Worth it to move to cities in NY like Poughkeepsie?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Erie and Pittsburgh are 5-7 hours from philly, and Pittsburgh is technically the Midwest.

You probably mean culturally.

In reality Pittsburgh is as East Coast as Buffalo/Rochester (two cities that are culturally more related to the Midwest)

Regions definitely have state boarders. You can’t be in a state and claim a different region than the other cities in that state.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
imo, Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse would be 10x better to live in than Pouhkeepsie, Newburgh, Kingston, et. al.

despite those places proximity to NY. Cuse, and to a larger degree Buffalo and Rochester, are on a huge upswing and theres a good amount of stuff going on. great place to start a biz, great place to buy property.

moving from AZ is going to be a huge culture shock and a huge slap in the face regarding weather

OP should consider Philly, for real
I didn't like Buffalo, I lived in the suburbs, but I was getting my IT career of the ground and that was where I had my first job.
It has been years since I've lived in Rochester and Syracuse, but I liked the snowy weather. Summers sucked because of the high humidity and heat. You step out and sweat your balls off just walking to your car. Then you get in, turn on the air conditioner and your shirt is damp from your sweat. Doesn't matter because after you park your car, you have to step out into the heat and humidity again for another sweat-a-thon.

Philly? Cost of living varies depending on where you decide to live. $1,000/mo rent will go much farther in Philly than in Poughkeepsie if you don't mind the rowhouse neighborhoods. :manny: You can take Amtrack to NYC, or drive to NYC. Cross over into NJ, go north. They are already done with the New Jersey Turnpike expansion project.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What city?
Providence or Pawtucket. In between Boston and NYC. I used to live in Prov and it was cool. Pawtucket is cheap. Central Falls is dirt cheap. If you don’t want to drive, their public bus services the entire state. They also have commuter rail service to Boston. Amtrak service too.

Providence was good to me while I stayed there.