Worth it to move to cities in NY like Poughkeepsie?

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
i hate Phoenix and I’m tired of living here

I was talking to a NY nikka and he said it’s affordable

I’m tired of AZ and I want to be back around Black women
Phoenix has too small of a Black population

It just sucks man

I mean, if you want to move out there you can--I'm just saying, if you want a larger black population, decent weather, and affordability, your better off looking at the south IMO.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Good pizza restaurants. A couple dancehall spots. Semi friendly people (for NY).
Nothing much else. Suburbian nerds and zombies. My in-laws are out there. Nice house but taxes are high as fukk.

camroni

Rookie
Daps
I was born and raised in Poughkeepsie. Me and my girl moved out of there right after I got my bachelors. There is absolutely no reason to move to Poughkeepsie. There are black people but there's no jobs, no night life, nothing to do for fun at all really. And because commuters from NYC live there/buy property the rent is waaayy higher than it needs to be. Buffalo and Rochester are better if you really want to live in upstate NY.

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
How affordable are you thinking?
Or to be more specific, how much would you want to pay for one-month of rent for a one-bedroom apartment?

I lived in Poughkeepsie. For the size of town it is, it's not cheaper than Syracuse, Rochester or Buffalo. It has to do with its proximity to NYC. But, you should do your research before moving. There's a huge IBM headquarters so there's a lot of IBM money in the area. To note, anytime you want to live close to NYC, the rent and cost of living goes up.

imo, Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse would be 10x better to live in than Pouhkeepsie, Newburgh, Kingston, et. al.

despite those places proximity to NY. Cuse, and to a larger degree Buffalo and Rochester, are on a huge upswing and theres a good amount of stuff going on. great place to start a biz, great place to buy property.

moving from AZ is going to be a huge culture shock and a huge slap in the face regarding weather

OP should consider Philly, for real

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
imo, Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse would be 10x better to live in than Pouhkeepsie, Newburgh, Kingston, et. al.

despite those places proximity to NY. Cuse, and to a larger degree Buffalo and Rochester, are on a huge upswing and theres a good amount of stuff going on. great place to start a biz, great place to buy property.

moving from AZ is going to be a huge culture shock and a huge slap in the face regarding weather

OP should consider Philly, for real

Bruh I’m from Michigan I can deal

I think I would like philly

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Only move there if you like CAC degenerates and busted looking black folk that don't work out. Those areas are always the most dangerous to inhabit because of poverty and ignorance.

Last time I visited there was like 2 yrs ago. So its really that shytty?
Not even places to have fun there?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Last time I visited there was like 2 yrs ago. So its really that shytty?
Not even places to have fun there?

Hell nah. Only places to have fun are college campuses, so if you are an older looking breh, you are assed out.