Would you consider Aborigines black?

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If black Americans weren't robbed of our history, I doubt we would identify as merely "black" either.

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
All these non-blacks giving me that work :whew:

im kidding, DAMN!

Thats ALL Im saying.
People in this thread can play dumb, like they just have no idea what Im talking about if they want to. but Ive been hit with:

"Im not black, Im Dominican :scust:
"Im not black Im bi-racial :scust:
"Black is not a race, its just a color :scust: Im *insert ethnicity here* both on and offline plenty of time

If someone is't African American, I don't assume because sometimes we DO catch hell for it.
Tell me Im lying :stopitslime:

You black Americans have this weird way of thinking that you're the only group of black people who've been affected by white supremacy... :snoop: You don't think the same indoctrination that you've experienced at the hands of these devils isn't the exact same reason why these non-AA blacks distance themselves from "blackness"?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not a half truth. You just admitted that all of those different nationalities unite under the tribe of "white". None of those different nationalities go at it alone. They all work in concert with each other. You're saying that blacks should do the opposite. You're saying that people of African descent shouldn't see themselves as one "black" race with a common interest like whites do, and see themselves as individual nationalities/ethnicities instead. For centuries this is the kind of thinking that whites have bred into those classified as blacks.

there's no issue with those of african descent uniting under a black power structure. i have a problem with black americans (direct descendants of american slavery) being misclassified by other groups--be it half-white people, or someone born in africa.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
a jamaican is jamaican first, a nigerian is nigerian first, a ghanaian is ghanian first. it's mainly black people in america that dentify generally as "black"

It's redundant to say "a Black Nigerian", but that doesn't mean we (Africans and West Indians) don't consider ourselves black. You don't exactly see people identifying as "yellow Chinese" or "Asian Korean", but even though they know they're racially Asian they don't bother because it's self evident. America is very racially diverse so the "hyphenated American" phenomenon is actually necessary to specify someone racially. Also, a lot of Americans never travel, so when talking among yourselves (like most conversations in this forum for example) you're bound to use "black" and not "black American" because it's assumed everyone in the room is American (again the redundancy thing).

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's cool, but you aren't American you're African. I know that fact makes you boil inside but you're just going to have to live with that. Unless you're an indigenous Indian the land you currently reside on does NOT belong to you.

what particular land in africa are we entitled to?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's redundant to say "a Black Nigerian", but that doesn't mean we (Africans and West Indians) don't consider ourselves black. You don't exactly see people identifying as "yellow Chinese" or "Asian Korean", but even though they know they're racially Asian they don't bother because it's self evident. America is very racially diverse so the "hyphenated American" phenomenon is actually necessary to specify someone racially. Also, a lot of Americans never travel, so when talking among yourselves (like most conversations in this forum for example) you're bound to use "black" and not "black American" because it's assumed everyone in the room is American (again the redundancy thing).

but if its all about blackness, why would you refer to yourself as nigerian at all? shouldn't it just be "black" ?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How are they not black?

They migrated from Africa to Australia.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If an African American was to go Jamaica, Ghana, or Nigeria, then he/she would be American first

i know, that's my point--that's exactly my point. we wouldn't be able to go over there and suddenly become representatives of the land. so why do they have that access in the black community (in US) :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
X
Where is the insult? We're talking plain facts here unless you think most AA's know exactly which African country they come from.

You're taking my words and you're looking to be offended for no reason. Very bizarre behaviour.

Now you're being facetious in addition to immature. A reminder of what your wrote:
Us Africans already know that we are black, we just tend to be more nationalistic because we're proud of where we come from...

I know its a strange concept for AA's since most of yall don't know your country of origin but this is how we roll over here

The implication that African Americans don't understand nationalism is quite frankly idiotic, so I assume you were being childish and taking a cheap shot rather than being aggressively ignorant.

I don't need to know which countries my ancestors oriented from in Africa or elsewhere to be proud. As a child I thought I needed to know, hated that I didn't know and that was largely due to the fact that white Americans and various races of foreigners repeated a narrative that I had no culture and was born to a lost people. Now that I'm older I know the truth. I'm proud of who I am and where I came from. My ancestors built this nation and it's mine as flawed as it may be. I'm an African American, we have our own language, our own religions, our own music, our own aesthetic, our own history, our own ills and hurdles.

So yeah, I'm ethnocentric. Our culture is a nation, as far as I'm concerned. @IllmaticDelta :youngsabo:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What particular land in America are you entitled to if you're not an indigenous Indian?

i don't believe i'm entitled into any land. you're the one implying there's land AAs are neglected in africa, just waiting on us to assume rightful ownership. lets just role with your plan. there's 50 million of us ready to relocate, where are we going?