Would you consider Aborigines black?

MrTibbs

Rookie
Daps
if we're being real they are more closely related to pacific islanders than us like tongans, hawaiians, samoans etc
I was thinking the same thing...are cats really trying to say that Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka is black?
wwf-snuka-real.jpg

Or what about other Fijins?
th

I get what some are saying, appearence wise it's confusing for some, but her DNA would say something else.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's the concept of "blackness". The term "black" spread along with it's black consciousness which is why it was different from the european/white term "negro".

Marcus Garvey was using the term black, and preaching black empowerment in 1923. Keep in mind though, that the term "black", not the concept of black consciousness was what I was arguing.

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Hes an admixture and his features are not as profound as aborinals and black people also not very as the aborginals who are not mixed the natives

Most of people from the pics posted look south east Asian or like some mixed Hispanic

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
This is what you said though:

Melanesians look a variation of one of those faces above. By your own rationalization they are black.
ok scratch what i said before since yall wanna be anal, if we do a blood test/dna test and they don't match that of blacks then they are not black:stopitslime:
I was thinking the same thing...are cats really trying to say that Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka is black?
wwf-snuka-real.jpg

Or what about other Fijins?
th

I get what some are saying, appearence wise it's confusing for some, but her DNA would say something else.
these nikka are playing games man, seriosuly this shyt isn't that hard:mindblown:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Phenotype a are one thing...what that genotype saying though? :usure:

This is why some people consider the concept of race stupid.

When you see another person you assume to be black, are you basing it off phenotypical cues or based off of genetics?

"Like ayo my nikka I'm saying though, you say you black, but what's that genotype saying? :ohhh:".

What about "high-yellow" people who can pass for white but consider themselves black? What about a person that is phenotypically black but might be genetically more white than black?

Those Melanesian people could fit in anywhere as black from Africa to the Caribbean and even in the US.

9f87395665523d2f6656126d64d3d21e.jpg

MrTibbs

Rookie
Daps
This is why some people consider the concept of race stupid.

When you see another person you assume to be black, are you basing it off phenotypical cues or based off of genetics?

"Like ayo my nikka I'm saying though, you say you black, but what's that genotype saying? :ohhh:".

What about "high-yellow" people who can pass for white but consider themselves black? What about a person that is phenotypically black but might be genetically more white than black?

Those Melanesian people could fit in anywhere as black from Africa to the Caribbean and even in the US.

9f87395665523d2f6656126d64d3d21e.jpg
But the key difference here is that with High yellas, redbones etc they actually have West African DNA albeit with significant admixture.

Fijins, Melanisians, Micronesian's, Hawaiians etc have no African DNA (atleast not any more than any other group).

On the outside, alot of them are indistinguishable, DNA wise though they have more in common with other Asian groups without a trace of African ancestry.

Technically, the average white person in the US has a better chance of having "black" DNA by comparison. Whites have an estimate of something like 4% or less on average.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
ok scratch what i said before since yall wanna be anal, if we do a blood test/dna test and they don't match that of blacks then they are not black:stopitslime:

these nikka are playing games man, seriosuly this shyt isn't that hard:mindblown:

Then stick to a point and stop fence-sitting. You can't say it's based off of morphological traits and then turn around and say that it's based off of genetics. It's either one or the other.

And what constitutes a black person genetically since you've changed your tune. Is it at least 50% black DNA? :ohhh:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
But the key difference here is that with High yellas, redbones etc they actually have West African DNA albeit with significant admixture.

Fijins, Melanisians, Micronesian's, Hawaiians etc have no African DNA (atleast not any more than any other group).

On the outside, alot of them are indistinguisable, DNA wise though they have more in common with other Asian groups without a trace of African ancestry.

So tell me what genetically would constitute a black person in your opinion?

What percentage is the cut-off point for blackness? :ohhh:

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Then stick to a point and stop fence-sitting. You can't say it's based off of morphological traits and then turn around and say that it's based off of genetics. It's either one or the other.

And what constitutes a black person genetically since you've changed your tune. Is it at least 50% black DNA? :ohhh:
yall really wanna play this game, if forensics science can determine the race of a person through only there bone structure then of course it's going to have to supercede more than 80% of their dna

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
yall really wanna play this game, if forensics science can determine the race of a person through only there bone structure then of course it's going to have to supercede more than 80% of their dna

So then a black person in your opinion is someone who can trace 80% of their genetic lineage to SSA.

The US census has a lot of reformation to do then, because by this definition the black population in the US is far less than we suspect. :jbhmm: