Worth it to move to cities in NY like Poughkeepsie?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It is isolation, but not as many rednecks. You need to go north or west of Albany for that.
Crime? Depends on the neighborhood. The poor parts of Poughkeepsie and Kingston have city-related crime. The rest is suburban-type crimes.

Poughkeepsie and Newburgh are places where hope and dreams die. You might as well live in North Carolina.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Man I wanna live on the east coast

I don’t care if it’s a bumblefukk town as long as I can go to the next city over

I would go to Albany NY or Buffalo NY

Since you're not from New York, or even the East Coast, its a safer bet to get easily situated. Plus its only a Greyhound bus ride away from NYC if you want to visit
Plus cheaper rent. You can stack your money and eventually move closer to NYC in a couple years

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Only move there if you like CAC degenerates and busted looking black folk that don't work out. Those areas are always the most dangerous to inhabit because of poverty and ignorance.

What if they have a great Engineering school there :mjcry:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What if they have a great Engineering school there :mjcry:

Only if you live on campus in a typical PWI where you be the token black male in a lecture. That's how bedbucks and bedwenches are born in those institutions. I mean, if you have a strong will and super determined, you get your education and GET OUT the moment you finish it.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
No more than $1000
I got family in New York City so yeah I’m going to visit
There might be efficiency apartments between $1,000 to $1,100. You would have to look around if there's something cheaper.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
One my friends lives in Albany and says that poughkeepsie is trash. He says your better off staying in AZ breh. Move to the south east--NC, GA. Affordable, warmer(better weather during winter), plenty of BW.