prenups protect?

Assets. My definition of alimony may be wrong, but I've always taken that to be a monthly stipend an ex-spouse receives to maintain a certain level of living.

You said "people don't just fall out of love, there's something that causes it" so rather than argue with you over that (though I disagree) I gave you a cause that's out of their control.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:shaq2:Well break 'em down and tell me how what I'm missing. Numbers are their, and then there's numerous reasons for the numbers......still doesn't change anything.
Most divorces occur outside of court. And only about 11% of all divorces end in alimony. And marriages with a prenup are more likely to end in divorce.

I've had AAA since I've been driving, but I've never even called them. Hell I even forget I have it sometimes because I know my way around a vehicle, doesn't mean it'll never come in handy

And it's not like if you DON'T have a prenup or AAA, a divorce or a breakdown won't happen, you'll just be better prepared if it does
In this case having a prenup increases your chance of a breakdown.