Would you consider Aborigines black?

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
my family hasn't existed in africa for at least 4 generations, what the fukk do i have in common with africans? do i speak any of the languages? do i adhere to any african culture? what gives me the right to claim african, when everything about my existence is american.

i hate to sound cacish, but if y'all love africa so damn much, why are y'all living in america?

The majority of your family thousands of years existence has been spent on the continent, but you want to erase those thousands of years for four-hundred something years in America? Where you brought against your will? Your DNA is literally comprised of Africans stemming back 100,000+ years but you're American? nikka are you crazy? :snoop:

I hope you're not one of those blacks who thinks their going to achieve sovereignty while living in the white man's country. Let me just tell you this right now bruh, that's NEVER, EVER going to happen. So you better learn to "love africa".

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Is "black" not mostly used to describe african americans? :lupe:
I thought "black" wasn't a race or nationality, like the genes that make you "black" are African genes, and the word "black" was just a simplified way for saying that

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Science still does not have a great understanding of Dna genetics other than who's the father

Other than their hair the original aboriginials not their admixed children have black features a long with skin tone

Superficially so. They have a very different bone structure and nose shape compared to Africans which is obvious to me, and their eyes look more like South Asian peoples'

it's funny, when we all see other groups distance themselves from "american black" by referring to nationality first, i never see you posters speaking out.

yet, when i as a black american, distance myself from being lumped in every other black ethnic group, there's a problem :jbhmm:

No, you took it a step further by saying other African descended people aren't black, or aren't considered black which is a bold faced lie. I know, and also don't care that you dislike Africans/other blacks.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The majority of your family thousands of years existence has been spent on the continent, but you want to erase those thousands of years for four-hundred something years in America? Where you brought against your will? Your DNA is literally comprised of Africans stemming back 100,000+ years but you're American? nikka are you crazy? :snoop:

I hope you're not one of those blacks who thinks their going to achieve sovereignty while living in the white man's country. Let me just tell you this right now bruh, that's NEVER, EVER going to happen. So you better learn to "love africa".
meanwhile, many africans would sell their first born to get citizenship over here in america.

the labor of our ancestors helped build this country, and regardless of how cacs feel about it, it's just as much my land as it is their land.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, you took it a step further by saying other African descended people aren't black, or aren't considered black which is a bold faced lie. I know, and also don't care that you dislike Africans/other blacks.

a jamaican is jamaican first, a nigerian is nigerian first, a ghanaian is ghanian first. it's mainly black people in america that dentify generally as "black"

Gravity

Banned
Daps
this is a half truth, its like saying all americans italians, germans, jews, irish, accept eachother as members of the tribe, when they dont. just like koreans, japanese, chinese don't accept eachother as a part of the tribe.

now under the umbrella of general whiteness against other ethnic groups, you're right; they stick together. which is why i said african americans being labeled as black needs changing, because we're still our own tribe--and no, your half white people still dont belong in the group either.
It's not a half truth. You just admitted that all of those different nationalities unite under the tribe of "white". None of those different nationalities go at it alone. They all work in concert with each other. You're saying that blacks should do the opposite. You're saying that people of African descent shouldn't see themselves as one "black" race with a common interest like whites do, and see themselves as individual nationalities/ethnicities instead. For centuries this is the kind of thinking that whites have bred into those classified as blacks.

Daps
It's funny how you don't see that you're now being as insulting to African Americans as a lot of us stereotype/make African out to be? This is why we can't have nice things.

I stick with my group and you stick with yours:francis:

Where is the insult? We're talking plain facts here unless you think most AA's know exactly which African country they come from.

You're taking my words and you're looking to be offended for no reason. Very bizarre behaviour.

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
meanwhile, many africans would sell their first born to get citizenship over here in america.

the labor of our ancestors helped build this country, and regardless of how cacs feel about it, it's just as much my land as it is their land.

That's cool, but you aren't American you're African. I know that fact makes you boil inside but you're just going to have to live with that. Unless you're an indigenous Indian the land you currently reside on does NOT belong to you.

Daps
i consider myself black american, not african. why would i want to go there, when they're drowning themselves trying to get over western civilization

most of you dudes would be begging for a white american, if you were randomly dropped off in africa. y'all need to stop deluding yourself with these back to africa fantasies, most of you will never go back to live in an african country.

my family hasn't existed in africa for at least 4 generations, what the fukk do i have in common with africans? do i speak any of the languages? do i adhere to any african culture? what gives me the right to claim african, when everything about my existence is american.

i hate to sound cacish, but if y'all love africa so damn much, why are y'all living in america?

@Barnett114 what poster class is he?

:laff::laff::laff: Class of 2012 posters yall:laff::laff::laff:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Roughly 50%. Really any percentage is better than 0% like Aborigines (self evident).

They are literally as "black" as white people, Asians, Amerindians, Polynesians.

Tell me, Ghost Utmost, what makes a person "black"? Skin color :heh:? I guess this isn't a black person:

article-0-0CDAE01F00000578-796_468x346.jpg

This was my favorite quote from my Google Fu

"As far as Africans are concerned, the Australian Aborigines, Trobian Islanders and Melasesians are all part of the protohistoric African Diaspora. However, what we have is not a mere migration of people to Australia but a wide 'Black belt' that circled the tropical, subtropical and temperate zones even before the 'evolution' of African migrants to Europe and Asia and the gradual change due to climatic adaptation into Caucasiod and Mongolod (sic) 'races'."

To explain my point of view: I just rock with the common definition of "niqqa" from around my way. There are real light skinned to deep brown people there and every single one is "black" if they have any hint of African features. Even the pimp "White Folks" would qualify as long as we knew his moms was a sista. How do we look already being disenfranchised and despised trying to further separate ourselves into sub groups of outcasts? Whatever kind of internal politics we come up with, all of us have the same difficulty with larger society. So that's the essence of it. Not a scientific study, but a cultural societal distiction.

As for this particular topic. I see what you mean about Aborigines splitting off from Africa longer ago than the groups that became Europeans and Asians, but they walked straight out of Africa to Australia (as fast as something like that can occur). The other groups stayed still in Europe etc that they changed to a dissimilar looking form. The Aborigine made it to a climate that basically allowed them to keep alot of the African features - most noticibly skin color.

Either way: race itself became so important because some groups want to isolate themselves and mistreat others based on racial charictaristics. These people are a$$holes and fukc them.

The rest of us if we have any common sense would band together as whatever we want to label ourselves and work against the system set up to exclude us. It's not a scientific thing as much as a social construct. So I accept Obama, Halle, Malcolm X, Tiger, whoever wants to be down.

And the albino is black to me cause he has nappy hair and facial features that I recognize as such. Being real light skinned doesn't disqualify you in my schema.

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
They get berated by who?

Forget what you've heard outside of America, question is have you even been outside of America? :sodomites:

You're making this up.. no we do not "prefer" to identify by tribe/culture/nationality. Us Africans already know that we are black, we just tend to be more nationalistic because we're proud of where we come from , so you're damn right I'm gonna be on the frontline telling everybody that I am Team243 all day everyday :sodomites: . Unless of course you have a problem with Africans identfying by tribes and thus showing the world how diverse Africa is :theauthority:

I know its a strange concept for AA's since most of yall don't know your country of origin but this is how we roll over here :theauthority:

All these non-blacks giving me that work :whew:

im kidding, DAMN!
I reserve the term for people with significant (noteable through family lineage and visible in terms of featues) African ancestry who identify as black. Blackness tends to have a varied meaning for African Americans, though, often a mixture of phenotype, political and practical. So @endlesslyidle is right to a degree, we do sometimes catch it for calling people black who are of African ancestry but don't identify as such.
Happened to me 1st time in Junior HS, the girl looked black and had brown skin where mine is very light. I thought, if I know I'm black then so does she. She hit me with :scusthov: and said "I'm not black :scust:I'm Panamanian". I tried to explain that that was her nationality not her race and she got mad:pacspit:.

Thats ALL Im saying.
People in this thread can play dumb, like they just have no idea what Im talking about if they want to. but Ive been hit with:

"Im not black, Im Dominican :scust:
"Im not black Im bi-racial :scust:
"Black is not a race, its just a color :scust: Im *insert ethnicity here* both on and offline plenty of time

If someone is't African American, I don't assume because sometimes we DO catch hell for it.
Tell me Im lying :stopitslime: