Working Out/Maintaining A Nice Body REALLY Requires A Strong Mental Attitude

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Staying in shape, to me, is simply a part of living. You are nothing without your health; staying in shape will, hopefully, keep me spry and healthy as I'm getting up their in age. I think the fact that I came from such a "regimented" background (I did sports and danced professionally for 10+ years) helped also, because working out/eating healthy became 2nd nature to me.

To keep it 100, I'm also vain; I like my body looking a certain way, so I make sure I dedicate time to keep it that way.

My daily routine includes a workout of some sort; I feel weird if I skip multiple days in a row.
how old is you now

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've accepted that I'm an a$$hole about this so I try not discussing it with obese people in real life.

But IMO, if you don't have a medical problem that's holding you back then I don't want to hear any complaining about body image problems or unattainable bodies.:francis:

I've known so many people that have turned it around. And I've also had so many people give me the gauntlet of excuses:usure:

If you are a slob and don't care/aren't trying to do anything about it that's on you:ufdup:

But you could weigh 450lbs and if you're out here trying to change yourself for the better, then I'll be your biggest supporter:manny:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about how alot of pro athletes get :flabbynsick:after they retire. I think it has alot to do with motivation. After they retire they're just simply not motivated anymore to maintain a workout and diet regiment. While they are playing, they have the motivation of contracts, performance bonuses, being cut from the team, etc to stay in peak physical condition. Basically their livelihood depends on them being in shape.To make it to the pros discipline is needed but to STAY motivation is needed. After retirement that motivation is gone for alot of athletes to maintain their fitness level. But of course there are guys like Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice who are still motivated to workout well after retirement. I guess discipline and motivation goes hand in hand:yeshrug:

I think this is a bad example

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Mid 30s. Not that old, but at that point where things start slowing down and bones start to creak LOL
I just entered my late 20s and I`m trying to get to my "goal size" so I can just cruise and not have to do this bulking and cutting crap any more. Older you get tougher the battle is since your metabolism slows down. It isn't impossible but it takes more effort, and I rather just be able to cruise since I expect to have kids and stuff in my 30s.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
It's mostly in the mind, if you can convince yourself to just eat or drink when you actually feel hungry and to listen to your body then you're good to go. You have to listen to your body when it says enough, take a rest as well. Its all connected to mental health and well being.
Lot of it is changing your approach to food and not setting yourself up for failure. I notice I don't eat junk food when I don't have it in the house

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lot of it is changing your approach to food and not setting yourself up for failure. I notice I don't eat junk food when I don't have it in the house

also idle time. The times I`m sitting around doing nothing is when I look at my girl and say "hey babe lets go try these triple layer donut burgers :flabbynsick:"

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps

That is pretty much the key right there. I got my own spot so I buy healthy food only. I notice when I go home to my parents, they have non healthy I indulge in that ish but when I am at my crib I eat strictly healthy. I also lots of fruits so if I need a snack, I just snack on fruits. If I go to the vending machine, I go for peanuts instead of chips and if I want ice cream, I just walk to Chic fil A which is 1.4 go and return trip. This allows me to eat my cravings proportionally and still get some exercise walking there.

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I just entered my late 20s and I`m trying to get to my "goal size" so I can just cruise and not have to do this bulking and cutting crap any more. Older you get tougher the battle is since your metabolism slows down. It isn't impossible but it takes more effort, and I rather just be able to cruise since I expect to have kids and stuff in my 30s.
Yep. I laid the foundation in my 20s; I merely work out to maintain now.