Would you consider Aborigines black?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
:camby:Africans would like to have a word with you

Most sub-saharan africans with a grasp on the Western concepts of race would never deny that they're "black" based on phenotype (they often fit the perceived true "negro" stereotypes) but there are Horn of Africa, Africans, who have their own concepts of race inside Africa, that will deny that they are "black".

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
They are Black but they are also non-African. Black is a broader term than African.

I think race is so complicated due to human diversity, and even within Africa, you have most population who appearance is the stereotype within Sub Saharan Africa range, and you have a significant amount of populations within Sub Saharann who do not look like the stereotype , who may fit quite well with other populations, and lets face it Africa is just a landmass and Continent which consist of many people, similar to Asia.

In regards to the Natives in Australia, it really depends. I have never had this conversation about race in Australia from the ones i met, but with Melanesian i met, they usually go by their nationality, and if they describe themselves they usually say "black". I am talking about mainly the people i met in Australia and New Zealand from PNG.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
LOL

I often meet Black people from other countries and they always present themselves as such, never heard anyone say "I'm not Black I'm Haitian" or something like that.

My wife and in-laws are all from Mozambique, they call themselves Black.

It doesn't really happen with people from nations that are obviously black looking. It's more of a thing you see from nations where they have huge afro-european/triracial populations combined with 3 tier caste systems/reverse one drop rules or African's who don't fit the stereotypical "broad negro" look.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
IMO, you are black if your plight would be the same as other blacks if moved to America.

The darker the skin, generally the less humane the treatment in general.

But to be PC . Race isn't measurable or biological. It is indeed a social construct based on cultural beliefs. All made up.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I would if they self-identified as/were African descendent. Look at the two women in the back, they look a lot like the rest of the people you posted but they're from the Siddi ethnic group, it's been thousands of years since their ancestors were stolen from Africa and they likely have extensive admixture but they're black just the same

1373329982-africanindian-festival-siddis-nyas-underway-in-india_2237744.jpg

Also, see the Paniya people. India's more diverse than many Indians would have you believe.
8682733623_ebb24e2240_b.jpg

The siddis are a recent arrival into India compared to everyone else. They have nothing to do with aborigines.

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
@endlesslyidle Which South American countries did you go to, and when and where did the locals inform you that they prefer to not be referred to as black?

My best friend and I went backpacking in Peru a few years ago, and Ive also visited Argentina and Brazil. Does some one really need to craft a powerpoint presentation, or write in big letters in the the sky for you to notice the obvious social and economic disparities between people who are considered "white" and people who are considered"black." Being black is considered "poor," "dirty," and "uncivilized." You don't think that has any affects at all on the minds of people in these countries? People downplaying any african ancestry in favor of elevating their nonblack genetics.

Please tell me you're not this naive to not know just how deeply anti-blackness and white supremacy has affected people throughout the Americas?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
well how can you consider somebody black that never wants to go back to the motherland not even for a holiday visit :sas2:

i consider myself black american, not african. why would i want to go there, when they're drowning themselves trying to get over western civilization

This nikka said "i consider myself black american, not african". :snoop: Black Americans are scared to death of Africa... it's so sad.

:mjlol:alright marcus keep telling yourself that

....One of things people are missing is the modern conception of the term "black" is an AfroAmerican creation.

Old post of mine

Dude said the reason why Africans refer to themselves ass black is because of AAs. Which is completely false. The whole concept was created by cacs. If that's not the case than why do actual black people and cacs in England refer to African and West Indian immigrants as black also. You gonna tell me, it's because of AA influence? Nope. Can't accept that. If African immigrants would have came in America even if there weren't AAs, white folk by enlarge would have refer to us as Negros and black and with that, African and WI immigrants would have still considered themselves black just like what AAs do. The concept of the words negro and black did not come from AAs. So with that being said, they are NOT the reason that Africans refer to themselves ass black even though most will still refer to their nationality first.

It is though. The modern Afram concept of "blackness" spread around the world with PanAfricanism/Black Power Movt. White people would have called all afro populations "negro" before this. White people in America didn't even call Aframs "black" until we started self identifying that way.

Xy8jheQ.jpg

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you seen the movie Sapphires?

They called them aboriginal girls BLACK all through the movie.

nope, gotta check out that movie. but you can tell theyre not BLACK, Black just by looking at them. People can be "Black" but still not Black. You know what I mean?:youngsabo:

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Most sub-saharan africans with a grasp on the Western concepts of race would never deny that they're "black" based on phenotype (they often fit the perceived true "negro" stereotypes) but there are Horn of Africa, Africans, who have their own concepts of race inside Africa, that will deny that they are "black".
To be fair, most people in the horn of Africa, except southern somalis have never met a non horner before so theyre a bit sensitive to the difference in features despite the fact that they share the same skin colour and origin with other Africans. Africa is still incredibly diverse. Most Ethiopian/Somali/Eritrean migrants realize they do belong to the black race after exposure to other races and there are many pro black Ethiopians in the states such as legendary director Haile Girma whove contributed alot to black movements. Its all about exposure

Daniels

Lieutenant
Daps
I'm willing to bet that you won't come across an Aborigine who considers themselves "black".:stopitslime:
Wrong. It's probably been said in here already but they identify themselves as black..and the men positively greet eachother and refer to their brothers/other aboriginal men as "black fellas"

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
YES

They damn sure are considered Black by the people of Australia.

Same as the Negrito's in Asia.

AA's or Americans in general don't have a monopoly on the term "Black".

I hate that we act like we do. Because it show arrogance and privilege.

:conusher: Clown.

Im African so apparently I'm not black?

I could slap that same shyt on you, AA's who are like 20-30 percent white who are they to decide what is "black" and what isn't

Won't even entertain this, just get that neg clown

:sodomites:
The term/concept as we know it today, was created in America by Aframs:yeshrug:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My best friend and I went backpacking in Peru a few years ago, and Ive also visited Argentina and Brazil. Does some one really need to craft a powerpoint presentation, or write in big letters in the the sky for you to notice the obvious social and economic disparities between people who are considered "white" and people who are considered"black." Being black is considered "poor," "dirty," and "uncivilized." You don't think that has any affects at all on the minds of people in these countries? People downplaying any african ancestry in favor of elevating their nonblack genetics.

Please tell me you're not this naive to not know just how deeply anti-blackness and white supremacy has affected people throughout the Americas?

This same shyt happens in America. "My full blooded Cherokee grandmother", "what are you mixed with", "I'm half Indian", "good hair", "I'm Creole"....all that bullshyt. You're full of shyt because you act as if this is something unique to non American blacks or notably absent from your culture, which it is not.

That being said (and I repeat), I've never seen any person who is clearly African descended say they're not black, so shut the fukk up.

Last edited: