Would you consider Aborigines black?

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The chart says "black" but I don't know if that's the actual terminology that was used in 1911. Aframs were using the term back in the mid 1800's but the modern concept that we know today didn't exist

OLMXQM7.png

James McCune Smith (April 18, 1813 – November 17, 1865)

I'll try to get some articles, but until then we'll agree to disagree. I never said Black Americans didn't use the term "black", I just said it's not unique to you, and you shouldn't speak on cultures you know literally nothing about. You'd call me "c00n", "cac" and all kinds of shyt if I did the same thing to you.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'll try to get some articles, but until then we'll agree to disagree. I never said Black Americans didn't use the term "black", I just said it's not unique to you, and you shouldn't speak on cultures you know literally nothing about. You'd call me "c00n", "cac" and all kinds of shyt if I did the same thing to you.

There is a ton of evidence to show and prove the concept of "blackness" that we know today spread from America to the rest of the global "black" world. It's not debatable:francis:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
We've all heard it before, :yeshrug:
"Im not black, Im Nigerian," "Im not black, Im Jamaican," ect...or that AA's try to force everyone outside of the American context into neat little racial boxes.

Well fukk it then, nobodies black :yeshrug: Obviously we can tell whose of African descent, and if someone chooses to identify as black, thats cool, and I won't deny them their right to identify however they choose, but Im not gonna go outta my way to force someone to be something they feel like they're not.
Race & ethnicity =/= nationality

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
Superficially so. They have a very different bone structure and nose shape compared to Africans which is obvious to me, and their eyes look more like South Asian peoples'

They look nothing like Asians before they aboriginals mixed with whites they always had dark skin with round noses and full lips these features are most found in black people only difference is their hair

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
I'm assuming black = african or of african descent, if so no. End of discussion

Since everyone is out of Africa I think it should be any descendants from when humanity started migrating from Africa or early biblical times that kept black features and skin tone the phenotype is black