Would you consider Aborigines black?

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Most sub-saharan africans with a grasp on the Western concepts of race would never deny that they're "black" based on phenotype (they often fit the perceived true "negro" stereotypes) but there are Horn of Africa, Africans, who have their own concepts of race inside Africa, that will deny that they are "black".

=
nope, gotta check out that movie. but you can tell theyre not BLACK, Black just by looking at them. People can be "Black" but still not Black. You know what I mean?:youngsabo:

Question who determines who is 'blc
I don't consider anyone whose not AA as being black :yeshrug:
Anyone outside of America, I go by nationality.

edit: fukk it then. Everybody's black even the people who desperately want to distance themselves from it.
33nvsee.gif
@Tezeta

Why don't you travel to places such as Perth or Darwin during your school break, and really explore the country, and visit the different reserves in those areas and get the natives perspective? which many Australians and Kiwis do travel to places such as Fiji, because coming on this website will not give you the answers you are looking for! Are Ethiopians and South Sudanese that insular a community? Then again, i met some Coptic Sudanese and Egyptians Copts that think the same way, they barely know anything about Australia besides being free country, without the religious harassment they left from the old country, and making money so i reckon "living the good life". Which seems like the only concern with them is making money. I have a tendency of venturing out and knowing and educating about other communities in my area, but then again New Zealand is a great deal smaller than Australia.

What i am saying, it does not make sense to address this question here, since most of the people here are pretty ignorant of the region.

Last edited:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
:laff: :laff: this thread is runinng rampant with agents. these people are BLACK! i take y'all as entertainment value, nothing serious. wooo:wow: :russ: y'all retarded

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The term/concept as we know it today, was created in America by Aframs:yeshrug:

No, it was used in Africa since the 1800's. African Americans were primarily called "Negroes" even will within the 20th century.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aboriginals are not orig from Africa .. There is no direct line of descendants from Africa

I was watching a program not long ago saying they come from Timor /asia and india ..

They had settled in those regions for a long periods of time before ever reaching Australia

They are also the only race which there DNA line can eventually be bred out is what I heard

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Aboriginals are not orig from Africa .. There is no direct line of descendants from Africa

I was watching a program not long ago saying they come from Timor /asia and india ..

They had settled in those regions for a long periods of time before ever reaching Australia

They are also the only race which there DNA line can eventually be bred out is what I heard

Damn, care to elaborate on that?

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World

:why:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
For the millionth time: yes.

So is it that y'all are doing the same math as white supremacists with the whole "racially pure" bullshyt? Most of you are not 100% African so you wouldn't even pass your own stupid ass test.

I will write it again just because:

What percentage African is enough to be considered black? 50%? No cause people try to say Obama isn't black. Is Michelle black? She looks like massa got to one of her ancestors. Let's say she is 75% African so she qualifies. Now their kids are like 63% African so they qualify too. So now Obama is the only non Black but has black kids. So why couldn't Obama's non Black mom have a black kid?

If the above sounds stupid it's CAUSE IT IS. Smart dumb niqqa thinking at it's finest.

Stop trying to divide us up. We need all the soldiers we can get.

Good post

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The modern conception of the term "black" is w/o a doubt an Afram creation. Aframs were called "negro", "colored" and "people of color" by white people.

No, it's not exclusively AfAm. My country of origin on my mother's side (Zimbabwe) used "black" since the 19th century.

Coli militants have an awful habit of speaking on black cultures which they know literally nothing about as if they're experts or in any way qualified, just because they're also black. I'll never try to school a Black Ameican on Black American cultural norms/traditions, you cats should have the sense to let Africans and West Indians speak on their own behalf.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No, it's not exclusively AfAm. My country of origin on my mother's side (Zimbabwe) used "black" since the 19th century.

Show me some links/info in regards to the history of Zimbabwe and the usage of the the term "black" in the modern sense that predates the Afram concept

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I don't have any documents on hand, but the Rhodesian (colonial Zimbabwe) census data refers to blacks as blacks in 1911:

Demographics of Zimbabwe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Southern Rhodesia is the modern day Zimbabwe. "Coloured" refers to mixed race people.

The chart says "black" but I don't know if that's the actual terminology that was used in 1911. Aframs were using the term back in the mid 1800's but the modern concept that we know today didn't exist

OLMXQM7.png

James McCune Smith (April 18, 1813 – November 17, 1865)

was an American physician, apothecary, abolitionist, and author. He is the first African American to hold a medical degree and graduated at the top in his class at the University of Glasgow, Scotland. He was the first African American to run a pharmacy in the United States.

In addition to practicing as a doctor for nearly 20 years at the Colored Orphan Asylum in Manhattan, Smith was a public intellectual: he contributed articles to medical journals, participated in learned societies, and wrote numerous essays and articles drawing from his medical and statistical training. He used his training in medicine and statistics to refute common misconceptions about race, intelligence, medicine, and society in general. Invited as a founding member of the New York Statistics Society in 1852, which promoted a new science, he was elected as a member in 1854 of the recently founded American Geographic Society. But, he was never admitted to the American Medical Association or local medical associations.

He has been most well known for his leadership as an abolitionist; a member of the American Anti-Slavery Society, with Frederick Douglass he helped start the National Council of Colored People in 1853, the first permanent national organization for blacks. Douglass said that Smith was "the single most important influence on his life."[1] Smith was one of the Committee of Thirteen, who organized in 1850 in New York City to resist the newly passed Fugitive Slave Law by aiding fugitive slaves through the Underground Railroad. Other leading abolitionist activists were among his friends and colleagues. From the 1840s, he lectured on race and abolitionism and wrote numerous articles to refute racist ideas about black capacities.

The first African American to receive a medical degree, this invaluable collection brings together the writings of James McCune Smith, one of the foremost intellectuals in antebellum America. The Works of James McCune Smith is one of the first anthologies featuring the works of this illustrious scholar. Perhaps best known for his introduction to Fredrick Douglass's My Bondage and My Freedom, his influence is still found in a number of aspects of modern society and social interactions. And he was considered by many to be a prophet of the twenty-first century. One of the earliest advocates of the use of "black" instead of "colored," McCune Smith treated racial identities as social constructions, arguing that American literature, music, and dance would be shaped and defined by blacks.

The absence of James McCune Smith in the historiographic and critical literature is even more striking. He was a brilliant scholar, writer, and critic, as well as a first rate physician. In 1882 the black leader Alexander Crummell called him "the most learned Negro of his day," and Frederick Douglass considered him the most important black influence in his life (much as he considered Gerrit Smith the most important white one). Douglass was probably correct when, in 1859, he publicly stated: "No man in this country more thoroughly understands the whole struggle between freedom and slavery, than does Dr. Smith, and his heart is as broad as his understanding."

As a prose stylist and original thinker, McCune Smith ranks, at his best, alongside such canonical figures as Emerson and Thoreau. His essays are sophisticated and elegant, his interpretations of American culture are way ahead of his time, and his experimental style and use of dialect anticipates some of the Harlem Renaissance writers of the 1920s. Yet McCune Smith has been completely ignored by literary critics; and aside from one article on him, he has remained absent from the historical record.