:devil:
:evil:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Avery Bradley shot 40% from 3 , which is his season average 39%

Jae shot 20% but he's being guarded by Butler, so I expect that to continue

If you think both players are getting off this series being guarded by Butler and Wade then not sure what to tell you. Boston has made a living beating up on the non-playoff teams. I saw Boston playing some of their best ball and shots not falling due to defense or just missing, getting rebounded, and outside of Isiah no drives to the basket

Bobby Portis will probably average 30/20 for the rest of the series too, since the Celtics have apparently peaked while the Bulls have nothing but room for improvement :ehh:

IF THE CELTICS DONT WIN THIS SERIES...

I DONT EVER WANNA HEAR
BRAD "1ST ROUND" STEVENS NAME
MENTIONED AMONGST GOOD COACHES AGAIN.

HES ONLY RELEVANT BECAUSE ISAIAH SAVED THAT FRANCHISE.

This logic would work if Isaiah had any type of success without the Celtics. He was a 6th man who had never made the playoffs before he go to Boston. Reality is, both have benefited from this situation. But I guess that's too hard to admit

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Bobby Portis will probably average 30/20 for the rest of the series too, since the Celtics have apparently peaked while the Bulls have nothing but room for improvement :ehh:

This logic would work if Isaiah had any type of success without the Celtics. He was a 6th man who had never made the playoffs before he go to Boston. Reality is, both have benefited from this situation. But I guess that's too hard to admit

ISAIAH SPENT HIS 1st 3 YEARS IN SACRAMENTO....
OF COURSE HE DIDNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS...
HE STARTED MOST OF HIS GAMES
AND AVERAGED 20 & 6 HIS LAST YR THERE.

HE ONLY DID THE 6 MAN shyt FOR 1 SEASON
WHEN HE CHOSE TO GO TO PHX
AND WAS TRADED TO BOSTON.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

ISAIAH SPENT HIS 1st 3 YEARS IN SACRAMENTO....
OF COURSE HE DIDNT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS...
HE STARTED MOST OF HIS GAMES THERE
AND AVERAGED 20 & 6 HIS LAST YR THERE.

HE ONLY DID THE 6 MAN shyt FOR 1 SEASON
WHEN HE CHOSE TO GO TO PHX
AND WAS TRADED TO BOSTON.

You're saying Stevens is overrated and is only relevant because Isaiah came to Boston. And I'm saying that Isaiah himself wasn't even relevant before he got to Boston. You're talking about how Stevens has never won a playoff series, but Isaiah has never won one either. They're in the same boat

Like I said, both of their careers have benefited greatly from the situation.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You're saying Stevens is overrated and is only relevant because Isaiah came to Boston. And I'm saying that Isaiah himself wasn't even relevant before he got to Boston. You're talking about how Stevens has never won a playoff series, but Isaiah has never won one either. They're in the same boat

Like I said, both of their careers have benefited greatly from the situation.

YOU WOULD HAVE A POINT
IF PPL DIDNT ALWAYS SAY...

"LOOK AT WHAT STEVENS HAS DONE WITH THAT TERRIBLE ROSTER"...

ITS NEVER "LOOK AT WHAT ISAIAH HAS DONE WITH THAT SUPPORTING CAST."

THEY CANT BE IN THE SAME BOAT
WHEN STEVENS GETS ALL THE CREDIT
EVEN THOUGH THOMAS IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT TEAMS SUCCESS.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

YOU WOULD HAVE A POINT
IF PPL DIDNT ALWAYS SAY...

"LOOK AT WHAT STEVENS HAS DONE WITH THAT TERRIBLE ROSTER"...

ITS NEVER "LOOK AT WHAT ISAIAH HAS DONE WITH THAT SUPPORTING CAST."

THEY CANT BE IN THE SAME BOAT
WHEN STEVENS GETS ALL THE CREDIT
EVEN THOUGH THOMAS IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT TEAMS SUCCESS.

They are in the same boat in terms of what they've done in the playoffs. It's asinine to criticize Stevens for his playoff resume while praising Isaiah who has the exact same record.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They are in the same boat in terms of what they've done in the playoffs. It's asinine to criticize Stevens for his playoff resume while praising Isaiah who has the exact same record.

ISAIAH ISNT THE ONE BEING CALLED A GREAT COACH.

HES A ONE MAN SHOW...

EVERYONE KNOWS ITS EASIER
TO ZONE IN ON A ONE MAN BAND IN THE PLAYOFFS...

BOSTONS GAME PLAN HAS BEEN
CRASH AND BURN WITH A 5'7 PLAYER.

THATS NOT GREAT COACHING ITS SPAMMING.

ITS UP TO GREAT COACH STEVENS
TO UTILIZE HIS ROSTER ACCORDINGLY.

NOT THE SAME BOAT AT ALL.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ISAIAH ISNT THE ONE BEING CALLED A GREAT COACH.

HES A ONE MAN SHOW...

EVERYONE KNOWS ITS EASIER
TO ZONE IN ON A ONE MAN BAND IN THE PLAYOFFS...

BOSTONS GAME PLAN HAS BEEN
CRASH AND BURN WITH A 5'7 PLAYER.

THATS NOT GREAT COACHING ITS SPAMMING.

ITS UP TO GREAT COACH STEVENS
TO UTILIZE HIS ROSTER ACCORDINGLY.

NOT THE SAME BOAT AT ALL.

And nobody calls Isaiah a great player :dahell:? He isn't the face of the team? He didn't average almost 30 a game this year? He hasn't been an all-star the last two seasons and likely All-NBA this season? He isn't going to command max money when he hits free agency next year?

The game plan isn't to crash and burn with Isaiah. It's just what ends up happening when you only have one reliable shot creator :manny:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps

Okay Celts improve 3-4% on their 3 point attempts, you're taking a hyperbolic stance to this. All I'm saying is Wade didn't show up, Butler came on late, Mirotic was a no show

both IT and Horford showed up

Avery is being checked by Wade and Butler is clamping whomever he guards up. Tell me what is Celtics path of victory in 7...not saying Celts can't win, i just feel it's gonna be a struggle espeicallly if they couldn't get the first 2 games. Boston could easily catch fire and win the next 4 too...but "catching fire" isn't an analytical path to victory.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Okay Celts improve 3-4% on their 3 point attempts, you're taking a hyperbolic stance to this. All I'm saying is Wade didn't show up, Butler came on late, Mirotic was a no show

both IT and Horford showed up

Avery is being checked by Wade and Butler is clamping whomever he guards up. Tell me what is Celtics path of victory in 7...not saying Celts can't win, i just feel it's gonna be a struggle espeicallly if they couldn't get the first 2 games. Boston could easily catch fire and win the next 4 too...but "catching fire" isn't an analytical path to victory.

And I could easily talk about how Horford only had one good half, Isaiah had an abnormally high amount of turnovers, Bradley & Crowder both played below their capabilities, the other bigs aside from Horford shot 5-17, the Bulls bench badly outplayed the Celtics and they had their worst rebounding game of the season...yet still could've won this game. I mean shyt if you want to talk about what happened in this game that's most unlikely to occur again in the series it's Bobby Portis nearly having 20/10 shooting 80% from the floor, and that was a major part in Chicago winning

Thinking the Bulls will win this series is fine. Acting like the Bulls took the Celtics best shot as a team and still won is fukking idiotic.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
And I could easily talk about how Horford only had one good half, Isaiah had an abnormally high amount of turnovers, Bradley & Crowder both played below their capabilities, the other bigs aside from Horford shot 5-17, the Bulls bench badly outplayed the Celtics and they had their worst rebounding game of the season...yet still could've won this game. I mean shyt if you want to talk about what happened in this game that's most unlikely to occur again in the series it's Bobby Portis nearly having 20/10 shooting 80% from the floor, and that was a major part in Chicago winning

Thinking the Bulls will win this series is fine. Acting like the Bulls took the Celtics best shot as a team and still won is fukking idiotic.

Your bigs pretty much suck
Bulls have typically out rebounded the celtics, you guys are starting a pf against an actually decent center

We have 3 of the best rebounding perimeter players in the league

Bulls took the Cs best shot at home and still won despite the refs trying to cheat too

You need to tell me how you're gonna out rebound Chicago or stop the drives to the basket...instesd of just saying, we can magically get more rebounds and play better defense

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your bigs pretty much suck
Bulls have typically out rebounded the celtics, you guys are starting a pf against an actually decent center

We have 3 of the best rebounding perimeter players in the league

Bulls took the Cs best shot at home and still won despite the refs trying to cheat too

You need to tell me how you're gonna out rebound Chicago or stop the drives to the basket...instesd of just saying, we can magically get more rebounds and play better defense

The bigs outside of Horford aren't worldbeaters, but shooting a combined 35% isn't typically how they play, no more than Mirotic shooting 1-9. But I forgot Mirotic will go back to his averages while all the Celtics who shot below theirs will get worse cause this was their peak level of play

They've outrebounded the Celtics, but not to the point where they were rebounding ~40% of their misses. Celtics aren't going to outrebound the Bulls throughout the series, but they can reduce the margin that we saw in game 1.

"Refs were cheating" Yeah it's all a conspiracy, we know the last thing the NBA wants to see is the Chicago Bulls have playoff success, so they sent that memo:russell:

I mean...you're free to continue convincing yourself that last night was the best game this Celtics team could possibly dream of playing, while saying that the ceiling is the roof for a Bulls team that has if nothing more this season, shown their ability to be consistently inconsistent and would've probably lost last night if it wasn't for a 6 PPG bench player having the game of his life :ld:

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
The bigs outside of Horford aren't worldbeaters, but shooting a combined 35% isn't typically how they play, no more than Mirotic shooting 1-9. But I forgot Mirotic will go back to his averages while all the Celtics who shot below theirs will get worse cause this was their peak level of play

They've outrebounded the Celtics, but not to the point where they were rebounding ~40% of their misses. Celtics aren't going to outrebound the Bulls throughout the series, but they can reduce the margin that we saw in game 1.

"Refs were cheating" Yeah it's all a conspiracy, we know the last thing the NBA wants to see is the Chicago Bulls have playoff success, so they sent that memo:russell:

I mean...you're free to continue convincing yourself that last night was the best game this Celtics team could possibly dream of playing, while saying that the ceiling is the roof for a Bulls team that has if nothing more this season, shown their ability to be consistently inconsistent and would've probably lost last night if it wasn't for a 6 PPG bench player having the game of his life :ld:

your centers suck again, so that's the point
Mirotic doesn't suck, so the chances on him rebounding are quite higher than Zellers

fine we can agree they can reduce the margin

refs had some really poor calls against the bulls, yeah it goes both ways , i see calls on both sides where no one touched the player and a foul was called (IT got one against Portis like that, then got one called against him)

Bobby Portis has the skillset to produce, HOiberg just never gives him burn - most chicago fans know that. But I don't expect Portis to drop 19 on 80% shooting - i do expect Wade and Mirotic to produce to offset that.

Again you can't tell me how Celts will win the series unless they catch fire from 3. With Butler and Wade guaring the pereimeter, you're basically stuck with IT and horford and hoping they can pull you guys through